PDA

View Full Version : Factory Air intake hose

Albie
09-24-2003, 01:25 PM
How do I take off the Factory air intake hose. I loosen the clamp and started tugging on it. Could not get the thing off. I am talking about the hose after the mass air sensor, like the red hose in this photo.... Thanks.

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?s=2826088551&a=ga&ul=5896037973

Albie
09-24-2003, 01:25 PM
How do I take off the Factory air intake hose. I loosen the clamp and started tugging on it. Could not get the thing off. I am talking about the hose after the mass air sensor, like the red hose in this photo.... Thanks.

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?s=2826088551&a=ga&ul=5896037973

Grim_Smoker
09-24-2003, 03:29 PM
C'mon Albie, put some muscle into it! I can't exactly remember cause I'm not looking at it, but just tug. May take a little convincing

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

MisterEd
09-24-2003, 04:36 PM
My dealer said some were put on with an adhesive so I cut mine off since I had a replacement......no amount of tugging would have ever gotten it loose........

Ed

Albie
09-24-2003, 05:26 PM
damn, I was tugging on it hard. Maybe I could heat it up. I just want to get my tornado on......LOL

LasVegas
09-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Albie.... I didn't have that much of a problem. I assume you're talking about the connection at the air sensor/filter box? Might try twisting it to break it loose. It does take a bit of effort though. If you haven't read my earlier post about installing it you need to put it all the way down in the solid plastic part after the accordian area of the hose. Let me know if I can help further.

WHITE BEAST
09-24-2003, 08:41 PM
Hey Albie,

That's my truck in your pic!!

Just pull hard brother!!

2003 White Lux, Alpine Nav, DVD/Tuner, 3 Screens, Cold Air with Vented Snorkels, Metal Dash & Mats, SMA Chrome Accessories, Corsa Exhaust, Headers, Nology Plugs & Wires.

Albie
09-25-2003, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WHITE BEAST:
Hey Albie,

That's my truck in your pic!!

Just pull hard brother!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I tried!!!!!... LOL I know its your White I went around the forum looking for it. Its one of my Favs.

Albie
09-25-2003, 05:46 PM
ok lastnight I tugged and tugged, and could not get the sucker off. I guess the hose is connected to that black rubber part over the fan. Will take it to the dealer to have them remove it.

Buckeye Hummer
09-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Albie, what's the deal? Trying to not break a nail? How come your not coming to White Mountain? I know you don't work on Sundays.

Jason

Albie
09-25-2003, 07:48 PM
who told who told, well my brother's wife is letting him hang out with me on Sunday. We had planned to go to white mountain, but he wanted to do some downhill bike riding in big bear mountain. I would show you guys pics of me all inside in my engin, but lost my cam in Vegas.
going to try one last time before I take it in. Hey Jason maybe I will drive it by your shop and have u pull........

Albie
09-26-2003, 01:11 AM
ok with enough peer pushing, I took off my dress and got dirty. Finally got the mass air sensor off but wrong part. Tugged for another 30 mins and waaaalllaaa got it off. Installed the thing which didn;t really fit. Just stuffed it in there and lets let it ride. will have some testing done in the morning.