PDA

View Full Version : Factory Sunroof Not Closing

CslRkH2
11-12-2005, 06:14 PM
The sunroof will slide to about 3 inches left to close, then stop and reopen. Nothing seems to be in the way. If I push it when its closing it will close.

Does it need a lube? Anyone else have this happen? Is there a setting like a garage door opener to adjust?

CslRkH2
11-12-2005, 06:14 PM
The sunroof will slide to about 3 inches left to close, then stop and reopen. Nothing seems to be in the way. If I push it when its closing it will close.

Does it need a lube? Anyone else have this happen? Is there a setting like a garage door opener to adjust?

timgco
11-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Yep, it's called take it back to the dealerr and have them put a new one in. Had this in my 03.

HummBob
11-12-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm going throught the same thing. They said it was the motor. They replaced it last week, same problem. They now said it's something else(can't remember what), but they ordered the part. Let you know when the part comes in.

H2 007
11-12-2005, 11:58 PM
I have the same issue with mine. Seems to act up more when it gets cooler outside.

CslRkH2
11-13-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm very disappointed in HUMMER's quality. First the seat heaters, now this, plus all the damn rattles. What a joke. I would understand if the sticker was 20k or something but this sucks

CslRkH2
11-13-2005, 12:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Yep, it's called take it back to the dealerr and have them put a new one in. Had this in my 03. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn I was just down to CS yesterday too. Can I trust the dealer closer to home with it?

HGW
11-13-2005, 01:29 AM
Remember it is a GM product and you will never be disappointed. It used to be Ford who was fix or repair daily. GM took those honors years ago once the accountants started running the joint.

timgco
11-13-2005, 02:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CslRkH2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Yep, it's called take it back to the dealerr and have them put a new one in. Had this in my 03. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn and to I was just down to CS yesterday too. Can I trust the dealer closer to home with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO, those fawx got dirt and oil marks all over the headliner on my 03, and I got stuff stolen out of the truck too. After their second atempt to fix the roof an smearing more crap on the headliner, I said fawk it and took it to Dwain. That was on the 03. My SUT has slowed down quite a bit, but has not quit yet. Too bad you didn't stick around for the HH last evening.

CslRkH2
11-13-2005, 02:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CslRkH2:

Damn and to I was just down to CS yesterday too. Can I trust the dealer closer to home with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO, those fawx got dirt and oil marks all over the headliner on my 03, and I got stuff stolen out of the truck too. After their second atempt to fix the roof an smearing more crap on the headliner, I said fawk it and took it to Dwain. That was on the 03. My SUT has slowed down quite a bit, but has not quit yet. Too bad you didn't stick around for the HH last evening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to know. I had been avoiding them but am tired of driving down to CS.

I was down there in the morning getting my seat warmers fixed. Speaking of, He said they reinstalled the Driver Control Module software. And it seems from the shifting that the Hypertech programming is gone. Is it safe to reinstall the Hypertech or will that overwrite the DCM they just fixed?

dochummer
11-13-2005, 03:26 AM
Surprised they didn't screw you over bcs of the hypertech installed....