Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   "Rhino"...Sewell Plano Custom (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8282)

HummBebe 12-20-2005 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shorterbus:
the one in your town, up by the harley dealer off Granite Drive.

Taking her in next week!

KenP 12-20-2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shorterbus:

no hail yet, but the lightning is cool. i miss those east coast thunderboomers.

the local guy here says they've had issues with it coming off in chunks, or patches, when applied to plastic. i was going to cut away some of the sides for the grill, to get more airflow, so i'll probably do a lot of the sanding myself. 60 grit is a good idea, since it's never going to be smooth again. i'll mention the "misting" technique, thanks.
East Coast thunderstorms are AWESOME!

Have your guy call Tim in Virginia Beach.

tmiller 12-21-2005 03:09 AM

Looks like a cop car.

racgus 12-11-2010 08:59 PM

Re: "Rhino"...Sewell Plano Custom

resurrecting this awesome thread! Sent you a message "Rhino". I think this is the best idea for functionality as well as aesthetics.

H3slate 12-13-2010 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racgus
resurrecting this awesome thread! Sent you a message "Rhino". I think this is the best idea for functionality as well as aesthetics.

I followed Bebe's lead and got my fenders line-xed. I went with the color match because I thought black would stand out too much. I also line-xed my front grill black. I think it turned out great!

Intercooled 12-16-2010 12:41 AM

I didnt know they could color match. That looks damn cool.

racgus 12-16-2010 01:08 AM

that color match looks pretty sweet. i wonder how birch white would look? I wonder if it would be hard to keep clean...

maybe i should be the first to do it... :clapping:

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what did that run you to do the fenders (color matched) and line the grill to?

H3slate 12-16-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racgus
that color match looks pretty sweet. i wonder how birch white would look? I wonder if it would be hard to keep clean...

maybe i should be the first to do it... :clapping:

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what did that run you to do the fenders (color matched) and line the grill to?

I had the grill done first for $75. The fenders were $650. Regardless of what they are spraying, there is $200 fee for color matching. I removed the fenders and left them at the shop to spray.

racgus 12-16-2010 01:30 AM

well for that kinda cash i better make sure the color match would look good in the white. i don't think it is an easy decision since the color may match but the texture obviously doesn't. The blue turned out great, and i'm sure black would too. i'm just a little concerned about the white, but very interested. maybe i'll try to photochop it.