PDA

View Full Version : My right wheel fell off...

Biff
10-30-2003, 03:34 AM
I have a serious problem with my 2003 H2. My right front wheel and inner backing and axle came off. The lower flange broke away from the lower A-arm. This happened while I was driving on a paved road near my house. The A-arm hit the ground and spun the H2 off the road and into a tree. The right wheel's brake backing plate and axle came off all in one piece. Except for this one flange, the remainder of each front wheel is held in place by only ball joints. The upper flange is attached to a ball joint. The lower flange is a major structural component of the front end. There was no impact to any of the parts of the right wheel assenbly or axle even after I was thrown off the road. Obviously the brake line and ABS circuit was severed immediately. I had no brakes and little other control. After the H2 hit the tree, it came to a stop. The bottom of the tree stayed stationary, but the top of the tree broke off and came down (HARD) on the right windshield post, bending the post and shattering the windshield. With no front wheel, the H2 does not have any mobility except for skidding and sliding.

The front-end on a H2 is identical to Chevy and GM trucks. The new Chevy SS has the same front-end.

"Why is this?", I ask rhetorically.

GM says that the wheel broke off due to driver error or in-attention. They will not provide any letter stating anything. The dealer deferred to the GM Zone Manager, because I am a "good customer". I include quotes because that is how the dealership's General Manager introduced my case to the Zone Manager. The Zone Manager inspected the vehicle two days after the incident. It took him a month to call me. The vehicle has been there for two months. During this time I made an appeal to the GM Allegation Department. The Allegation Department called me after about a month they said that they have to concur with the Zone Manager because they don't disagree with Zone Managers. They made no inspection that I know of. They did, however, call the Hummer Technical rep at the dealership and asked him if the wheel came off before or after I went of the road. He said he didn't know.

The vehicle has about 2500 miles on iot and has spent over four of the five months that I have owned it at the dealer. First to go were the transfer gears. Apparently a re-design was being done at GM while the vehicle was down for this problem. GM shipped no parts until the re-design was done and the new parts manufactured. Apparently the shift mechanism was made out of plastic.

The only time I took the H2 off-road was to go to a Hummer rally sponsored by the dealership.

I feel that GM is acting in bad faith.

The dealership offered me a $35k Chrysler Crossfire in trade. I paid cash for the H2, an LL model that I paid $61k (cash) for. They have estimated that are $14k in damages to the vehicle from the tree damage and the right front axle and wheel damage. They presented this as the worst-case-scenario cost. I realize that it is a little high, probably twice the actual cost.

I'd appreciate some feedback. Pictures and videtape are available.

Biff
----
Biff.HATEs.his.Hummer@Biffs.Biz

[This message was edited by Biff on 10-29-03 at 09:51 PM.]

H2 Daddy
10-30-2003, 04:04 AM
I would talk to a lawyer. Sounds like you have a lemon law case.

TJ
10-30-2003, 05:16 AM
Here's the link to an article you may be interested in:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/business/auto/story/5721689p-6694625c.html

You may also want to check with the NHTSA. I believe that they have had reports of a couple of incidents which may be similar to yours:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

DRTYFN
10-30-2003, 06:20 AM
Biff,
Is your zone manager's first name Kelly?

AL MOORE
10-30-2003, 10:34 AM
I am thankful that you are able to share this event. How do you feel?

buddy
10-30-2003, 10:41 AM
This happened in Jax early this year. Do a search for old thread of Jax incident.That Hummer was pulling out of parking lot in Lake City, 60 miles from Jax., and steering knuckle broke at ball joint. They said it was a probable casting flaw.

H2 Bill
10-30-2003, 04:54 PM
TJ, now that's an interesting article....it would be interesting to see some close up pics of the malfunctioned parts.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics

www.4swimwear.com (http://www.4swimwear.com)

buddy
10-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Here's a reply back from Mark Glover with the Sac Bee..

Funny you should bring this up today. Had a chat with a GM official this morning about last year's wild ride. He said the automaker had nothing to report. Nobody locally or with GM has ever called me with an official cause or even what would amount to an educated guess...MARK
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 11:05 AM
To: mglover@sacbee.com
Subject: Hummer

Mark,

Whatever happened to the H2? Did GM ever have an answer as to the cause of the wheel coming off?

A similiar incident in Jax, FL about the same time, was attributed to casting flaw in steering knukle, or that was the dealership's prognosis.

Have you heard of any other "wheel problems" with the H2.

I'm an active member of the H2 Forum and would like to pass on any further updates concerning your exciting ride.

Thanks,

Buddy,

Dan
10-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Time to lay off the sauce! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

- Dan

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 10 months down, 8 to go!
-------------------------------------------------

Klaus
10-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Why don't you send Mark Glover a link to this thread?

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

Biff
10-30-2003, 08:44 PM
The Zone Manager's name is Bruce Allen. At one time he told me he would come and look at the scene. He said he would make a point of it the next time he was in Anchorage. I called him back after he didn't contact me during he monthly trip here. He said he had a lot more important things to worry about.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Biff,
Is your zone manager's first name Kelly?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Biff
----
I.HATE.my Hummer@Biffs.Biz

unaslob
10-31-2003, 10:56 AM
find a lawyer friend... then call the local media outlets... ofcourse let hummer know you are doing this first...they will probably cave....una

DennisAJC
10-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Biff,

Don't quit on these pricks. Be a really big pain in their ass and eventually they'll twitch.

You have to be prepared to play hard ball even to the point of picketting the dealership or parading your H2 on a flatdeck (if they haven't fixed it). These guys will move fast if there is any possibility their business could get hurt.

UNA has a great ideal, but a 1-2 day stint on the paper or 5 minutes on TV is recoverable and forgettable in a week.

Most of us here are H2 diehards and will defend it to it's end. But there are a few exceptions. It's clear GM is not interested in your problems now that they have your money.
Professional Grade My Ass. GM is giving Hummer a bad name.

TJ!

Any updates to your situation? Cripes! you're never around anymore! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

1BADH2
10-31-2003, 04:38 PM
GM is the worst thing that happened to Hummer.

Buckeye Hummer
10-31-2003, 05:22 PM
1badh2,

I disagree. GM has really brought the quality of the H1 up significantly as well as producing the H2 (a difficult task). The H2 is a wild success, needs some work, but a success.

No other company could have pulled this off!

OK, assuming this wheel did just fall off (it could happen), just sue them. If it really happened, sue. You're going to win even if it's GM, although it would never get that far. Just have your attorney write a letter and call it a day. GM will clean up your mess.

DRTYFN
10-31-2003, 09:04 PM
What I'd like to know is why hasn't Uniblack jumped in with any words of wisdom on this subject?

unaslob
11-01-2003, 10:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you have pictures of kids next to the wrecked H2, that will really help <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PhilD GREAT idea... why didnt i think of that... I would nail them to cross..(not the kids... gm that is...)

uniblack's silence is deafening... i did support him in the past...

you push hard enough... you will win... think of all the accessories you will be able to buy with the money you would be spending on fixing the damn thing... una

Biff
11-03-2003, 02:34 AM
All of you are great. I never expected this much feedback. Personally, I'm not a GM fan, for a variety of reasons. Not the least of which is that they are so damn concerned about not spending money. For example, using the same front-end on every truck product they make, including the Hummer. They are the largest auto manufacturing corporation in the world, yet the best they can do as their premeire auto is the Corvette? What a joke.

Biff
-----------------------
GM.does.not.stand.behind.their.HUMMER@Biffs.biz

Grim_Smoker
11-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Bring a lawyer with you, and visit the dealership/Zone Manager like others said. If you don't stick up for yourself now-adays, you're just going to get walked right over. Do what you have to, threaten with a 3 page list of lawsuits. What would have happened if your truck had really lost control and crushed a person/car between you and that tree? Theres got to be a number of loopholes you could exploit to really get to these guys. And unfortunately, looks like you might have to. Kinda pathetic aint it? You drive down the road and your truck falls apart, now your the one responsible for your lemon? No way, no how. And about your dealership offering your a trade in on the crossfire, I would have laughed in their faces. Ask them why they'd offer you a car worth half your truck?

It really is a shame that we have all these ****ers to deal with in life, you deserve what you payed for, not a lemon from GM's factory and a years supply of head-high bull****.

I'll continue to read this post, and I'm really looking forward to how this turns out, Biff. Keep us posted man....Just curious, seeing your email, if they offered you a new H2, would you take it?

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

Biff
11-05-2003, 07:01 AM
Thanks for your comments. And no, I would definately not accept a new Hummer H2. Obviously GM does not stand behind their prooduct. And frankly, it isn't the HUMMER I thought it would be. I have seen comparisons with the lowly Jeep and the the lowly Jeep trounces the HUMEER. I'm all HUMMERed out.

Answer to Grim's question:

"I'll continue to read this post, and I'm really looking forward to how this turns out, Biff. Keep us posted man....Just curious, seeing your email, if they offered you a new H2, would you take it?"

Biff
----

Grim_Smoker
11-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear that it's gotten you to the point you don't even want anything to do with the truck anymore, sure sucks. Sure, the Jeep might be able to keep up with us in some things, but it's a Jeep. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wish ya luck with whatever you pick up next. However I know plenty of people that will never step foot on a jeep dealership again as well.

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

TJ
11-06-2003, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
TJ! Any updates to your situation? Cripes! you're never around anymore!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No new updates yet, but a couple of things in the works http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Sorry about not being around more...I know how much some of the forum members miss me http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Actually, I've just been really busy with work, lots of hospital admissions lately. Watch yourselves everyone, got some real nasty bugs going around...

Biff: I don't know if you're still following this thread, but don't give up! GM is responsible for the products that they manufacture and they do need to be held accountable. Get yourself a good attorney and make sure that your attorney knows that yours has not been the only incidence of an H2 wheel falling off out of the blue like that.

Biff
11-10-2003, 09:47 AM
I AM still following the thread. I went into the dealer and gave him copies of the SacBee article and two NHTSA complaints detailing wheels falling off H2s. I told him about my intentions to create a display near his dealership with my H2 sans wheel and some eloquent poster board. He is forwarding the articles and my intentions to GM. I think that the wheels are turning,... so to speak.

Biff
----

TJ
11-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Let me know if you need any help with the graphic design. I'm in the process of designing some graphics to put on my H2 and would be more than glad to share http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Do you have any pictures of yours? So far out of all of the reports of wheels falling off, the only actual pictures I've seen was from the Sac Bee.

At any rate, keep us all posted on the outcome...I hope that those wheels keep turning and that GM will decide to do the right thing for you here.

uniblack
11-17-2003, 01:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
What I'd like to know is why hasn't Uniblack jumped in with any words of wisdom on this subject?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mostly because I have nothing to do with wheels falling off.

[[uniblack]]

ZeroTolerance
11-17-2003, 01:43 AM
UNIBLACK, you have been BLACK BALLED!!! You have been found out, and we all think it is time for you to go........

Biff
12-21-2003, 06:17 AM
Hello from Biff. GThe dealer has been representing my case to GM. GM still has not accepted resposibility of the wheel falling off. I have demanded written documentation from GM as to why they will not repair this vehicle. GM is highly reluctant to provide this. Once they do, I will take ot to my attorney. At that point we will have a focus point for their refusal. The H2 has been at the dealer's since August 4th +/-. It has been five months! Prior to thaty it was at the dealer's for a month because the tramsfer case went away. GM redesigned that while mine was broke. So, after buying the truck for cash at the end of May, I had use of it for about six weeks out of a total of six months.
Please see photos at http://www.moussier.net/Hummer/index.html

Biff
----

buddy
12-21-2003, 12:41 PM
Biff,

I was thinking the same thing Phil wrote, patience doesn't always work though..at less least not in this case. GM has had more than enough time to resolve your problem. You've been holding the ****ty end of the stick too long, it's time to give that end to GM.

Maybe you need to talk to another attorney and contact the media at this point. I hate to see or hear any negative media coverage concerning the H2, but unfortunately when there's good, bad soon follows.

Good Luck

Big Z
12-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Just think of yourself as a violin--your being played. Get your stuff together, send it to the state atty Gen, claim consumer fraud, go for three times your loss amount.

MAC
12-22-2003, 12:11 AM
Biff, I am late to this conversation. Got any photos to show? I click on your photo link, there is no Hummer, just the arrows on the empty road. Got any photos of before and after, details of broken parts or your Hummer sitting there without the wheel? Thanks.

MAC
12-22-2003, 01:00 AM
thanks. I see them, nasty.
Could have been all solved if the dealer and GM took full responsibility instantly. It will only cost more to drag it on further.

Big Z
12-22-2003, 06:27 PM
Just curious, Did it look anything like this?

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=9356070783

Biff
12-23-2003, 07:58 AM
PhilD

It was bright and shiny for a day or two. The picture was taken about a week later, after rust formed. I have been extraordinarilly patient. I have no idea why. Except that shortly after this wreck, I bought a Hemi 1500. The Hemi is a bit more fun to drive than the Hummer. As far as trucks go.

FYI, The owner of the Hummer and Dodge dealerships has had his license revoked. He ran his first H2 head-on into a Dodge pick-up. The H2 was totalled, the Dodge pick-up drove itself home.

Biff
----

DRTYFN
12-23-2003, 10:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Biff:
PhilD

It was bright and shiny for a day or two. The picture was taken about a week later, after rust formed. I have been extraordinarilly patient. I have no idea why. Except that shortly after this wreck, I bought a Hemi 1500. The Hemi is a bit more fun to drive than the Hummer. As far as trucks go.

FYI, The owner of the Hummer and Dodge dealerships has had his license revoked. He ran his first H2 head-on into a Dodge pick-up. The H2 was totalled, the Dodge pick-up drove itself home.

Biff
----
I.HATE.my Hummer@Biffs.Biz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't be that ****ing stupid, can you?
I bet you believe all of those emails you get telling you that Microsoft/AOL/ect is going to send you a check for keeping the chain going. Inbred moron.

HUMMERDOGG
12-24-2003, 12:09 AM
Biffenator-

Dude... put freaking real steel bumpers on an H2 and I can assure you that it would take out most any vehicle in a car crash and keep on "HUMMING"... Geezgh, what do you expect with plastic bumpers??? They are plastic to save the rest of the people in this world for when we run into them in their non-Hummer vehicles... I hate people who take stupid ass pictures of Hummer car wrecks where the H2 is totalled and start to spout off how poorly made it is or how it only "looks" tough. Give me a break. If it weren't for the plastic bumpers and crumple zones that have been engineered into this vehicle, the DOT would never let it hit the road for fear of killing everyone in the other car if there were a wreck...

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)

Pbuilder
01-17-2004, 04:57 AM
I would call the govenor of calf and ask him what he would do. He probaly ask you Whos your father and where is he. them he would give you a drivers licence.

TroysH2
01-17-2004, 12:54 PM
My right wheel when turning left rubs on the sway bar.(check your sway bar and inside tire for evidence of wear) This subject has been discused already. My point is that maybe there is a correlation between the two. Maybe this causes stress to related parts that fail. Just a thought.

TJ
01-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Come on you guys...give the man a break. The wheel fell off of his new H2, and as we all know, this is not the first incidence of this happening to an H2. So what is it that makes him a "troll", because he came here to this board and posted about the information about this problem? Thank God that it happened on a relatively desolate road and he only ended up hitting and killing a tree. If there had been other people, other cars, passengers, pedestrians or children involved, the consequences could have been much worse. And for those of you who aren't aware, the federal safety regulators at the NHTSA have already opened up a defect investigation concerning cracked wheels on 1999 to 2003 GM trucks and SUVs.

As for him taking so long for this situation to be taken care of...as you some of you older board members will understand, I can tell you from firsthand experience that the wheels of justice turn slowly, very slowly indeed, and even much more slowly when GM's legal department gets involved. This guy obviously had enough money to buy an H2 with cash and has another vehicle to drive, and so in that situation, who cares if his H2 just sits in the driveway, in his garage or on the car dealer's lot until General Motors/Hummer decides that they better get their sh** together and take care of this problem?

Detonate
01-26-2004, 10:40 PM
The guy is obviously pissed about his Hummer, and that's what he is here for, bashing Hummers. Thus a troll.

It's obvious from the way he says that the owners H2 hit a dodge and the Dodge drove away from the wreck. It was another poor attempt to bash the Hummer wrongfully.

------------------------------
North Texas Hummer Team Member
http://www.redreefscuba.com/hummer/ht.jpg (http://www.hummerteam.com/)
2003 Red H2 equipped with Tough Country Heavy Duty Armor Series Front End with Winch, Rear Bumper, Brush Guard, and Roof Rack.

TJ
01-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Yes I agree...he is obviously pissed about his H2. If the wheel fell off of your H2 like that, or like the SacBee guy, or the one in Florida, wouldn't you probably be just at least a little bit "pissed" off too? How would you feel if your wife and kids were in the car when something like that happened? Things like this are just not supposed to happen.

Shall I begin the discussion about the time that my H2's air bag system malfunctioned? Or how about the leaking fuel line? Or the defective shocks, or when the brakes malfunctioned? Enough said...does that make ME a troll because of all of the obvious problems that I have had? I love the H2, I just don't love the H2 that I have.

Believe me Detonate, I didn't wish for these to happen, they just did, and therefore I just have to deal with them. What could I do any differently? Any advice?

TJ
01-26-2004, 11:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
The guy is obviously pissed about his Hummer, and that's what he is here for, bashing Hummers. Thus a troll.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just an another thought.....So, if any of us are 'pissed' about our Hummers, and in the estimation of the 'community', we're here for 'bashing' and therefore not welcome on this Hummer H2 board http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Detonate
01-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Look. I don't give a rats ass what happened to your hummer. Or his.

The fact is, when you come here and purposely make **** up, or embelsh to tarnish the H2 unecessarily you are a troll.

Did anyone have anything but sympathy for this guy until he started in with the Anchorage H2 crash story? No. Why? Because he had a legitimate beef. But now he's just trying to cast the H2 in a bad light by purposely leaving out LARGE parts of a story. Thus making him a troll.

2003 Red H2 equipped with Tough Country Heavy Duty Armor Series Front End with Winch, Rear Bumper, Brush Guard, and Roof Rack.

Detonate
01-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Let's say that after that Hummer had plowed through 6 vehicles and hit that Dodge head on, that it then rolled into a Mailbox.

How fair is it to go around saying that a Hummer was totalled after running into a mailbox?

It's bull****. The guy is obviously turned troll, and some of us are calling bull****.

[This message was edited by Detonate on 01-26-04 at 06:57 PM.]

Biff
02-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Are trolls large or small? I am confused. Norwegian Trolls are small aren't they? Weren't JRR Tolkien's trolls tall? Anyway, I'm 6'4".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
The guy is obviously pissed about his Hummer, and that's what he is here for, bashing Hummers. Thus a troll.

Did anyone have anything but sympathy for this guy until he started in with the Anchorage H2 crash story? No. Why? Because he had a legitimate beef. But now he's just trying to cast the H2 in a bad light by purposely leaving out LARGE parts of a story. Thus making him a troll.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The cop that came to the scene of my H2 wheel (and axle) separation told me the story about the H2 and the Dodge. I related it exactly as it was told to me. Since you are a TEXAN and I am a Troll, it is not surprising that you know more about it than I. I thought the most interesting part of the story was the fact that the Chrysler/Dodge/Hummer dealer lost his license. For life. There is more to that story though. The prosecutor says that said owner has black-outs due to seizures.

To set the record straight, I am not here to bash Hummers. I have received extremely valuable information from the thread of my original post. This has been invaluable. I will likewise advance the supposition that this information is of value to other readers. If not "of value" then maybe as entertainment to Texans.

I am a bit frustrated, though, that my big tough Hummer had two major failures in the first two months that I owned it. This has been reflected in my comments.

I have been very civil with the dealer, and (per his dialog with me) he has been representing me well to GM. GM recently offered to provide the repair parts, including body-work free of charge. BUT, they want me to pay for labor. The biggest problem for them comes from their legal team's desire to keep GM from being "at fault." I have been told that if I would turn it into my insurance company that "GM would have taken care of it." That seems odd. If they'd fix it, I'd be happy to sign a statement that indemnifies them. I'm going down to the dealership today to try to negotiate a trade of this Hummer for a new one.

Speaking of Anchorage, I recently heard that if Alaska was split into two half-sized states, that Texas would be the third-largest state?

Biff the Troll
--------------
I.want.a.new.Hummer@Biffs.Biz

Biff
02-06-2004, 07:48 PM
You can't be that ****ing stupid, can you?
I bet you believe all of those emails you get telling you that Microsoft/AOL/ect is going to send you a check for keeping the chain going. Inbred moron.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly am I being stupid about? Anyway, "et cetera" is abbreviated as "etc." I hate it when people can't spell "etc."

Biff the Troll
--------------
I.want.a.new.Hummer@Biffs.Biz

DRTYFN
02-06-2004, 11:10 PM
The one spelling error I make and you whip out the microscope you use to look at your dick with. You might want to print that mistake out and frame it because it's a rarity. Nit-picking twit.

"FYI, The owner of the Hummer and Dodge dealerships has had his license revoked. He ran his first H2 head-on into a Dodge pick-up. The H2 was totalled, the Dodge pick-up drove itself home."

Remember that? If you had read the original article you'd realize why you sounded like a complete ninny. The H2 hit a total of five(5) other vehicles. And the Dodge did not drive itself home, you retard.
Now whip out your dick microscope and start looking over this post.

BTW, I was wondering why you choose to come in here and pretend that you've got a Hummer?

S&B Member since '03

Biff
02-08-2004, 11:18 AM
BTW, I was wondering why you choose to come in here and pretend that you've got a Hummer?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretend I own a Hummer? I paid cash for my 2003 H2 last May. The wheel fell off, hense this thread.

I normally own higher-end vehicles not General Motors products. My experience with a GM truck based poser has been a drag. What is your point? Are you from Texas?

Biff the Troll
--------------
i.want.a.new.hummer@biffs.biz

DRTYFN
02-08-2004, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Biff:

Pretend I own a Hummer? I paid cash for my 2003 H2 last May. The wheel fell off, hense this thread.

I normally own higher-end vehicles not General Motors products. My experience with a GM truck based poser has been a drag. What is your point? Are you from Texas?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not real bright, are you? Did you know that the word "from" is used to indicate origin? Notice the word "Oregon" next to the word "from"? That means that I reside or live in Oregon. That wasn't so tough, was it?

GM truck based poser? First, it's poseur, not poser. Second, just because you're not smart enough or determined enough to get GM to remedy your situation doesn't make the H2 a poseur. I had lots of problems with my first H2(that I paid cash for-oooh, you not the only one to do that hotshot) but I "convinced GM that they needed to buy mine back and give me a new one. This one has been relatively trouble free.
Might I suggest that instead of being a whiny snivelling little bitch that you research the lemon laws in Alaska, form a plan of attack and take the battle to them.
And why would you own a "high end" vehicle in Alaska? Oh yeah, leave the snotty ass attitude in your closet with your dresses and high heels.

S&B Member since '03

Biff
02-09-2004, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>DRTYFN: "Not real bright, are you? Did you know that the word "from" is used to indicate origin? Notice the word "Oregon" next to the word "from"? That means that I reside or live in Oregon. That wasn't so tough, was it?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No, of course it wasn't tough. It's just that "from" means nothing if you are a poser just like the GM Hummer. I assumed as much since you are so full of venom. Your insults are hilarious. It must be terribly debilitating that you take your unimportant nitwit little life so seriously.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>DRTYFN: "First, it's poseur, not poser."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Ha-ha-ha, this must be a joke! A poseur is poser, not the other way around! Similarly, a jackass is a nitwit not the other way around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>DRTYFN: "Second, just because you're not smart enough or determined enough to get GM to remedy your situation doesn't make the H2 a poseur. I had lots of problems with my first H2 (that I paid cash for-oooh, you not the only one to do that hotshot) but I convinced GM that they needed to buy mine back and give me a new one. Might I suggest that instead of being a whiny snivelling little bitch that you research the lemon laws in Alaska, form a plan of attack and take the battle to them."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I have a plan of attack and I have been executing it since September. As I have mentioned in this thread, I have all the time in the world. I couldn't care less that I am not driving this GM truck. There are plenty of better SUVs, many of which I have owned or I have had the use of. I am stating this to indicate a valid frame-of-reference, not to be a Hotshot. you nitwit. You are probably aware that recent auto and truck magazine reveiws of the Hummer and other SUVs state the same.

Multiple attacks at my intellegence? You were one that couldn't spell an extremely commonly used 3-letter abbreviation after being spotted an "e", a "t", and a "c".

As far as I am concerned, the Hummer I own is merely an asset that I have been dealing with with as little effort as neccessary to continue the attack. The manager of the dealership is a friend of mine. He has been interfacing with GM in my behalf. As detailed in this thread: In September GM's regional manager said he would not honor the warranty repair. An appeal took a month and it merely ended with a verbal rubber stamp of the regional manager's decision. I let a month go by with my manager friend talking to the regional parts manager and the regional service manager. We were looking foward to a November GM meeting in Detroit with some people he felt would have some sway over the regional boys. In December, the regional parts manager and the regional service manager were on board to repair the vehicle. As I did in September, I demanded a letter of decision. My manager friend continued this demand in October, November and December. In Decmber GM promised one. It was re-requested and promised over the course of the next eight weeks. Last week they finally sent a letter that offered to provide parts for the repair, but not labor.

If I am successful in my pursuit of GM --I will be-- the vehicle still has the same value it did when it wrecked. Damages will be tripled. In my experience regarding legal matters, patience benefits the plaintif, much more than it does the defendant. A new Hummer is not what I want out this. I have no desire to own another one of these. I am out for blood. GM's behavior has been appalling. They have actually said "we are a large corporation and we don't care if you sue." Guns are drawn. We are sending them a letter gining them two weeks to perform. We now know they won't do this. So in two weeks a suit will be filed.

Maybe this information helps you understand my actions.

To be clear, I am patient because: (1) I don't give a **** that I am not driving the GM Hummer; (2) GM has been digging themselves a generous hole to fall in; and (3) patience has benefitted me in the past in these kinds of conflicts, and I am sure that it will in this case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>DRTYFN quote, "And why would you own a "high end" vehicle in Alaska? Oh yeah, leave the snotty ass attitude in your closet with your dresses and high heels."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You nitwit! Alaska has some wonderful roads and off-roads. I have driven all over Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada, Montana, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Louisiana, Arkansas, Georgia and Florida. I keep cars in the Lower 48. I grew up at North Lake Tahoe. I have done off-roading in the western states and Mexico. For on-road use one of my favorite road cars for Alaska is the Porsche Carrera 4S, since it is a year-around toy. My favorite road car in the lower 48 is the Dodge Viper GTS, as long as it isn't raining or snowing.

Again, I state much of this to be certain that you understand that my frame-of-reference allows me the humility to state a few of my observations.

I originally started this thread to give information that my girlfriend thought other Hummer people should have. Unexpectedly, it became valuable to me almost immediately.

Your hissing and spitting does little for this forum or this thread. It smells like youthful arrogance and foolishness. It is humorous. However, I think you desparately need to get a life ....etc.

Love,

Your "snotty ass", "dresses and high-heels" "troll" ex-Hummer owner, ex-forum participant, and non-poser,

Biff
--------------------------
hummers.are.crap@Biffs.Biz

[This message was edited by Biff on 02-09-04 at 07:10 AM.]

DRTYFN
02-09-2004, 02:14 PM
The more you spout off the more you sound like the kind of low life that would stage this whole thing to get a settlement. I hope that if that's true that you end up in the pokey on fraud charges with Leroy as your cell mate/special buddy. What kind of smokes do you like? You'll probably need them to buy off the fellas in the joint so they'll give your ass a break every now & then. You can brag to them how you used to drive a Viper when it wasn't raining. And they'll probably tell you that you're driving their spitting viper.

If the wheel really fell off because of a mechanical failure GM would be right there to rectify the situation and make sure that it wasn't going to be a recurring problem on other H2s.

I'm sure you are patient. A sorry loser like you only has time on his hands. Time and hand lotion. BTW how much does your "girlfriend" charge you per hour? You probably get the full fat pig rate. She might even be tacking on some extra since she has to put up with your foul attitude.

After checking with Dictionary.com I stand corrected on the poser/poseur issue. I've always known them to be two seperate words. Now they seem to be commingled. Damn watering down of the English language.

Have fun on the pokey, you malcontent temper-tantrum throwing little bitch.

ps. Having the "hummers.are.crap@Biffs.Biz" & "i.want.a.new.hummer@biffs.biz" really makes you look like a hissy throwing foot-stomping little ****. It destroys any possiblity of credibility that might remain after people read your *******-like posts.
But I'm sure you "couldn't care less". Idiot.

pps. Since you're pointing out mistakes, what's "We are sending them a letter gining them two weeks to perform." mean? Are you cotton ginning them or asking them for a drink? I bet they(GM) knock your dick in the dirt.

S&B Member since '03

[This message was edited by DRTYFN on 02-09-04 at 08:24 AM.]

[This message was edited by DRTYFN on 02-09-04 at 08:27 AM.]

DennisAJC
02-09-2004, 04:35 PM
THE SCORE IS NOW:

DRTYFN = 11

BiffNaked = 0

I have driven all over Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada, Montana, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Louisiana, Arkansas, Georgia and Florida.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we've just found the infamous "Highway Livestock Molester". I hear the reward is quite big.

Looks like Biff has no teeth by the looks of his avatar. His cellmate/lover Tyrone gonna be mighty pleased.

What a loser. Makes up a story to get attention. Gotta feel some pity for the have not.

" S & B Member Since 2003 "

Buckeye Hummer
02-09-2004, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Biff:In my experience regarding legal matters, patience benefits the plaintif, much more than it does the defendant. A new Hummer is not what I want out this. I have no desire to own another one of these. I am out for blood. GM's behavior has been appalling. They have actually said "we are a large corporation and we don't care if you sue." Guns are drawn. We are sending them a letter gining them two weeks to perform. We now know they won't do this. So in two weeks a suit will be filed.
[This message was edited by Biff on 02-09-04 at 07:10 AM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a fool. First, patience breaks down the plaintiff and benefits the defendant. I'm not sure what experience you have but you're dead wrong. Furthermore, don't sue GM. You're going to lose fast and hard much more than you already have. GM has many more important issues to address than your silly obsession with the Hummer. Your email address alone is sufficient to show your level of professionalism. Have fun paying those legal bills dummy.

SJ
02-10-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm pushing this thread back to the top - this guy is full of horse shyyyyyyyyyyyyyt! Your post seemed straight enough until you started bashing GM from here to Detroit.

I've owned plenty of GM products and always walk away with nothing but good things to say.

Look at all these people with toyotas that drop Chevy V8s in them. I feel bad if you had a lemon, but stuff happens to all makes. You've got 100% troll stank on ya; Detonate and DRTYFN have you pegged right.

Biff
02-13-2004, 05:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
You are a fool. First, patience breaks down the plaintiff and benefits the defendant. I'm not sure what experience you have but you're dead wrong. ...Your email address alone is sufficient to show your level of professionalism.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?!?!?!?!? "...patience breaks down the plaintiff..." The plaintiff, in this case, is the one with the patience. Whoever is patient is NOT breaking down. Right?

My e-mail address "shows my level of professionalsim"? Are you serious? This is a forum. Not a professional publication. For instance, look at the "DRTYFN" posts. His clever and humorous posts blasting me for this and that are funny and cute, not professional or unprofessional. You totally miss the point. Besides, all of my e-mail addresses are legitimate e-mail addresses.

Biff the Troll
--------------
i.want.a.new.Aston.Martin@biffs.biz

[This message was edited by Biff on 02-13-04 at 12:26 AM.]

DRTYFN
02-13-2004, 06:25 AM

What?!?!?!?!? "...patience breaks down the plaintiff..." The plaintiff, in this case, is the one with the patience. I venture that whoever has the patience is the one that is not breaking down.

My e-mail address "shows my level of professionalsim"? You are serious? This is a forum. Not a professional publication. Look at the "DRTYFN" posts. His clever and humorous posts blasting me for this and that are funny and cute, not professional or unprofessional. You totally miss the point.

Biff the Troll
--------------
i.want.a.new.Aston.Martin@biffs.biz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point being the one on your head, Dunce.
Threatening and temper-tantrum throwing will get you nowhere fast.
But you're Mr. Smartypants and you know what you're doing. I love that you posted that your intentions are to get triple damages from Gm here on this site. Any idea how many GM reps read this forum? Stupid dickhead.

S&B Member since '03

Biff
02-13-2004, 07:07 AM
DRTYFN, are you serious? I am throwing temper tantrums? Ha! Your spitting, sputtering and continuous use of staggeringly colorful language is totally unmatched by my calm dissertations.

"Stupid Dickhead"? DRTYFN, are you kidding? I don't care if anyone knows what I am saying. If I did care I surely wouldn't post it on a forum full of Hummer bigots like yourself.

DRTYFN, you are very funny, but your comments have little to do with the subject of this thread. Instead you make up ridiculous accusations that I am "like a hissy throwing foot-stomping little ****"; that I make "*******-like posts"; that I should "leave the snotty ass attitude in your closet with [my] dresses and high heels"; that I am "not real bright"; and that I "pretend that [I've] got a Hummer", for example. Very funny, but not much of a contribution to this forum except as humor.

My favorite was, "You can't be that ****ing stupid, can you? I bet you believe all of those emails you get telling you that Microsoft/AOL/ect is going to send you a check for keeping the chain going. Inbred moron."

I know of three published cases of Hummer front wheels falling off. I am one of the three. It is likely that there are more that haven't become public knowledge. I have seen similar failures on GM trucks. GM trucks have the same front end. GM has failed to repair this defective Hummer. Those are the points that I've tried to make in this thread. I'm angry at GM. You bet.

My perceptions after owning a Hummer include: The Hummer is widely perceived to be a joke on the purchasing public. Ownership remains widely aspired to. I have seen published reports that the Jeep Wrangler beats the Hummer H2 in every important off-road cartegory except mass and load carrying capability. Of course, very few people will use a Hummer off road, so why should we care? -- that was a rhetorical question, Doctor Tiffen -- I guess it is a status symbol and little else. Well it sure is a road going monolith. Very low tech, crude, heavy, big and stupid. Just like me, I guess, eh Doctor?

Do you realize that the warranty says that driving over curbs is misuse?

Biff the Troll
--------------
i.want.a.new.DRTYFN@biffs.biz

[This message was edited by Biff on 02-13-04 at 01:21 AM.]

DennisAJC
02-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Biff's avatar looks like he's running away from a yellow H2 after getting his teeth kicked out. Is that you Biff? aren't you embarrassed even putting that avatar up? What kind of attention are you looking for? There's alot of fag sites out there you can go to. Why come here?

Biff is likely suffering from depression since he lives in Alaska. They don't get that much sunlight over there. The majority of the livestock live in the ocean so that's another problem for him.

" S & B Member Since 2003 "