PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body extension

Q8TH2
08-14-2005, 10:42 AM
The local accessories shop tried installing a throttle body extension on my '04 H2, while testing it, and after a nice kick-down, the engine practially died on me, "Reduced Engine Power" started flashing ! Then there was no response from the accelerator, and the H2 sounded like a f---in '68 Beetle. Im back to the stock and curious to know if anyone has previous experience with this.

Q8TH2
08-14-2005, 10:42 AM
The local accessories shop tried installing a throttle body extension on my '04 H2, while testing it, and after a nice kick-down, the engine practially died on me, "Reduced Engine Power" started flashing ! Then there was no response from the accelerator, and the H2 sounded like a f---in '68 Beetle. Im back to the stock and curious to know if anyone has previous experience with this.

redbulljunkie67
08-14-2005, 01:13 PM
I never tried it but reading alot of post I gather its just a hundred dollar paper weight.

KenP
08-15-2005, 03:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Q8TH2:
The local accessories shop tried installing a throttle body extension on my '04 H2, while testing it, and after a nice kick-down, the engine practially died on me, "Reduced Engine Power" started flashing ! Then there was no response from the accelerator, and the H2 sounded like a f---in '68 Beetle. Im back to the stock and curious to know if anyone has previous experience with this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Haven't read that before so I'd check all the lines and make sure things are hooked up properly. It's a very easy install, so do it your self and then you'll know for sure.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
08-16-2005, 03:49 AM
Ken is right and they are not paper weights as I run one that won GM Design Award as well as SEMA awards and they do not hand them out unless they do what is claimed.

Your problem is something left disconnected I would think. I'm running mine with suercharger which does not help when in boost but, when in casual driving or cruising down interstate not in boost You get benefit of better fuel/air mix and getting more bang for the gallon of gas. Not much and probably would never save enough to get money back. I do know before supercharger I added it and felt a change in low end but, it was also installed with cold air intake.
TAZ