PDA

View Full Version : ABS and Traction lights on

OldHiker
02-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Just got my '04 on Thursday. It is left outside. I have not driven it hard at all. Saturday the ABS & Traction lights came on while I was driving. Later that day they turned off. Sunday off most of the day until we were driving home and they came back on. This morning they were still on. I know the ABS is not working. Anybody know of this problem?

OldHiker
02-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Just got my '04 on Thursday. It is left outside. I have not driven it hard at all. Saturday the ABS & Traction lights came on while I was driving. Later that day they turned off. Sunday off most of the day until we were driving home and they came back on. This morning they were still on. I know the ABS is not working. Anybody know of this problem?

DRTYFN
02-10-2004, 12:03 AM
The sensors are probably dirty or really wet. This is a common occurence when you go wheeling through mud or snow. Well, not so much wheeling as doing cookies.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
You can either try to rinse the backsides of your wheels with a hose or just take it to the dealer and have a tech explain to you exactly where they are located.

S&B Member since '03

OldHiker
02-10-2004, 12:50 AM
Seems kind of bizzare. Streets have been relatively dry. Don't understand how it could go on and off randomly and stay on for over 36 hours if it was just wet.

Thanks for the clues. I'll see if anything jumps out at me tomorrow.

DRTYFN
02-10-2004, 01:30 AM
Oh, sorry. I should have asked what you'd been doing up to the lights going on.
definitely go to the dealer.

S&B Member since '03

Rbohno
02-10-2004, 02:16 AM
I had the same problem after going through some standing water on the street.The lights came then went out and then back on again. Dealer put di-electric grease in front sensors and said one of the rear sensors had shorted out.
Rich

OldHiker
02-12-2004, 09:34 PM
It's a week old and at the dealer having the abs module replaced. Seems one of the sensors got wet and shorted out the system. I thought this could go thru anything?????

Zing
02-13-2004, 12:51 AM
I had the problem once but after driving in deep snow. Stayed on for a day then went off.

I also had the indicator for the back hatch open for a day, also when there was heavy snow. Also went away.

KenP
02-13-2004, 01:54 AM
oldhiker

It can. Not all vehicles come off the line in perfect condition. Now take it out and get dirty....

Black Lingenfelter Lux

OldHiker
02-13-2004, 01:56 AM
I'm token. Oh sorry, you meant "take" not "toke.

Nevermind.

KenP
02-13-2004, 02:03 AM
Hah, fixed it just as fast. Only we will get that one. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Black Lingenfelter Lux

OldHiker
02-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Whoa, thought my eyes blurred out.