PDA

View Full Version : Crazy question.... H2 into H2 SUT ?

cnote
09-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Is it possible to chop the top off a 2003 H2, to look like the new SUT?

Has anyone done it, estimeted cost of this?

Thanks

cnote
09-08-2005, 01:28 AM

Thanks

Marcmedic
09-08-2005, 01:32 AM
Probable easier to trade in the SUV and buy an SUT.

KenP
09-08-2005, 01:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cnote:

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If I was going to all that trouble, I'd seriously consider chopping the whole damn thing. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

VTSTOMPER
09-08-2005, 10:04 AM
There is this crazy ass show called Viva la Bam on MTV...they did just that. Only it was hack job with a sawsall and sledge hammer.

4churchill
09-08-2005, 08:22 PM
If you do that, and don't mind chopping you truck, you should make a Slant Back....that would be worth it!!!

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
09-09-2005, 04:42 AM
It can be done but, way to much money involved. You can for sure buy a new 2005 SUT and probably save money unless You can find a custom shop that wants to do it for the challenge. We would not touch it for Your own good and try to talk You out of it. I in no way want to tell anyone how to spend their hard earned money but, also do not enjoy taking hard earned money when I can point someone in a better direction to help them and not take advantage of them. Not that We would not like to do it I just do not like the idea of doing something that I know would just not be financially prudent.
Forget the mag but, looked at a new Range Rover today with Dragon that had just had the chop done to it. I think it was the new factory supercharged model not sure. Somebodies answer to the SUT no doubt that just love Range Rovers but, wanted the truck function on it. It looked very good.

I agree with Churchill if You were to do it I would do the slant conversion. It would be one of the few in the world and extremely unique.
I hope You do not do it but, it is Your hard earned money.

If You are seriuos PM Me and I can at least get You an idea of the cost Friday talking to Our head body man.

TAZ

cnote
09-09-2005, 10:22 AM
hey guys, thanks for all the opinions. Looks like it was a far out there idea.
May just wait and buy the new SUT.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
09-09-2005, 02:20 PM
My partner Dragon out of curiousity is looking into estimated cost with Our body guys.
He did mention something though it still would be costly. He said find a SUT wrecked with front end damage only that was totaled and swap cab section out with it keeping Your front end. But, again very costly.
Just digging into this for the fun of it and something interesting to think about.

TAZ