PDA

View Full Version : H2 Rocks!

Steve R
11-30-2002, 06:51 AM
Dearest Humm-budz,

I just spent some time in the San Bernardino mountains this Thanksgiving holiday. The long 17 mile trek up into the mountains took me from 1,500 feet to over 5,000 feet....the H2 accomplished the ascent with no problems at all. While other vehicles struggled and chugged their way up...the H2 rolled right past them with no problem.

Offroad the H2 proved even more spectacular, we went right through green and blue trails with no hesitation. The black (more difficult) trails only called for hesitation and observation prior to laying the smack-down on the accelerator and conquering what lay ahead.

Compared to "other" SUV's, the H2 made short work of just about anything in her way. With our clearnance, steep approach/departure angle, and infinitely superior 4x4 system...the H2 just digs, grinds and churns it's way through obstacles that would otherwise stop even the best of other vehicles!

NOTE: When taking newbies out, it is advised they bring several pair of underwear. I LOVE THIS THING!

Steve R
11-30-2002, 06:51 AM
Dearest Humm-budz,

I just spent some time in the San Bernardino mountains this Thanksgiving holiday. The long 17 mile trek up into the mountains took me from 1,500 feet to over 5,000 feet....the H2 accomplished the ascent with no problems at all. While other vehicles struggled and chugged their way up...the H2 rolled right past them with no problem.

Offroad the H2 proved even more spectacular, we went right through green and blue trails with no hesitation. The black (more difficult) trails only called for hesitation and observation prior to laying the smack-down on the accelerator and conquering what lay ahead.

Compared to "other" SUV's, the H2 made short work of just about anything in her way. With our clearnance, steep approach/departure angle, and infinitely superior 4x4 system...the H2 just digs, grinds and churns it's way through obstacles that would otherwise stop even the best of other vehicles!

NOTE: When taking newbies out, it is advised they bring several pair of underwear. I LOVE THIS THING!

Steve R
11-30-2002, 06:53 AM
which way to go?

Steve R
11-30-2002, 06:59 AM
This rut could swallow a jeep!

Steve R
11-30-2002, 07:01 AM
letting little brother drive the rig...we never forget out first speed-bump (and I told him to raise the back-end...did he listen???)

Steve R
11-30-2002, 07:02 AM
looked vertical from inside the cab...wish we had a front camera!

Steve R
11-30-2002, 07:12 AM
My name is Steve Reisman...I talk the talk AND walk the walk when it comes to playin' with the Hummer. They say 80-some percent of these H2's will never leave the pavement,I'm not part of that crowd.

When you get right down to it, there are basically two kinds of people in the world; those who own a Hummer, and those who don't. Choose a color and join the adventure!

And btw....your darn right I ordered the code red!

HeeHaw
11-30-2002, 03:19 PM
That sure looks like fun. Loved the pictures. Where is this place at? Can you give me directions? I am close enough try this.

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Steve R
11-30-2002, 04:45 PM
I'd love to get back out there and do it again...I spent 4 hours offroading and only touched on about 15% of the trails out there.

How about it gang...let's put together an adventure and get some H2 convoy action happening!

The San Bernardino Mountains are in Southern California. The most popular mountain communities up there are Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear. This is a very ideal site for anyone living in/near the Los Angeles area and even as far south as San Diego. It takes exactly 2 hours to get there from either direction.

Terrain is excellent; I came out of the whole ordeal with zero-damage & zero-scratches. I strongly feel this is an excellent area for people to get to know their vehicles and learn some good techniques. Most the trails are green & blue tagged...which is beginner/intermediate.

Who wants to go?

11-30-2002, 08:04 PM
sweet hummer h2 /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

HummerGirl
11-30-2002, 08:52 PM
uh oh Steve...you have started somethin' now...

MORE PICS MORE PICS....

I have some coming in the mail from our Hummer Club Happenin' in Florida.

I am soooooo envious of the awesome open trails that you guys have. Here in the east the trails are very heavily wooded, moist, and soft. And they are also 5 hours away from me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Dreamin' I could be there to ride with you shotgun!

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

h2fan
11-30-2002, 09:34 PM
hey me too /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Steve R
11-30-2002, 11:06 PM
Hummergirl said "Heavily wooded, moist and soft"...hehe, hehehe.

Let me see what other pics I can spin-up from that adventure. Your right about the terrain...we've got it great out here: forest, meadows, desert, dunes...you name it and we can find/conquer it!

I'd LOVE to have any of you guys/gals riding shotgun with me on these trails. My brothers had never been offroading before...and they could NOT believe what we were doing (and I wasn't even trying to impress them! honest!). The Hummer makes even a novice look good.

The thing I hate about taking pictures is....you never really want to stop and take the time to shot the pics BUT AFTERWARDS you always wish you took more pics! My brother took some video too...there one of my speeding along through the forest ala baja-style...we'll get that video up onto his webpage and I'll source ya all that link!

My brothers words during our trip: wow, WOW, OH WOW, can we do this?, I can't believe we just did that!, NO WAY we're gonna do THAT!....HOW DID WE DO THAT, damn this thing kicks butt!, that's insane!, oh &%$# that's insane!, I can't believe we went up that, I can't believe we went down that! (and in closing) This can be addictive!!!

Steve R
11-30-2002, 11:21 PM
This one I use for my backround screen on the computer

Steve R
11-30-2002, 11:22 PM
another pic

Steve R
11-30-2002, 11:23 PM
cruisin' through the forest...make sure you get back before dark.....otherwise you may get Blair-withced!

Steve R
12-01-2002, 03:02 AM
a silly incline....very slippery dirt, but the H2 just went right up it!

h2fan
12-01-2002, 10:12 AM
very nice not many places like that in new york

Zing
12-01-2002, 02:54 PM
Those are great pictures, thanks for posting those. Sweet rig. I'm liking the red H2s the more I see them.

You're right H2Fan, nothing like that near us in NY. The closest place I know of for offroading but haven't been to yet is the so called Pine Barrons in southern NJ. Probably a good 2-3 hours from you on LI, but I hear it is quite good. Easy to get lost though, so be careful.

Andy C
05-03-2005, 10:36 PM
This is going to be too easy.

Any takers.

Andy C
05-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Ah ok - sorry - didnt realise this one had already been given such a low ranking - a 1 - you sad little creature.

Hopefully you will have better luck on the Barbie forums.

ROX
05-04-2005, 01:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FCUKURSORRYH2:
STEVE, YOU MENTIONED YOU TALK,EAT,SLEEP, AND **** H2 BUT LOOKING AT YOUR PIX, MAYBE YOU NEED TO DO SOME WALKING U INFLATED CREATURE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Nice screen name. Can't you spell? Go back to gradeschool.

ROX
05-04-2005, 01:28 AM
By the Way, Steve! I'm likin the name of this thread! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

h2sin
05-04-2005, 03:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FCUKURSORRYH2:
STEVE, YOU MENTIONED YOU TALK,EAT,SLEEP, AND **** H2 BUT LOOKING AT YOUR PIX, MAYBE YOU NEED TO DO SOME WALKING U INFLATED CREATURE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.geocities.com/ko_neko69/negative17.html.jpg

KenP
05-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Damn, another case of someone that should have been a stain on their momma's sheets.

Harley
05-04-2005, 08:32 AM
It always amazes me how these little rat bastards leave their droppings and dissapear without any attempt to stand up to defend themselves...

sheesh...

K

devilsfan
05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
That trip was 2 1/2 years ago...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which would make IMADUMBFCUK what....6 yrs old back then?

Stacy

FCUKURSORRYH2
05-06-2005, 06:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devilsfan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stacy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

STACY, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.

tower
05-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Okay, I think I'm really dense on this. I'm not getting what happened between 2002 and 2005. Are you all saying that Steve R is really is the re-posting FCUKURSORRYH2 in drag? Seth or Andy or anyone, please explain. Thanks.

DennisAJC
05-06-2005, 07:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devilsfan:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

STACY, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be very careful Stacey. Some 30lb midget is going to come to your front door and gnaw your toenails. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Listen boy, be careful who you threaten. There are people here that can actually find you. I don't think you want THAT kind of attention.

ROX
05-06-2005, 11:05 AM
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

STACY, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think URADMFCUK.