PDA

View Full Version : PJ Dirt Grips vrs Super Swamper

HGW
05-27-2004, 04:45 PM
My H1 owner/friend wants to know if anyone had the PJ Dirt Grips---38 x 15.5 x 16.5----the ride, the perfromance off road, the wear, etc. He wants them but needs feedback first--He is consdiering the Super Swamper too but thinks the JS's will wear better on the street? He is 80% on pavement and 20% off road.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

HGW
My H1 owner/friend wants to know if anyone had the PJ Dirt Grips---38 x 15.5 x 16.5----the ride, the perfromance off road, the wear, etc. He wants them but needs feedback first--He is consdiering the Super Swamper too but thinks the JS's will wear better on the street? He is 80% on pavement and 20% off road.

HGW

Joe
05-28-2004, 09:42 AM
I have the 38 PJ's on my truck. They are an awesome tire and well behaved on the street. Pretty sure if you search here there have been several conversations about this topic. off-road they are simply great! Seem to handle all conditions well, rock, mud, sand, etc. Can't say on wear but I think everyone would say they will wear quicker than MTR's and GSA's, of course this is probably expected.

One point of caution. If your friends truck is under warranty there is the possibility of the warranty being denied for suspension and drive train components. I've heard from several folks who have gotten flagged because of oversized tires.

My solution is to have a second set of rims. I run GSA's when driving for long periods on the street and use the PJ's on the trail. Best of both worlds. The good news is 16.5" factory rims seem to be cheap.

Visually the truck looks so much better sporting 38 PJ's then stock GSA's. Huge difference.

HGW
05-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the reply-----your real life experience matches what my tire guy says---way better(and more money) than the Superswampers.

Anyone else, please give me feedback.

bSIG
12-06-2004, 09:16 PM
I have the Swampers SSR 37's, they are pretty much tame, grippy and quite to say the least.