PDA

View Full Version : Sun screen

JCJ
12-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Any suggestions for brand/size wind shield suncreen? And I don't mean SPF numbers. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Of course the vertical position of the Hummers windows has some positive effect on the inside's temperature, when left parked in the sun compared to other (regular /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) cars.
But I'm also concerned about degrading effects of the sun on the dash here in the tropics.
And I don't need a dash carpet (nor fuzzy dices).

JCJ
12-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Any suggestions for brand/size wind shield suncreen? And I don't mean SPF numbers. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Of course the vertical position of the Hummers windows has some positive effect on the inside's temperature, when left parked in the sun compared to other (regular /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) cars.
But I'm also concerned about degrading effects of the sun on the dash here in the tropics.
And I don't need a dash carpet (nor fuzzy dices).

NSXTC
12-11-2002, 03:32 PM
Get yourself a standard sized shade (~$7). Measure about 14-15" vertical and trim off the rest. The H2's winshield is very short and even the shortest of the sun shades are too long. Simply measure and cut.

====================
http://www.h2sut.com
====================

DIANE
12-17-2002, 10:51 PM
I found a company that makes custom fit sunscreens for cars. It is called a heatshield and it is made by the company that my husband purchased his airplane cover from. Co name is "Canvas Works/Bruce's Custom Covers". Located in Sunnyvale,CA. Telephone #800-777-6405. Price $29.95 plus s&h. I will order one after the holidays (it will not get here till Jan. anyway). According to manuf., it will last 5 years.