PDA

View Full Version : E&G Rear Tire Carrier Install Help

Starbuck
10-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Hello,

I am a new member at the H2 Source. I love my H2 and have added some small mods myself (mostly chrome accents). This past Friday I decided to pick up an E&G Spare Tire carrier and perfrom the install myself thinking it would only take me an hour or 2. I had a couple of problems most of them resolved except for the rear licence plate electrical. For those who don't know the rear licence plate has to be moved to the lower right bumper since the rear tire will block the stock plate. The instructions call to connect this light by drilling a small hole in the rear bumper and connecting it to a brown/white wire underneath the passenger side with a clip. I can't get this light to work at all!!!! Which means I can't drive at night. I have tested out the bulb and it works fine. The other funny thing that happened is that my original rear licence plate left light does not work (there is a right and left light on the stock. I tested out this bulb and is also fine. Any suggestions before I take this to the dealer? Both the original rear licence plate lights have brown/white wires connected to them, however it appears that the left one is kind of brown/yellowish.

Please help.

Thanks

Starbuck
10-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Hello,

I am a new member at the H2 Source. I love my H2 and have added some small mods myself (mostly chrome accents). This past Friday I decided to pick up an E&G Spare Tire carrier and perfrom the install myself thinking it would only take me an hour or 2. I had a couple of problems most of them resolved except for the rear licence plate electrical. For those who don't know the rear licence plate has to be moved to the lower right bumper since the rear tire will block the stock plate. The instructions call to connect this light by drilling a small hole in the rear bumper and connecting it to a brown/white wire underneath the passenger side with a clip. I can't get this light to work at all!!!! Which means I can't drive at night. I have tested out the bulb and it works fine. The other funny thing that happened is that my original rear licence plate left light does not work (there is a right and left light on the stock. I tested out this bulb and is also fine. Any suggestions before I take this to the dealer? Both the original rear licence plate lights have brown/white wires connected to them, however it appears that the left one is kind of brown/yellowish.

Please help.

Thanks

Starbuck
10-26-2003, 04:14 PM
I took it to a local truck shop and they fixed it. Apparently he hooked it up to the brown only wire. thanks