PDA

View Full Version : Rear tailgate handle replacement

vip808
11-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Has anyone have any info on replacing the stock tailgate handle? Do I have to disassemble the entire license plate assembly to get to handle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vip808
11-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Has anyone have any info on replacing the stock tailgate handle? Do I have to disassemble the entire license plate assembly to get to handle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vip808
11-23-2005, 02:23 AM
does anyone have an illustration of the rear hatch door, passanger or driver door?

HummBob
11-23-2005, 02:39 AM
I had mine replaced with a chrome handle at the dealer. They told me they had to take off the interior tailgate panel to do it.

Hope this helps http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

vip808
11-23-2005, 04:01 AM
HummBob,
Thanks..I pulled the panel off but it looks like there's a plastic panel behind the handle assembly...looks like I need to pull the front panel from the outside but I'm not too sure if that's correct.
How much did it cost to have your dealer do it?

rodster
11-23-2005, 04:28 AM
vip808 -- If you don't get an answer sooner, I'll be home early next week and will look in the tech manual then. I'd do it now but I'm currently in 808. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HummBob
11-23-2005, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vip808:
HummBob,
Thanks..I pulled the panel off but it looks like there's a plastic panel behind the handle assembly...looks like I need to pull the front panel from the outside but I'm not too sure if that's correct.
How much did it cost to have your dealer do it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

vip808, I couldn't tell you as I had the dealer put alot of stuff on my truck that day. I'm not too mechanically inclined. Just call your dealer and ask them what their hourly rate is and find out how long it would take for them to do it.

vip808
11-28-2005, 06:04 AM
thanks guys with a little help from my wife i was finally able to install my new handle.