PDA

View Full Version : So how many times do you have to flash your lights back at night...

SONA
12-06-2002, 10:33 AM
My wife doesn't even like to drive at night anymore because so many people flash thier lights at her. The H2 lights are bright, but I think it has more to do with the height of the lense from the ground then with the actual brightness. The dealer was driving his demo home the other week and an approaching car flashed his lights, the dealer ignored him, the car flashed again, the dealer flashed back, the on coming car flashed again, so the dealer put his brights and turned on the light bar on top with all the off road lights on, the on coming car passed did a U-turn and turned on his blue lights... it was a cop. He said, "son, don't turn those off road lights on again or I'll give you a ticket". LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"Let me show you my gun collection"

SONA
12-06-2002, 10:33 AM
My wife doesn't even like to drive at night anymore because so many people flash thier lights at her. The H2 lights are bright, but I think it has more to do with the height of the lense from the ground then with the actual brightness. The dealer was driving his demo home the other week and an approaching car flashed his lights, the dealer ignored him, the car flashed again, the dealer flashed back, the on coming car flashed again, so the dealer put his brights and turned on the light bar on top with all the off road lights on, the on coming car passed did a U-turn and turned on his blue lights... it was a cop. He said, "son, don't turn those off road lights on again or I'll give you a ticket". LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Klaus
12-06-2002, 10:49 AM
There is another thread where folks were discussing the need to adjust their headlights. I needed to adjust mine as well. As the adjustment is set from the factory, the high beams were shining up into the trees!

A 5/32" allen wrench is all you need. Tighten to lower the beam.

Klaus

"God made man big, and God made man small - But Col. Colt made them all equal."

OUSUCKS
12-06-2002, 12:38 PM
You'll find the adjustment right next to each headlight...and allen wrench does the trick. When I first got mine, I was getting flashed constantly. I would get behind people and blind them through their mirrors...I even got flipped off when I was behind some guy. I adjusted the headlights and have had no problems(nor fingers) since.

H2Jim
12-06-2002, 01:01 PM
I had to turn the allen wrench 4 full turns to get the lights right. Now I get no flashes from other drivers or rude looks from people in front of me at stop lights!

JCJ
12-06-2002, 01:19 PM
So here I am putting washers between the top bolts of the lenses to lower the angle, while could have done same with 4 simple turns w/ an Allen wrench. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Well, in any case, now the angle can be turned down even more. But then I'll defenitely need night vision or a camera mounted in the front hitch receiver. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

SJ
12-06-2002, 02:12 PM
I have never had a single instance, when driving the H2, where an oncoming car flashed its highbeams at me. It truly does sound like a small adjustment to the beam height is in order.

m998
12-06-2002, 02:35 PM
People flash me, I flash the back and we both go on our way with a smile ...... OH ... you mean lights.
Same answer, but without the smile. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SONA
12-06-2002, 04:14 PM
we have to get together on the other flashing thingy.... LOL.

NSXTC
12-06-2002, 04:19 PM
Is this what people have been finding is 4 turns will do the trick? If I can solicit the experiences of folks here on the list, I would rather not do the beam aiming technique if all I need to do is tighten 4 turns.

Thanks.

==================
03 Metallic Red H2
02 Ducati 998R

Texas Red
12-06-2002, 05:16 PM
Park it in the driveway about 10 feet from the door. Mark the top edge of the light pattern and turn to drop it a couple of inches. You don't need to get too scientific about this. It' easy enough to drive it that way and tweek it again if necessary.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

DRTYFN
12-06-2002, 08:08 PM
Anyone know how to adjust the horizontal(left/right) on the headlights? My beams are slightly overlapping.

racina
12-06-2002, 08:54 PM
Hey Red, you posted the exact information approximately a month ago and it worked for me. Haven't had a "Flash" or a "Flip off" since.

NSXTC
12-07-2002, 03:48 AM
4 Turns in. Does the job w/o having to measure. The light barely hits the bottom of the rear view mirror of the car in front of me when I'm behing them.

Thanks for the info Jim.

==================
03 Metallic Red H2
02 Ducati 998R