PDA

View Full Version : Finding 12V to Courtesy lamps

Jimages
12-31-2004, 03:41 PM
I want to add lights under the dash which is connected so they turn off/on with the courtesy/dome lights. Does anyone know where to tap into the 12V line for the courtesy lamps? It appears the lamps are controlled through the door modules so the 12V doesn't come through the wiring harness. The dimmer and override switch in the dash seem to control a relay or electronics in another location. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jimages
I want to add lights under the dash which is connected so they turn off/on with the courtesy/dome lights. Does anyone know where to tap into the 12V line for the courtesy lamps? It appears the lamps are controlled through the door modules so the 12V doesn't come through the wiring harness. The dimmer and override switch in the dash seem to control a relay or electronics in another location. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jimages

Thanks

Hummie2
12-31-2004, 05:05 PM
Here is the schematic for the circuit. Hope it helps. Didn't print very clear, but you can pick up the circuit in the under dash I/P relay box (by your left foot) connector C10 (12way natural color) terminals # C or B. Rt click the picture an "save as" then blow it up, you might see it clearer.

Hummie2
12-31-2004, 05:25 PM
I/P relay block

Hummie2
12-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Connector C10 pin outs,circuit #690, gray/blk wire color

Jimages
01-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Hummie2 - Thanks for taking the time and finding this information. It's greatly appreciated and I owe you one!!

Happy New Year

Jim

LasVegas
01-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Good idea. What lights are you going to use?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-02-2005, 06:56 PM
I saved all images to My Pictures and they come out a little clearer. Jimages be sure and let us know what kind of under dash lights You use.
Rick

Jimages
01-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Actually, I haven't gotten to what lights I'm going to use. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I do photography and keep some stuff on the passengers side floor when I'm out and about and don't have enough light to find things. I wanted to make sure I could get it wired before I went out and bought the lights.

I also decided to go get the wiring diagrams so I wouldn't have to pester you folks too much. I found the '05 Hummer is on the GM CD's that the Corvette Dr. sells (found on a Google search) http://www.corvettedoctor.com/esi2005_VER19_infomation.htm

Thanks for your help and I'll keep you updated on what lights I go with.