PDA

View Full Version : Air Suspension - lower?

HHummer
05-19-2004, 04:22 PM
After adding the Gobi Stealth rack, I found the rear actually an taller than the raised front of the rack. it appears that "at rest" the rear of the H2 sets an inch higher than the front. As a result, the rack is VERY close to the garage door opening at the rear. To make matters worse, the air suspension will often activate when starting the truck to leave the garage. Putting my weight on the rear drops it siginificantally. I beleive that a prior thread stated that the pump will not activate with the door open, but is there any way to force the air to lower. I doubt it, but thought I would ask.

HHummer
After adding the Gobi Stealth rack, I found the rear actually an taller than the raised front of the rack. it appears that "at rest" the rear of the H2 sets an inch higher than the front. As a result, the rack is VERY close to the garage door opening at the rear. To make matters worse, the air suspension will often activate when starting the truck to leave the garage. Putting my weight on the rear drops it siginificantally. I beleive that a prior thread stated that the pump will not activate with the door open, but is there any way to force the air to lower. I doubt it, but thought I would ask.

HHummer

timgco
05-21-2004, 12:26 AM
My compressor kicks in when I start up the truck. But it does not raise the truck. Are you sure it is lifting? I have about an inch of clearance with the stealth rack. If your truck is lifting when you start it, take it to the dealer, it shouldn't be as far as I know.

KenP
05-21-2004, 02:02 AM
HH, timgco is right. The rear should only elevate when the front is higher than the rear. If your garage is normal, slightly sloped back to front, and you back in there is no problem. I had a standard door before and never had a problem.

Make sure you wrap the emergency release cord from you opener out of the way if it is too long. My was adjusted to just tap the rear and when it touched the front I would stop. It allowed me to lower the door at that point.

Closest pic I have.

HHummer
05-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the photo. You have considerably more clearance than I have, and the door appears to be a standard opening. Think I will have the compressor/height checked.

kacyk
06-03-2004, 04:21 AM
HHummer,

Just wondering if you got this resolved. I left a post regarding a "rear squat" issue I had. The dealership ran their codes and replaced the suspension "brain" unit and also the air suspension in the rear. KK