PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying an exhaust system, but

sbmike
05-05-2004, 11:57 AM
I use a trailer hitch cargo rack from time to time and having tail pipes that come straight out the back will just not work for me. I learned from experience with my Durango that having a straight pipe can fry things on the cargo rack (hell, it burned the paint off the cargo rack!). Do any of you know any manufacturers who make an efficient exhaust system with a tail pipe that aims downward rather than straight out the back?

sbmike
I use a trailer hitch cargo rack from time to time and having tail pipes that come straight out the back will just not work for me. I learned from experience with my Durango that having a straight pipe can fry things on the cargo rack (hell, it burned the paint off the cargo rack!). Do any of you know any manufacturers who make an efficient exhaust system with a tail pipe that aims downward rather than straight out the back?

sbmike

FrgMstr
05-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Any decent muffler shop with a bending mahcine should be able to route your exhuast where you want it. Of course restriction comes into question but as long as the bends are not severe, you sould be set.

Bevo
05-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Check out the Corsa Off-Road system. It matches the stock exhaust exit to retain the clearance and approach/departure angles.

CRUZMISL
05-05-2004, 01:05 PM
what he said.

HHummer
05-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Just an additional note on the Corsa - you can also switch the tips, so if you like the look of the chrome tips just order the optional off-road tip and then switch when you install the rack of go extreme in off-road. Best of both options.

sbmike
05-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the responses. Now all I have to do is come up with the money. C'mon Powerball lottery!

Nighthunter
05-06-2004, 10:56 PM
I own a Auto Shop In Woodbridge VA . I installed a magnaflow system with custom polished stainless Tailpipes with oval tips turned towards the groun hte same system installed on your Hummer for 675.00. Iwork by appointment only. PM if interested.
Nighthunter