PDA

View Full Version : GM insider

MAC
11-11-2002, 09:38 PM
Recina,
In your posts you said you work for GM, you mentioned GM Buy & drive, you drive H2 as company car for 3 months then give to wife. etc.. Just curious, how does that work? GM bought H2, you drive it for 3 months, then you can buy it from GM at discount as used company car? sounds good.
Since you are inside GM, can you tell us any Hummer news or tibits or backgrounds about Hummer and H2/SUT/H3/H4/H5 programs?

MAC
11-11-2002, 09:38 PM
Recina,
In your posts you said you work for GM, you mentioned GM Buy & drive, you drive H2 as company car for 3 months then give to wife. etc.. Just curious, how does that work? GM bought H2, you drive it for 3 months, then you can buy it from GM at discount as used company car? sounds good.
Since you are inside GM, can you tell us any Hummer news or tibits or backgrounds about Hummer and H2/SUT/H3/H4/H5 programs?

racina
11-11-2002, 10:51 PM
Drive and Buy.... When you are at a certain level within GM you get a new company car every three months. You can order your own personal car and drive that as a company car for the 3 months and then take delivery at a nice discount. The more miles you put on it the better the deal. Over 7500 miles is the top discount and it's called PEP 4. Once purchased you must keep it for atleast one year. I do get the invoice with the vehicle and there is a nice markup between dealer invoice and MSRP. It makes my hair stand up when I hear about all these dealers trying to charge above MSRP.
As far as what's new... I will pass along news to the group later this week when I can get into the office and confirm . Hope this helps.

JQ
11-12-2002, 11:42 PM
YES---Please Give us the Updates...Thanks.

3HORN

HummerH2
11-23-2002, 07:27 PM
give us updates

racina
11-25-2002, 10:02 AM
I have tried to interject information into the discussions without completely showing my hand. I really do have to watch what I say. Without giving you the exact date of SOP (start of production) on the SUT, I can tell you it is about a year and a half away. I think most have picked-up on this through the conversations over the last week so I haven't directly mentioned it. I will keep you posted as I'm able.

Dan
11-25-2002, 10:28 AM
That jives with the email I got from HUMMER Marketing. SUT production is set to start ~April 2004 with deliveries in July 2004.

- Dan

MAC
11-25-2002, 03:09 PM
Racina(Deep Throat), You said in another place at this forum that H3 will not happen, which is good news to my ears. Is that an educated guess?