PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse AVN2454 Steering Wheel Control

HummBob
11-05-2004, 08:11 PM
I just purchased the Eclipse AVN2454 for my Black '04 H2. Does anyone know of an interface that will allow me to use the steering wheel controls(obviously basic functions, but that's cool).
Also, does anyone know of a double din faceplate cover to cover the unit, so my stereo guy doesn't have to MAKE?? one.

HUMMBOB

HummBob
I just purchased the Eclipse AVN2454 for my Black '04 H2. Does anyone know of an interface that will allow me to use the steering wheel controls(obviously basic functions, but that's cool).
Also, does anyone know of a double din faceplate cover to cover the unit, so my stereo guy doesn't have to MAKE?? one.

HUMMBOB

HummBob

HUMMBOB

4churchill
11-06-2004, 05:44 PM
yes they do make a steering wheel control module, i was just looking at it yesterday. as for face plate i dont know...how do you liike the unit? by monday i have to decide if i want that or the pioneer avic n1....any pro's con's? thanks

markw
11-06-2004, 09:32 PM
I used a PAC SWI-X with my Eclipse navi headunit. You do have to program the SWI-X and require a remote controller that operates with your headunit to do this. The SWI-X uses an infrared transmitter which needs to be placed with a clear "view" of the headunit. I placed the transmitter in my center light dome. I had to extend the cable to do this (used a telephone cable).

Mark.

HummBob
11-07-2004, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the replies!

4CHURCHILL, Where and What was this module called?
And as for "how do you like the unit?"
I just installed it, haven't really had much time to PLAY, but I did alot of research(online), and this is definately THE UNIT to get(my HUMBLE opinion)!
BTW, I found on a Toyota Car Forum the cover for it:
http://djhtown.freeservers.com/eclipsecover.JPG

You can order it for $30(small price for PIECE OF MIND):
http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/index.jsp
Just put in Part # X33746052 in the SEARCH!

HummBob

markw
11-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Here's a photo of the SWI-X infrared transmitter:

markw
11-07-2004, 10:49 AM
Here's one of my AVN8804HD mounted:

HummBob
11-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey markw!

Thanks for the pics. I went to my local car audio shop, and they have evertything I need.
They're going to put in some awesome Boston Acoustic speakers/Amps and a 7 inch LCD in the passenger sun visor. He asked if I want headrest LCD's, but I have no kids so I told him what's the point!! He said so the DUDE behind me in traffic can WATCH http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
I got a sweet deal on headrest LCD's, SO IN THEY GO!

kacyk
11-10-2004, 05:57 AM
I was thinking about an Eclipse also. I assume the Bose speakers will have to be replaced or can the the Eclipse use those speakers?

HummBob
11-10-2004, 07:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kacyk:
I was thinking about an Eclipse also. I assume the Bose speakers will have to be replaced or can the the Eclipse use those speakers? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'm replacing the Bose speakers, because I didn't want a large sub placed anywhere in the back(I need the cargo space)but I wanted some DEEP BASS.
My car-audio shop is putting in Boston Acoustics all around with a nice kickin' Boston Acoustic amp to power it all. I'm also putting in a visor LCD(for the wife) and Vizualogic headrest monitors in the back.
When my nephew visits, he'll get a kick out of the headrest monitors and the Vizualogic headrest monitors have 2 inputs, so I'm going to have my X-BOX put in the back for my nephew to play. He'll probably never want to go back to Calgary!!

I'm getting my alarm/car starter put in on the 22nd, then the rest of the audio/video on the 29th-30th. I'll try to remember to post some pics. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

markw
11-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi kacyk,

I used a Peripheral GMAH24B and GMAHCM to interface my Eclipse headunit to the factory Bose amp and speakers. I first tried a Soundgate DigistarB interface but it turned out that it wasn't compatible with my '04. See this thread for details: http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=439104568. It looks like you have a '03 so you should be able to use SoundGate DigistarB, or Peripheral GMAH24B (GMAHCM is not required for a '03), or a PAC unit.

The advantage of using the factory amp (rather than powering the speakers directly from the new headunit) is that OnStar and Chimes are retained, the headunit will run cooler and installation is simplified.

Mark.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-10-2004, 04:34 PM
I believe JL has a woofer that will fit on driver side in the little hold area for tool kit. I saw it and You can get it to match interior color. Check it out it may work for You and if You do let us know what You think of it. It basicly is not a space robber. I think it was 400 watt.

HummBob
11-11-2004, 06:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
I believe JL has a woofer that will fit on driver side in the little hold area for tool kit. I saw it and You can get it to match interior color. Check it out it may work for You and if You do let us know what You think of it. It basicly is not a space robber. I think it was 400 watt. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SWEET RLTAZH2, THX!

I'll talk to my a/v dude an Friday and run it past him.

TBarrow
11-12-2004, 02:56 AM
This is the sub it is a JL Audio 12W6 and it takes 500 Watts.

UltimateHummer
11-12-2004, 11:04 AM
How does thst JL sub sound? I love the concept. Running two 10" Alpines subs now and considering this for space but dont want to loose any bass. MAybe two? One on each side?