PDA

View Full Version : Air horn help needed

frank6150
03-13-2004, 01:07 AM
I was installing my Real Wheels air horn a little while ago and ran into this slight problem that I need some help with.

On the directions it says to hook the red 12 guage wire on the ignition activated terminal in the fuse panel. I'm stumped on this one. It is probably something very simple but I just can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated!

frank6150
I was installing my Real Wheels air horn a little while ago and ran into this slight problem that I need some help with.

On the directions it says to hook the red 12 guage wire on the ignition activated terminal in the fuse panel. I'm stumped on this one. It is probably something very simple but I just can't figure it out.

frank6150

Navigator
03-13-2004, 02:31 AM
After looking at trying to get it thru the firewall I hooked mine directly to the batery.
I also asked a couple other guys and they did it the same way.

frank6150
03-13-2004, 02:45 AM
So you went straight off the battery then just ran the black wire to the green wire for the horn? I can manage that.

Navigator
03-13-2004, 05:04 AM
Yea the only thing that could happen is if you sprung a air leak you could possibly run your battery dead. I dont think it's very likely. I also diddnt want the toggle switch for switching between the OEM horns nad the air so I just unplugged the OEM's.

Info on adapters for battery (http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=1226092475&r=3256048975#3256048975)

SOCRATES
03-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Frank,

I just ran it to the fuse panel and chose an "ignition activated" device. In my case I chose the sunroof. So, I just took the wire and ran it into and under this fuse.

My question is, does everyone else's compressor run on a regular basis? Mine cycles on and off at least several times per day, regardless if the H2 is running or parked in the garage. Frankly, it is a tad annoying, especially when going down the road and the firewall starts vibrating. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Justyn

frank6150
03-13-2004, 03:34 PM
I don't know what the hell I am doing wrong but I can't get this damn thing to work.

I tried hooking it up straight off the battery with the red wire and hooked the black wire to the green horn wire and still nothing. Once again I am stumped...

Navigator
03-13-2004, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SOCRATES:

My question is, does everyone else's compressor run on a regular basis? Mine cycles on and off at least several times per day, regardless if the H2 is running or parked in the garage. Frankly, it is a tad annoying, especially when going down the road and the firewall starts vibrating. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Justyn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine only runs after I have blown it about 3-4 times, I have never heard it run on its own. You better get a spray bottle with some soapy water and find the leak.

frank6150
03-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Problem solved!

Turns out the 2 wires at the bottom of the compressor were not crimped tightly enough from the factory and weren't giving a good enough connection I guess. I took the whole thing out and tightened everything up and checked all my connections again and it started right up.

That horn is loud! Only downside being the compressor shakes the entire damn truck and is very loud when filling up. I love it.

Circuitguy
03-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Post some pics of the install! Please!! BIG-C

frank6150
03-13-2004, 10:59 PM
I have a few pictures of the install. I will post them when I get home from work, probably like 2 1/2 or 3 hours.

frank6150
03-14-2004, 02:13 AM
The pics turned out like ass since it was dark out when I took them so I will get better ones tomorrow and post them.

Circuitguy
03-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Please no pics of ass, just the air horns please! BIG-C