PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Row Seat

BlackH2Lux
01-17-2003, 09:31 PM
I just got my 2003 Black Hummer today! I was wondering, how many of you yanked out the seat next to the spare tire out and consider it useless?

2003 Black H2 Lux

BlackH2Lux
01-17-2003, 09:31 PM
I just got my 2003 Black Hummer today! I was wondering, how many of you yanked out the seat next to the spare tire out and consider it useless?

2003 Black H2 Lux

Texas Red
01-17-2003, 10:46 PM
I traded the dealer mine for the rubber mat and Lo-Jack installation. I saw the seat as worthless.

CJ
01-20-2003, 03:03 AM
5 thousand miles later and I have used it once. If I put the seat in the garage I will not be able to fit the H2http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rpv
01-20-2003, 11:35 AM
I have 2 (3 and 6 y/o) kids and they take turns sitting in the back and I fold up one-half of the 60-40 split middle seats. They love sitting in the 3rd row seat...If you don't have young kids, then you didn't need the xtra seat...

dealers are more than willing to buy back the seat for exchange or credit bec. there are others out there that need one...

RPV

MAC
01-20-2003, 03:14 PM
I just love the sight of that 3rd row seat, my Hummer looks completed. I bought 3rd row seat from Marinron on this forum, it has been in the Hummer since that day. At first, all the boys must tried it, but actually only used once in full load. I think it is great for us, excellent value and critical potential usage no matter how rare the occasions may be. I am a very proud family man with teenagers and their friends and their gears. Excellent quality and easy 1-2-3 snap-on installation.

MAC
04-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Just an update on my 3rd row factory single leather seat, I bought it from a forum member here in Jan 03, and I still love it. But....
It has been 4 months, with the exception of the first few days when boys all tried it out once or twice, not one single person has sit in it for almost 4 months. The fact is it is mostly useless and hasn't been in the Hummer for a month or more, I have yet to find an excuse to lug the heavy seat back into the Hummer.

Tiger Bait
04-30-2003, 02:05 PM
My seat came with the truck when I got it and was one of the reasons I chose the one I did. My 6 year old spent the first few weeks back there, but has since abandonded it for the second row. Like you I pulled it out yesterday. I don't know if it will go back in.

Adam in CO
04-30-2003, 07:20 PM
I've used it a few times, but it mostly lives in my basement storage room. I have it in now because I'm too lazy to get it out. I do have a BIG lock box that barely slides in right next to it (cables, straps, oil, coolant, water, FAK, fuel, come along, jack, lug wrench, etc.). I have ZERO cargo room, though.

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com

MAC
05-05-2003, 02:14 PM
In the classified section here, someone offered to buy the 3rd row seat for $500, I was tempted, but my boss lady veto the thought of selling it. On a few occasions, we almost had the need to drive and pick up 4-5 12 years old to/from the paint ball field or theme park, in the end other parents did the chore with their big SUVs. Finally the boys are old enough for us to drop them off at the theme parks/fields and pick up at the end of the day, no more waiting for hours with them in the park. We will keep the 3rd row seat just in case one of these weekends it is needed. Summer is coming, these boys are constantly coming up with new plans, the parents are just standing by to serve them at their pleasure and for their convenience. They are debating who get to go to the next gun show in those 5 open seats.

Zyx5432
05-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Where was that classified ad?