PDA

View Full Version : Installing Switch for Offroad Lights - Question

Zing
05-08-2004, 03:40 PM
For those who used the spot right below the windshield wiper switch, after you remove the dashboard panel, then undo the screws, how do you get that piece out? Something is holding it together I can't figure out.

Also, there seems to be hardware right where the switch would go. I remember someone saying (I think it was Phil D) that they had to take about the windshield wiper switch. Any details or insight would be appreciated.

Zing
For those who used the spot right below the windshield wiper switch, after you remove the dashboard panel, then undo the screws, how do you get that piece out? Something is holding it together I can't figure out.

Also, there seems to be hardware right where the switch would go. I remember someone saying (I think it was Phil D) that they had to take about the windshield wiper switch. Any details or insight would be appreciated.

Zing

Spike
05-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Zing,
I just wired up my roof rack off road lights in December and I installed my switch in the blank under the rear wiper. Is this what you are talking about doing?

Spike
05-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Zing,
If that is in fact what you are trying to do meet me on our camping PM and give me your phone number and I'll walk you throught it. It's a little complicated but not impossible. You just have to take your time when you are pulling the wiper housing apart because the contents, knob and stuff will fall out if you don't hold it all together while seperating the 2 shells. Also before you drill the hole I have a tip to make sure it is centered. If you do it after the dash cover is off it will be centered on the blank but not in the dash opening. Leave me your number with a good time to call you.