PDA

View Full Version : NEWS....The HUMMER Club, Inc...Two members resign from the board of directors

Gary
12-01-2002, 01:50 PM
Disclousure:

I am not trying to stir the pot here. But I feel obligated as a member of the club and to this forum to share with you the e-mails and info I have gotten this weekend. Sorry, but don't kill the messenger. This thread is going to be huge.

1. Loss of privacy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
2. Conflict of interest. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
3. Election processes. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
4. Bylaws not available to members. (Until now) /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
5. Financials not available to members. (Unitl now) /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
6. Future of the club with GM/AMG. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
7. Violation of GM license agreement with the HUMMER Club, Inc. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
8. Who knows what else... The only way I was able to get this info was because I was signed up to receive e-mails from the club. I joined the club after finding Chuck Koppelson's website.

Okay here goes:

I'm am very surprised that no one has mentioned the breaking news of the two resignations that happened just a few days ago from the HUMMER Club, Inc.'s board of directors. I have received over 50+ e-mails on it. I will post both the HUMMER Club, Inc. website for information and the resingees website for you to bone up on. This is going to be very interesting how this all shakes out for us members in the HUMMER Club, Inc. I'm very sad to see this has happened. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

<A HREF="http://www.amghummer.com/HCI/HCIMenu.htm" TARGET=_blank>

The Hummer Club, Inc. Disclosure List Disclaimer: Everything in these documents written by Chuck Kopelson is the opinion of Chuck Kopelson</A>

The HUMMER Club, Inc. Welcoming H1 & H2's The Only Factory Recognized National Club (http://www.thehummerclubinc.com/)

Respectfully yours,

Gary
Finlayson, MN

Gary
12-01-2002, 01:50 PM
Disclousure:

I am not trying to stir the pot here. But I feel obligated as a member of the club and to this forum to share with you the e-mails and info I have gotten this weekend. Sorry, but don't kill the messenger. This thread is going to be huge.

1. Loss of privacy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
2. Conflict of interest. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
3. Election processes. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
4. Bylaws not available to members. (Until now) /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
5. Financials not available to members. (Unitl now) /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
6. Future of the club with GM/AMG. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
7. Violation of GM license agreement with the HUMMER Club, Inc. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
8. Who knows what else... The only way I was able to get this info was because I was signed up to receive e-mails from the club. I joined the club after finding Chuck Koppelson's website.

Okay here goes:

I'm am very surprised that no one has mentioned the breaking news of the two resignations that happened just a few days ago from the HUMMER Club, Inc.'s board of directors. I have received over 50+ e-mails on it. I will post both the HUMMER Club, Inc. website for information and the resingees website for you to bone up on. This is going to be very interesting how this all shakes out for us members in the HUMMER Club, Inc. I'm very sad to see this has happened. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

<A HREF="http://www.amghummer.com/HCI/HCIMenu.htm" TARGET=_blank>

The Hummer Club, Inc. Disclosure List Disclaimer: Everything in these documents written by Chuck Kopelson is the opinion of Chuck Kopelson</A>

The HUMMER Club, Inc. Welcoming H1 & H2's The Only Factory Recognized National Club (http://www.thehummerclubinc.com/)

Respectfully yours,

Gary
Finlayson, MN

Steve R
12-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Gary,

I too have been closely following some of the current events transpiring "over there" on the HCML...and your right...they're comparing the whole thing to Enron...it's both ugly, depressing, and a bit embarrassing!

I choose to ignore it. While I am a member of The Hummer Club and am 'active'...it's hard to consider 2-3 events per year, a newsletter and a pin part of a club. I think the problem is that it's a national thing.

It's great that today our technology allows us to be closely linked, but what good does it do me to know what events are transpiring on the East Coast? While it's "cool" to be part of a National Club....it's rather useless in application.

This website out-performs 1000-times the informational aspects of the Hummer Club, and being that we'd like to actually go offroading....it seems only practical to be involved in smaller regional groups so that we can actually participate in.

We ask ourselves; what would we want from being in a Hummer Club....to have outtings, meet friends with Hummers and enjoy our rigs. How could that be practical on a National level? I'm not aware of any local chapters or regional areas. Accordingly, my interest in the Hummer Club is much along the lines of what they truly have to offer us: not much.

I hope this doesn't come off as my being sour, I'm just being open with my observations. Look at their website and check out the schedule of events....what good is it? This list does to that club what CD's do for 8-tracks. Just my 2 cents.

Gary
12-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Steve,

I agree with you... I sent an e-mail a week earlier to Steve Chan regarding a chapter for Minnesota. I also asked about HUMMER Club shirts, hats, etc if they had any for sale.

He returned my e-mail and said they are clearancing out old stock since they are doing up a new logo to incorporate the newest members to the club, the H2 owners.

He also said they will explore what need to take place for other chapters in the states.

Currently, the closest is the Wiscoonsin HUMMER owners group, and www.AMGHUMMER.com (http://www.AMGHUMMER.com) in Illinois. The later is Chuck Koppelson's. Both are at least 6-8 hours drive.

I think with AMG & GM wanting to produce 41,000 H2s we need local chapters for all HUMMER owners. The HUMMER Club, Inc. has a few thousand members now. Most of their outings seem to happen out in California.

There is still the rest of us out east that need to organize local outings and events. Not everyone can afford the luxury of heading out west. We would be giving up either a huge amount of time and/or the expense of transporting your H2 or H1 via truck, train, or plane to be apart of a club event out west for a few days. This is where local chapters would come into play.

The closest we had lately was held by Lynch HUMMER in Missouri, and that was a 11 hour drive from Minnesota. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Respectfully yours,

Gary
Finlayson, MN

Allen
12-01-2002, 06:53 PM
Steve - I agree, we need a local chapter in Southern California. Who cares if it not :endorsed" by Hummer, the point is to go out with other guys/gals that own hummers and 4x4.

I would like to help organize something in Southern California if you want. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Steve R
12-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Allen That's a plan! Let's do it! Let me talk with a guy who is very involved with the Hummer Club, I think there may aleady be a small group or posse of Hummer enthusiast that we could either connect up with or at least learn from.

Let's work this from the "So. Cal Club" thread that I started.

Jason
12-02-2002, 12:32 AM
I would be happy to assist in the forming of a club and would be more than happy to devote another section of this website to the Club?

Please let me know if there is interest out there and if you would be willing to help, let me know:

jrosoff@sprynet.com

All you H2 guys (and gals) rock! It would be my honor to be your club leader!

Gary
12-02-2002, 12:40 AM
Count me in for Minnesota.

Gary
Finlayson, MN

Texas Red
12-02-2002, 12:44 AM
I think local or regional clubs is where the need lies. I see no advantage to a national club. Some regional clubs are being sponsored by local dealers. The real need is local organized group outings for wheelin'. I ain't got time to drive 5-6 hours on the highway for a little organized off roadin".

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

HUMMERDOGG
12-02-2002, 01:21 AM
RED-

5 to 6 hours is local to us Texans... Up north, you could go through 2 or 3 states in that amount of time...

-DOGG

Texas Red
12-02-2002, 01:23 AM
Hehe! Good point, Dogg. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

MAC
12-02-2002, 03:33 AM
Jason, you have a Hummer Club already, you are already the President.

This forum is a club, this is a club house. Everyone is chatting away and sharing pictures. The club is always busy, every morning, afternoon and evening.

In fact, it is better than a Club room, here I can hear everyone's comments, I can just listen, watch the girls and/or I can join in the conversation by choice. I can leave the Club room any time, without going out to the front, tip the vallet, drive 20 minutes to home. I can easily pop back into the Club House, then leave to watch a movie, play a game.

You need a nice and catchy Club Name. How about The Hummer Club? Is that taken? You need to come up with a good name, before anything.

Jason
12-02-2002, 01:40 PM
I owe it to all of you to create a club for the people by the people (or something like that)!

Anyway, h2club.org is on the way!