PDA

View Full Version : Wires thru the running lights

Centerfire
12-27-2003, 09:45 PM
I know that many of you have run wires thru your running lights.. Did you run them underneath the light or drill a hole thru the lens. I was thinking to do the later. I believe that drilling in to the lens and then applying silicone would give a better seal.

Feed back is appreciated. I am still two weeks away from all my darn LED's bing shipped to me from 911EP.

Mike

Centerfire
12-27-2003, 09:45 PM
I know that many of you have run wires thru your running lights.. Did you run them underneath the light or drill a hole thru the lens. I was thinking to do the later. I believe that drilling in to the lens and then applying silicone would give a better seal.

Feed back is appreciated. I am still two weeks away from all my darn LED's bing shipped to me from 911EP.

Mike

Spike
12-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Centerfire,
I just wired up a roof rack light bar. I ran the wire harness out under the base of the driverside roof light. If you look you will see a cut-out on the rear of the base of the driver side roof light. You don't need to drill a hole in the lense or run the wire under the lense. Take the lense off and run your wire through the access hole inside the light base and then route your wire towards the rear of the base through the cut-out. You will need to silicone the opening you make through the gasket seal over the access hole after you run your wires. I was lucky the wire harness that comes with the roof light bar comes with a new access hole gromett/gasket built right into it to replace the one that it already in there.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Roof Rack Light Bar, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step

Centerfire
12-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Neat.. I wonder if all the lights on top have the same spot.. Because I have to wire 4 Piaa 520's( which I believe will be set up with only one switch) and 2 @ 39" 911Ep LED's each having 5 wires in a cable, which will need to be wired to 3 -5 switches.. It will be interesting.. All in all I will need to hook up apprx 8 switches not including the siren.. I am waiting for all the stuff to show up because I want to take it apart only one time.. Cause I really do not like working on cars.

I may end up doing what I did to my Sub. I attached a pelican case on the roof rack . Put in most of my electronics ( strobe packs) in the case and only had to run hot and ground wire to switch. Hell I don't know =. I may just bribe one of the guys at the Sheriffs garage. If I can find one that is concerned with cosmetics as well as function.

Mike

Spike
12-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Here is a copy of the roof rack light bar installation instructions diagraming the roof light base and the rear cut-out in the base. Pay particular attention to figure 29. The large thick black wire is the route I recommend you take to run your wires.

Spike
12-27-2003, 10:48 PM
I think only the 2 outer roof lights are set up like this. The 3 lights in the middle do not appear to have bases that you can run wires from.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Roof Rack Light Bar, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step

Centerfire
12-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Thanks.. Glad to see pix finally worked.. ALso two are better than one. On another thread "Electronic Wishlist" They may have come up with a solution to my wiring rats nest that is usually associated with the number of electronics on the roof.

Mike