PDA

View Full Version : Klaus I need your help!

FiremanJay
10-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Klaus my touch screen stopped working this morning. Is there a way to reset it or am i doomed. I may need to call JP Customs and see if they will replace it. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jay

FiremanJay
10-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Klaus my touch screen stopped working this morning. Is there a way to reset it or am i doomed. I may need to call JP Customs and see if they will replace it. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jay

Klaus
10-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Jay,

Is the unit completely dead? Have you checked your fuses?

You might try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes to see what happens.

Hummertech
10-27-2005, 02:25 PM
If your radio is powering up but you have no sound, it's probably an amp issue.

FiremanJay
10-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Sory for the confusion. everything works fine but the touch screen. all the steering wheel controls, all the external controls for the head unit. the sound etc. just no touch screen when i try to access anything from the screen nothing.
Jay

Ed G.
10-27-2005, 07:06 PM
As Klaus said, power it down, then power it back up. We have touch screen control panels at work, sometimes they get a temporary glich. You might try touching the screen and then sliding your finger a little. This trick works for me.

Klaus
10-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Jay,

I seem to recall you have a PAC video adapter installed. If so, I suspect the problem is with that adapter.

FiremanJay
10-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Klaus i do and will check that out tomorrow and let you know
Thanks

Klaus
10-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Jay,

What did you find out?

FiremanJay
10-31-2005, 09:41 AM
It's the weirdest thingi got inthe rig on sunday to tear apart the dash to look at the pac-audio video adapter and i wiped down the touch screnn with a cotton terrycloth towel and the whole thing worked just fine. no issuses or anything.i dont know what happened but it works fine now. go figure. so i left it alone and checked all day while driving and it seems to be fine. i will check it today.
Thanks for your help
Jay