PDA

View Full Version : warm air through vents

garey
09-14-2005, 10:11 PM
i did my homework and checked for threads but haven't seen this one yet...
is there a mod to reduce the amount of "engine heat air" that's coming through the dashboard vents on my 05 h2?
i know it's about 5-10 degrees hotter than the outside air coming through those vents when the ac is turned off and the digital thermostat on both sides is set to low (60).

garey
09-14-2005, 10:11 PM
i did my homework and checked for threads but haven't seen this one yet...
is there a mod to reduce the amount of "engine heat air" that's coming through the dashboard vents on my 05 h2?
i know it's about 5-10 degrees hotter than the outside air coming through those vents when the ac is turned off and the digital thermostat on both sides is set to low (60).

DRTYFN
09-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Just hit the recirculated air button and it will stop the flow of outside air from coming into the cabin when the fan is off. Other than that, there's not much you can do since the air intake is so near the hot engine compartment.

PARAGON
09-15-2005, 12:50 AM
If you are not wanting to run the air conditioning, why not just turn the HVAC off. Running the fan is only going to suck in air the same temperature or above what's outside.

I am a little lost as to what you are trying to accomplish here.

KenP
09-15-2005, 01:49 AM
Here you go:

Garey, like me, smokes. He wants to run the fan so the smoke doesn't linger. You can aim the vent out the window and draw some of the smoke out.

How's that, Garey?

Oh, just run the A/C and then turn it off when your done with the cig... or whatever it is your burning.

garey
09-15-2005, 12:14 PM
exactly, ken.
aftermarket snorkel system from grill to heater/ac intake?
if i could just roll down the back window where the smoke gets trapped in that area...

DRTYFN
09-15-2005, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by garey:
exactly, ken.
aftermarket snorkel system from grill to heater/ac intake?
if i could just roll down the back window where the smoke gets trapped in that area... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about you quit smoking? Putting that cigarette to your lips is very suggestive anyway.

garey
09-15-2005, 05:08 PM
i would but my boyfriend likes to watch me smoke.

4churchill
09-15-2005, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by garey:
i would but my boyfriend likes to watch me smoke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Homo alert!!!!!</span>

DRTYFN
09-16-2005, 12:49 AM
i would but my boyfriend likes to watch me smoke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LEVEL 3 HOMOGHEY ALERT!!!!

I knew it!!! It's Story the Hutt!!