PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP removing visor

H2CominThru
02-02-2004, 10:52 PM
I just purchased a visor with a monitor in it and i am having trouble removing my passenger visor..i see a slot that seems to be where a screwdriver ould go...but i dont want to break anythin by pushing or prying to hard...has anyone done this or know the proper technique...any info would be great..thanks

H2CominThru
02-02-2004, 10:52 PM
I just purchased a visor with a monitor in it and i am having trouble removing my passenger visor..i see a slot that seems to be where a screwdriver ould go...but i dont want to break anythin by pushing or prying to hard...has anyone done this or know the proper technique...any info would be great..thanks

cinci
02-03-2004, 02:47 PM
H2,

I did a search on the sight and came up with this link http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=8536076325 I hope it helps

Thanks,
David
Black H2

Spike
02-03-2004, 03:03 PM
H2CominThru,
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I had to lower my headliner to wire up my roof rack light bar about a month ago. That meant disconnecting the visor on the driver side. I stuck a very small bladed screw driver up in that slot and probed around gently however I don't know if that step was necessary as I don't know if anything even disengaged. After a few minutes of that I just unhooked the one side of the visor and pushed up gently on the elbow moving the mounting base approx 1/4 inch up while rotating the visor toward the door. At that point the visor and the headliner came undone from the metal frame above the windshield and lowered down. After I stuck my hands up inside the headliner and made my connections I simply pushed the headliner and visor back up to the frame and rotated the visor back toward the windshield and it all locked back in place. I hope this helps you.

S&B Member

H2CominThru
02-04-2004, 04:05 PM
thanks spike for the info..i appreciate you taking the time..i'm gonna attempt to do this tomarrow..hopefully it all goes good...thanks again

H2CominThru
02-04-2004, 06:21 PM
i tried removing it and it seemed like it loosened up and wants to come out but it still held on pretty good...and i was afraid of breaking something..i pushed it up and turned towards the door and once it loosened a little bit i tried to pull it down but it didnt budge