PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed buyout price for h2...

12-02-2002, 07:33 PM
Just for historys sake...

I put a deposit down on a H2 SUT about 2 months ago and have been looking forward ot the arrival on my new SUT, only to find out that they have pushed the date back to mid 2004. They offered me my deposit back, but I told them I would wait.

Got a phone call today, and they where trying to get me into a H2 SUV. Offered me a guaranteed buy back price when the SUT comes out. The offer was for $35k... I didn't think it was a very good offer, but I found it interesting that they were starting to "push" the H2 some now. I guess that might mean sales are starting to slow down...

Just someting that happened that I thought was interesting...

12-02-2002, 07:33 PM
Just for historys sake...

I put a deposit down on a H2 SUT about 2 months ago and have been looking forward ot the arrival on my new SUT, only to find out that they have pushed the date back to mid 2004. They offered me my deposit back, but I told them I would wait.

Got a phone call today, and they where trying to get me into a H2 SUV. Offered me a guaranteed buy back price when the SUT comes out. The offer was for $35k... I didn't think it was a very good offer, but I found it interesting that they were starting to "push" the H2 some now. I guess that might mean sales are starting to slow down...

Just someting that happened that I thought was interesting...

NP
12-02-2002, 07:35 PM
Mike,

Are you saying that they offered you a guaranteed repurchase price of $35K or they were going to sell you a new H2 at $35K?

If the latter is the case, then I'm going to order a couple of SUT3s =)

12-02-2002, 07:37 PM
Sorry...

They were saying they would buy the H2 SUV BACK for $35k. The SUV would still cost me MSRP...

sheag
12-02-2002, 08:06 PM
That's really interesting. I've been scoping out inventory and lot movement on the H2s at several dealerships here now for a month and at least here, sales have definitely slowed the past week. H2s are staying on the lot longer, salespeople are getting more in a bargaining mood. I don't know if it's because car sales normally slow the closer we get to Xmas, or if it's the initial demand bubble is bursting, but it is interesting. As I mentioned in another post, I had a salesguy actually bargaining with me below MSRP on an H2 this week.

I think 35K is a lousy buyback price though for only 6 months depreciation and given current demand, especially if they expect you to pay MSRP to begin with. Maybe 45K....

Shea

Zing
12-02-2002, 10:36 PM
I agree, bad deal, don't do it.

Dunkster
12-03-2002, 01:28 AM
I was out of state last week in Arizona where they dealers in that area where dealers had H2's in stock. Almost purchased one thinking I might not be able to find one in the Bay Area. Bright and early this morning the salesperson out here called me to see if I was still interested and to let me know they have some in stock now and I could come by and demo one. Maybe a slow down will happen. I want hummer to have great success but would not mine a slow down which might get me a better price while I am ready to purchase.

-------------
Dunkster