PDA

View Full Version : Air leaking from beadlock on rims ?

fourfourto
03-14-2006, 10:49 PM
My brothers friend Just bought A 96 H1 turbo diesel and the tires leak from beadlocks in 2 to 4 hours any ideas?

timgco
03-15-2006, 01:56 AM
CTIS issues?

Beastmaster
03-15-2006, 02:24 AM
Liquid soap, water, and a spray bottle. Spray every line and fitting. Whatever blows bubbles is the culprit.

If it's all 4 tires, it might be the solenoid under the hood too.

fourfourto
03-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Posted Mar 14, 11:24 PM
Liquid soap, water, and a spray bottle. Spray every line and fitting. Whatever blows bubbles is the culprit.

If it's all 4 tires, it might be the solenoid under the hood too.

Its acually leaking from the beadlock I beleve its all 4 .Ill have him check the solenoid. If its not the solenoid what could cause it or fix it ? thanks

RonB
03-15-2006, 12:47 PM
what kind of beadlocks are they -- stock two-piece with inner beadlocks or aftermarket? and it only has to be one in the front/one in the back (side to side is plummed (sp?) together).

ron b

fourfourto
03-18-2006, 05:16 PM
It seems to be leaking air from the bolts around the rim on all 4 tires in a hour or 2 there flat air up is fine? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Not sure if it has factory beadlocks I will look into it

fourfourto
03-21-2006, 09:13 PM
My brother brang it to local tire shop they wouldnt touch it.They said go to dealer. It seems all bolts are leaking.
Anyone know what type of bolts/wrench it has and how to get them to stop leaking.The tires look brand new . Thats the way he got it.

Beastmaster
03-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Picture? This way, we can tell you what parts you need.

HUMTECH
03-22-2006, 01:39 AM
If they are new tires on 2 piece wheels the installer likly did not replace the o-ring that seals the 2 wheel halves. These o-rings need to be replaced every time wheels are taken apart and o-ring grooves need to be cleaned of any corrosion and dirt. during assembly proper torque and torque sequence needs to be followed. Easiest solution take them to your local dealer.

Joe
03-22-2006, 11:34 AM
yep, sounds like an o-ring issue and if you have it on all 4 sounds like they where never replaced, or pinched when re-assembled. You should be able to get them from a Hummer dealer or try Lynch for a couple bucks each. Just make sure you know if they are red or black in color since there are 2 different types.

fourfourto
03-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks all for info Ill try to get some pics up.

fourfourto
03-22-2006, 09:29 PM
My brother said the bolts look like a stop sign with the bottom cut off.
Anyone know the tool to remove them and where I could get one?

Beastmaster
03-23-2006, 12:20 AM
You have a 5 sided nut. Called a Penta-Nut, it's original intentions was to have only trained people undo the rim.

It uses a specialty impact socket to remove. You can then take a 1/2" impact wrench to undo them.

Unfortunately, you're stuck with two options...well, mabye 3.

1) Go to the dealer. If you do, they need to replace the nuts with standard 6 sided nuts.

2) Order a Penta-Nut socket from www.bluehummer.com (http://www.bluehummer.com). Order 6 sided nuts to go with it.

3) Find someone in the area that has one. Order 6 sided nuts as well.

I will say that if you undo this on your own - be careful. I've seen accidents with rims when someone doesn't deflate it properly and completely.

Now - you also have to be sure that you don't have a runflat inside. If you have a runflat inside, you also need a runflat compressor, which is a 4" wide crank operated ratchet strap. That's another dangerous item to work on.

Now you know why the tire shop says that they won't work on them.

fourfourto
03-23-2006, 09:05 PM
My brothers going to dealer to pic up the new o rings and having a shop install that has expertise on the H1.Thanks for all your help

I know its not a H1 but its sill a hummer