PDA

View Full Version : Rear door rattles

LasVegas
12-28-2004, 05:48 PM
I've read many posts about rattles, especially in the rear. I developed several and pulled off the inside panel. There are several components for wipers, locks, etc. with linkages that ALL were rattle sources. I took a big square of semi-hard upholstery padding and attached it to the entire center section with contact cement. Be sure it's thick enough to cushion but not restrict. Put the panel back on and now quiet as a church mouse. Just thought it might help for those with rattles in the rear.

LasVegas
I've read many posts about rattles, especially in the rear. I developed several and pulled off the inside panel. There are several components for wipers, locks, etc. with linkages that ALL were rattle sources. I took a big square of semi-hard upholstery padding and attached it to the entire center section with contact cement. Be sure it's thick enough to cushion but not restrict. Put the panel back on and now quiet as a church mouse. Just thought it might help for those with rattles in the rear.

LasVegas

RIC-H0
12-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Make sure it doesn't restrict motion of any of the components, and won't over heat your wiper motor!
But if it works...DO IT!

Ric-H2

mossinc
12-29-2004, 05:27 PM
I had a rattle in the over head console , I fixed this by taking my sunglasses out of it http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Two twelve inch subs and a couple thousand watts of power tends to point out most rattles in the truck http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif