PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Locating Fuse

TouchdownTN
01-13-2004, 03:33 AM
While on my 2'nd attempt at installing the PIOGM1V2 in my H2 I some how shorted out the Aux Power Points. The Cig. Lighter still works but the other two don't. Didn't check the rear ones but the front two don't work. I checked the fuse under the hood that was labeled Aux Power and it was fine. Can someone please tell me what fuse I need to check and/or replace? BTW, I've had it with this PIOGM1V2. I am calling soundgate tomorrow and trying to arrange for a refund. Now I'm out $500 for an I-Pod that I can't hook up in my truck. Sorry if I sound so negative but I've had enough. I hope you guys can encourage me and provide me with some help on the fuse. Thanks,

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!

TouchdownTN
01-13-2004, 03:33 AM
While on my 2'nd attempt at installing the PIOGM1V2 in my H2 I some how shorted out the Aux Power Points. The Cig. Lighter still works but the other two don't. Didn't check the rear ones but the front two don't work. I checked the fuse under the hood that was labeled Aux Power and it was fine. Can someone please tell me what fuse I need to check and/or replace? BTW, I've had it with this PIOGM1V2. I am calling soundgate tomorrow and trying to arrange for a refund. Now I'm out $500 for an I-Pod that I can't hook up in my truck. Sorry if I sound so negative but I've had enough. I hope you guys can encourage me and provide me with some help on the fuse. Thanks,

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!

frank6150
01-13-2004, 04:07 AM
I wouldn't give up on doing the install, there are a few people around here that I know can help you. Might be best to get in touch with them privately if they respond here so they can walk you through it.

As far as the fuse goes I wish I could help you but I don't even have the slightest clue about this PIOGM1V2 doohicky gadget let alone what fuse goes where. Theoretically there are only a couple fuse boxes in the truck so it's not like there is something hidden somewhere. Hopefully you didn't do more than just blow a fuse.

S&B Member since '03

Klaus
01-13-2004, 11:12 AM
Touchdown,

I sent you an email with a PDF file of the Cigar Lighter/Auxiliary Outlets Schematics.

You should contact Soundgate and tell them you want to swap your V2 adapter for the V3 (PIOGM1V3).

If you just can't deal with Soundgate anymore, hang on. There is another company (Blitzsafe) that is working on adapters for GM vehicles like ours. Blitzsafe has a much better reputation for quality. The rumor is the adapter should be out around April.

Klaus

Skull & Bones Member since 2003

Dick Renaud
01-13-2004, 02:52 PM
The Aux Pwr 2 fuse that controls the two aux lighter plugs is a 20 amp fuse in the I/P Fuse Block at the end of the dash panel on the drivers side.

TouchdownTN
01-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks Klaus for the email and to Frank also. I have already checked the fuse under the hood and it looks fine. What does the IR mean in the schematic that you emailed me? I tried to get to the fuse panel on the inside drivers side. The panel is very hard to remove. In fact I could only get the bottom of it to loosen. Needless to say I couldn't check any fuses there. Thanks for your help again and just point me in the direction of where I can find all the fuses. I must say the schematic was a little overwhelming at first but I think I'm deciphering it a little. Just don't know what IR means. Thanks alot and I will keep you posted. I am leaning towards taking it to Best Buy or a installer and letting them do it for me I'm just aggravated. Thanks everyone,

Dick Renaud
01-13-2004, 03:06 PM
As posted above:
"The Aux Pwr 2 fuse that controls the two aux lighter plugs is a 20 amp fuse in the I/P Fuse Block at the end of the dash panel on the drivers side."

TouchdownTN
01-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the help Dick! I'll try to get the panel off again after work!

Klaus
01-13-2004, 05:55 PM
More info on the Blitzsafe adapters and their availability:

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?q=Y&s=2826088551&a=tpc&f=6706011751&m=3226005835&r=7256010245#7256010245

The XMFan forum speaks highly of Blitzsafe.

Klaus

Skull & Bones Member since 2003