Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Da wheel thread. (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11384)

VTSTOMPER 10-08-2005 09:28 PM

So you are running stock ride height right now? I see there is a cheap set on ebay...22" for 1200 + shipping...that seems pretty cheap.

W1N 10-09-2005 05:14 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
So you are running stock ride height right now? I see there is a cheap set on ebay...22" for 1200 + shipping...that seems pretty cheap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's where I got mine. And yes, I will be running stock hight, since my truck is on the way over. I just had a trip to overseas (CO, NV, CA, NY) and gathered some stuff I will be adding. I'd like to go for a 6" lift, but there is few problems with that including my girlfriend . Eventually I probably will, though...

VTSTOMPER 10-09-2005 12:35 PM

Sweet! That will look great! I will be buying something in the spring I would think. I have pressed pause with the baby on route!

I do like those, and I think they would look great on my truck. I think I might still stick with the 20's though...you will have to toss some pics up when you get them on your truck.

W1N 10-09-2005 05:04 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
Sweet! That will look great! I will be buying something in the spring I would think. I have pressed pause with the baby on route!

I do like those, and I think they would look great on my truck. I think I might still stick with the 20's though...you will have to toss some pics up when you get them on your truck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll do that. Can't wait the day myself

Sportsdude 10-09-2005 05:33 PM

Looks like it's going to be really nice. I'm still debating on which type to get. KMC 22" rim looks really nice with BFG tires.

VTSTOMPER 10-19-2005 10:47 PM

W1N,

When are you getting these babies in?

VTSTOMPER 10-19-2005 11:11 PM

18X9 Moto Metal

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels/product_info.php/c...09a5926752ded3f4b184

That is what I am going with!

Glad that crap is over. Now I just need to pick some tires!

VTSTOMPER 10-19-2005 11:22 PM

Yeah, I wanted the 20, but the whole X10 thing makes me feel it would stick out of the fendar quite a bit.

VTSTOMPER 10-19-2005 11:31 PM

LOL! Yeah - I was like: What does he mean...OHHHHHHH, got it.

I just hate the added sand blast to the paint. Mud and what not is fine during off road driving...maybe I am being too hard on the look...but I never like tire showing over the body much.

rodster 10-19-2005 11:38 PM

Now I just need to pick some tires! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plan on staying with 35s?

VTSTOMPER 10-19-2005 11:41 PM

I think so...You are running 37's right?

VTSTOMPER 10-19-2005 11:46 PM

I might go 37's, and now I will have to let them stick out if I do that I am sure. I will probably have to get the flares

rodster 10-20-2005 12:06 AM

I think so...You are running 37's right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right now I'm running to dinner. BRB

rodster 10-20-2005 12:36 AM

I might go 37's, and now I will have to let them stick out if I do that I am sure. I will probably have to get the flares </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

37s aren't an automatic ticket to flares. Depends on the width of tire you get. Tim runs (I think) 37 x 12.5 and his don't seem to stick out. I imagine the backspacing and offset of your rims will impact things, too.

VTSTOMPER 10-20-2005 10:39 AM

For the Moto metal I like here are the stats:

18x9 with a -12mm offset (4.5 inch backspace)

If I go 37 X 12.5 I think that would look pretty good, and will not rub. I am not doing a lift at this point...and not sure i ever will.

TXSUT 10-20-2005 12:03 PM

Considering all your preferences and everything else, J, I think that is going to look really good on your truck.

rodster 10-20-2005 02:09 PM

18x9 with a -12mm offset (4.5 inch backspace)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Factory wheel backspace is 5.5" so the 12.50 tire will, theoretically, stick out 1 more inch. But even with that extra inch hopefully you'll still be under the fender.

Man, I'm sooo glad my days of figuring all this out are over! Makes my head spin!

I agree with TX, this will be a sweet setup.