PDA

View Full Version : AC Recirc

Mike
11-12-2002, 05:32 PM
On my trip over the weekend to Hollister Hills, CA from Reno Nevada, I made an observation for those of you who have noticed the recirc mode to turn off automatically.

I did notice the recirc mode turning off over Donner Pass. The temperature outside the vehicle was colder than the inside and when it kicked off, however, when I got down to the Sacremento and the whether was much warmer outside, the recirc mode would stay on.

My observation is, if you are trying to cool the vehicle down lower than what it says on your rear view mirror..it will stay on. But, if it's warmer inside than what your rearview mirror is outside says it will shut off.

The ricirc mode stayed on the entire time as long as I long as I was trying to keep the setting below what the rearview mirror read. As soon as I set the setting to a setting higher than the what the rearview mirror said, it would turn off.

If this is the case, I do see a problem with it, we should be able to activate recirc anytime we want or need it to be on.

Mike
11-12-2002, 05:32 PM
On my trip over the weekend to Hollister Hills, CA from Reno Nevada, I made an observation for those of you who have noticed the recirc mode to turn off automatically.

I did notice the recirc mode turning off over Donner Pass. The temperature outside the vehicle was colder than the inside and when it kicked off, however, when I got down to the Sacremento and the whether was much warmer outside, the recirc mode would stay on.

My observation is, if you are trying to cool the vehicle down lower than what it says on your rear view mirror..it will stay on. But, if it's warmer inside than what your rearview mirror is outside says it will shut off.

The ricirc mode stayed on the entire time as long as I long as I was trying to keep the setting below what the rearview mirror read. As soon as I set the setting to a setting higher than the what the rearview mirror said, it would turn off.

If this is the case, I do see a problem with it, we should be able to activate recirc anytime we want or need it to be on.

Dreadnought
11-28-2002, 11:27 AM
This is undoubtedly a safety measure. Here in Norway we have to be very mindful not to be driving with recirc in cold weather conditions. Steamy windows in heavy traffic is not recommended.

But it would have been better letting the recirc stay on, and instead beep/flash to remind the driver about it.

---
Black H2 w/ black foil grill -
---

Texas Red
11-28-2002, 11:56 AM
Oslo, if what Mike says is true, then you won't be able to keep recirc on while heating. So that shouldn't be a problem for you. Also, to keep windows from fogging be sure the a/c compressor is on. That tends to dry the air (when heating or cooling).

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

JCJ
11-28-2002, 12:02 PM
In the tropics no problems with fogging of (inside) windows in recirc mode. Sometimes, when extreme humid after showers, you get some condensation on the outside of (side) windows, especially when inside of car is very cool. Of course lowering and raising the window(s) clears that problem.
Because in our very hot conditions and when driving behind fumy/smoky/nasty smelling cars I prefer having the recirc on most of the time.
Those enviromental activists would have more than one field day over here!
However, I dislike having to turn the recirc mode on EVERYTIME I start the car, in spite of the already habitual reflexes of pre-ride checks and manouvres:
1. Start car (always smilin'!)
2. Press Home-link button to open gate
3. Press AC recirc button
4. Place cell phone in hands free cradle
5. Put on safety belt
6. Lower arm rest
7. Change radio station or CD of my lady when she had her turn before
8. Drive slowly back wards
9. Press side mirror swing out button
10. Watch out for neighbour's sedan while roling out the drive way

MAC
11-28-2002, 03:49 PM
DEADNOUGHT, Norway! no way! that is cool. Please tell us more? tell us more about your Hummer, colors and equipments. What is it like dring a Hummer in Norway? How many there? people look at you I bet. More info please. Maybe you can post it at the General discussion section so more people will see it.

Imagine what Hummer or any auto maker has to do to make sure their autos will fit all conditions. Aruba vs. Norway, AZ vs. MN, Alaska vs. Hawaii.

TonkaH2
12-05-2002, 09:41 PM
On my '02 Tahoe, the recirc button actually engages the A/C on my Tahoe, and all I want to do is try to warm up the car a little. But when I hit the recirc, it gets colder even though the heat is on full. . . piss me off!

-Jack
Yellow H2 on order
"I think I can make it. D'OH!"