PDA

View Full Version : T-stat change out?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
12-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Klaus
I'm going to change my t-stat to a 160 degree while we are putting on the catback system since we will be working in a nice warm shop Saturday morning. Does anyone have reasons why I should not go to 160 degree stat. Please let Me know what you think as soon as possible.
Thanks
Rick

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Klaus
I'm going to change my t-stat to a 160 degree while we are putting on the catback system since we will be working in a nice warm shop Saturday morning. Does anyone have reasons why I should not go to 160 degree stat. Please let Me know what you think as soon as possible.
Thanks
Rick

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Klaus
Thanks
Rick

Klaus
12-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Rick,

I've never been a fan of cooler thermostats. However, others like them.

Before you install one, be sure your programmer supports a cooler thermostat. The truck's computer program must be changed so that it "knows" the engine is fully warmed up at a lower temperature, or it will have drivability issues (the computer may not go into "closed-loop" mode).

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
12-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Klaus
I spoke with service guy about t-stat when i was asking him about supercharger messing up warranty and he said it is no problem with H2. I may have gotten good knews on getting a SC. Go to my thread ahead of this one and read what i found out concering my warranty. I'm trying to veryfy but it is in bold black print where you can not miss it. I'm so happy right now I could pee on myself cause of the excitment.
Thanks
Rick