Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Group Buy for HID Bi-Xenon Headlights (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40569)

HUMMERICH23 11-30-2010 03:52 AM

Group Buy for HID Bi-Xenon Headlights

Hey Guys I contacted Ben over at True Projector Headlights and he is willing to do a Group Buy Discount for their HID Projector Kits. They have two different models, Modern or Classic:

http://www.trueprojectorheadlights.c...eadlights.html
http://www.trueprojectorheadlights.c...eadlights.html

As you can see these are real replacements for headlights and are not just HID conversion with only bulbs. They include all ballast, lens, housing, bulbs etc. He let me know the Classic won?t be back in stock till Dec 15th. The H6024 Projector housing should fit our truck. He has had a couple customers install them on their H2's but has not seen them in person, so he stated he does not know 100% if they fit without any modification. I called around and researched that projector housing and it should fit without any problems. If anyone has installed these please speak up!

He is willing to sell them for $300 with free Shipping!!! if we can get at least 10 orders. You can buy either modern or classic for this special pricing.

Let me know if this perks anyone's interest

ehaser 11-30-2010 04:42 AM

Re: Group Buy for HID Bi-Xenon Headlights

Links aren't working man. I'm interested.

HUMMERICH23 11-30-2010 05:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok im getting pissed off, every link i put in wont work, im turning green

here is the website, just go to trueprojectorheadlights.com

try to see if this link works: http://www.trueprojectorheadlights.c...eadlights.html

see if that works.

Hellz 11-30-2010 05:15 AM

i would be interested in these but need something more than " I think"
pics would be very nice to see.

personally i will go with the modern

HUMMERICH23 11-30-2010 05:22 AM

Oh I agree 100% and im thinking about just ordering a set to test out for everyone interested just to make sure they work. I talked to him again and he is gonna findout and give me 100% answer but i can still just buy a set and findout.

NJ H2 11-30-2010 07:43 AM

If I already didn't have the STARR Bi-Projectors I would snap those up in a NY minute! That's a Great Price and what looks to be a great product!
$300. FOR A SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clapping:

snmazer 11-30-2010 12:25 PM

Count me in for a pair of the Moderns. :excited:
Scott

dvl57 11-30-2010 03:38 PM

wow- that's a fraction of what I paid for my Starr HIDs.

I wonder if you can adjust these beams like you can with Starr's.

Either way, very affordable for the projector and HIDs.

SmokeyJoe 11-30-2010 04:29 PM

I would also be interested.:perfect10s:

ehaser 12-01-2010 05:07 AM

Looks good. Count me in for a set of the modern ones.

410225 12-01-2010 05:12 PM

Count me in as well.

Lucky1 12-02-2010 06:50 AM

I think I'd try a set.

aryx 12-02-2010 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tried to photoshop the lights onto my car just to try and see how it would look, thought I'd share it with you.

HUMMERICH23 12-03-2010 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys sorry it took me a while to post again, have been super busy at work. I was thinking would you guys want me to order a set, test it out, and if all good we can get a group order in to get our discount????

They do have adjustable light focus.

Also check this out for the Modern HID Set..... You can order these as well from Retro Solutions to make the Ring around the Lens Functional!!!!!
I think that would make the modern set Bad azz!

http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/Detail?no=437

Hellz 12-03-2010 04:55 AM

if you want to test them out, im sure everyone would be appreciative on how it looks.

me im ready to order as long as i get a more positive answer as to if they will fit 100% without any modifications.

ill also pick up the halos as well as they are only $28

it seems we have enough interest on these... i think the next step is to iron out the details and get these ordered.

If you are going to order.. ill gladly wait until you get yours in, and installed to see how everything goes.

HUMMERICH23 12-03-2010 05:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good to hear, i will prob get them ordered tomorrow then find out the details of our group buy. I will post when i find out.

Since i was in Light Mode this week i also ordered this new HID Grill Light bar from Delta with x3 HIDs. It just came out. There is no picture up yet but here is the link.
http://deltatechindustries.com/site/01-9035-HID3

Here is a pic of the HID grill bar for a Jeep, they are same except different mounting brackets

HUMMERICH23 12-03-2010 10:17 PM

So I ordered the modern headlights but the only issue is they just sold out and wont be in stock til next Thursday, so as soon as I get them, check fit and adjustabilty, Ben will create link to special page on his website for ordering and it would be available to all forum members. I will keep everyone informed as soon I get them!

tsdrummerboy 12-03-2010 11:07 PM

count me in....let me know when you`ll get the lights.

twr 12-03-2010 11:15 PM

Hi will he ship to canada?

tsdrummerboy 12-03-2010 11:30 PM

count me in.
tim h.

Hellz 12-03-2010 11:49 PM

can you also take pics during the install.

im not asking for a step by step, but just of the major parts and what not.

thanks

HUMMERICH23 12-03-2010 11:54 PM

Yes he can ship to Canada or anywhere No problem. He just asked when it?s time to contact him personally thru email to arrange shipping details to Up North.

Also he let me know that the Modern HID set will be $300 but due to cost the classic will be $325, i let him know most of us want the Modern anyways.

I will take pictures of the install for sure whenever i receive the kit.

DRTYFN 12-04-2010 12:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
HIDs are one of the best upgrades that you can do for your H2. I've had mine for 5 years.

Xotik H3 12-04-2010 04:45 AM

Count me in. :redx: :excited:

The_Yeti 12-05-2010 12:52 AM

On the fence a little. Great price, would love to hear about the install though. If it's not too much trouble a small write up with pics when you get yours would be sweet. The halo ring looks like the perfect add on.

HUMMERICH23 12-05-2010 12:54 AM

That is the plan!!! Will let you know!

mightyepp 12-05-2010 06:25 PM

Interested

LEcustoms 12-05-2010 06:47 PM

Interested possibly in two sets

funnone 12-06-2010 07:21 PM

Count Me in :clapping:

HUMMERICH23 12-08-2010 08:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys just some info i wanted to relay that i just found out, The Modern Headlights are not DOT approved but the Classic Headlights are Sae/Dot approved. So if anyone is worried about legality issues, the classic is prob the way to go. Also if these end up not fitting or don?t work for whatever reason, has anyone had experience with the Truck-Lite LED Headlights???

I dont think they are a bad option for improvement over stock headlights plus they are DOT/SAE legal. Plus the guys at Predator Motorsports raved about them when i called them. They said with the failure rates of HID and having ballast etc, these plug right into stock harness and no ballast. Ive read mixed reviews but not a bad alternative i think.
Attachment 53142

Attachment 53143

Attachment 53145

Attachment 53144

http://www.customrigsmag.com/led-headlight-test/
http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs...4057&langId=-1
http://www.discountfleetsupply.com/tlc27250c-p.html

twr 12-08-2010 09:51 PM

Hi thats why i didn't buy his modern lights because they are not DOT i bought starr hid lights and i was thinking about the classic lights for my Harleys. The led could be great, but I deal with led lights on transit buses everyday some are good and some are crap. Plus if the LED burns out on the road your screwed their is no bulb to replace and if one burns out you may only be able to buy them in pairs. LED lights do draw way less amps but some are made cheap and don't last like they should i don't know about the ones your talking about. I have Starr HID headlights in my truck and i keep a spare ballast and bulb with me in the truck so no problems on the road with my HID lights. Starr uses phillps ballast and bulbs that are the best HID products out at this time but i keep spare stuff just in case. I would think the phillips stuff will last from 3 to 5 years but you never know. Thanks for the update.

ehaser 12-09-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twr
Hi thats why i didn't buy his modern lights because they are not DOT i bought starr hid lights and i was thinking about the classic lights for my Harleys. The led could be great, but I deal with led lights on transit buses everyday some are good and some are crap. Plus if the LED burns out on the road your screwed their is no bulb to replace and if one burns out you may only be able to buy them in pairs. LED lights do draw way less amps but some are made cheap and don't last like they should i don't know about the ones your talking about. I have Starr HID headlights in my truck and i keep a spare ballast and bulb with me in the truck so no problems on the road with my HID lights. Starr uses phillps ballast and bulbs that are the best HID products out at this time but i keep spare stuff just in case. I would think the phillips stuff will last from 3 to 5 years but you never know. Thanks for the update.

Screw it. I'd buy them anyway.. The modern lights are so similar to the projector ones sold that are DOT approved. So long as you aim them correctly I highly doubt that you'll get some sort of fine.

twr 12-09-2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehaser
Screw it. I'd buy them anyway.. The modern lights are so similar to the projector ones sold that are DOT approved. So long as you aim them correctly I highly doubt that you'll get some sort of fine.

Hi the cops where i live are A$$hole. Last year they wanted to give me a ticket for dropping a cig butt off my bike. When he pulled me over the cop said i thought those harleys had an ashtray. What a total A$$hole. Where i live he is not the only A$$hole cop. Some cops are fine but not where i live.

DRTYFN 12-09-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twr
Hi the cops where i live are A$$hole. Last year they wanted to give me a ticket for dropping a cig butt off my bike. When he pulled me over the cop said i thought those harleys had an ashtray. What a total A$$hole. Where i live he is not the only A$$hole cop. Some cops are fine but not where i live.

Dropping cig butts is an arsehole thing to do. I like to crowd people that I see do that.

twr 12-09-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Dropping cig butts is an arsehole thing to do. I like to crowd people that I see do that.

Hi i guess next time i should eat the cig butt at 40 mph going down the road just for you. I can tell you don't smoke and dislike guys that do and you don't ride. TO EACH THEIR OWN. Also next time you see a guy on a harley dropping a cig butt off his bike at 40 mph you should crowd him.

HUMMERICH23 12-09-2010 11:15 PM

Hey guys I put my order in for the Classic headlights. They will ship DEC 15th. The only difference between the modern headlight and the classic headlight is the classic headlight has a daytime running lamp. Ben said he does not know why that is such a big issue anf the classic are dot and the modern are not. He said they're working on dot aproval for the modern. It is virtually the same as classic except the drl. Adjustablity, size, lens size, how far it protrudes is exactly the same. I am playing it safe and ordering the classics, but i do know the moderns are in stock.

I will update once I get them in. I told him if they suck or any issues with install, we will cancel group buy!

Luv2Camp 12-10-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twr
Hi i guess next time i should eat the cig butt at 40 mph going down the road just for you. I can tell you don't smoke and dislike guys that do and you don't ride. TO EACH THEIR OWN. Also next time you see a guy on a harley dropping a cig butt off his bike at 40 mph you should crowd him.

Dude, no offense but that is the lamest excuse I have ever heard. Why not stop at Mcdonalds and after you get done eating that burger just drop the bag and the wrapper on the road because you do not have a trash bag on the Harley. Do you really believe that because you are on a bike that that means littering and potentially starting a brush fire is OK???? :lame: :lame: :lame:

twr 12-10-2010 02:52 AM

Hi the cig is butted on my boot before its dropped. Also i don't plan on getting into a pissing match on group buy HID light thread. So back to the thread.

snmazer 12-15-2010 01:30 AM

Any updates on the Bi-xenon headlights? I purchased the Halo rings, now just waiting to buy these headlights so I can add the rings. :popcorn:

Scott

HUMMERICH23 12-15-2010 03:22 AM

That sounds great! I am just waiting for my Headlights to ship, should be leaving CA tomorrow or Thurs. As soon as i get them ill pop them in and test wiring etc and shoot up a review!