Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This has been bothering me for some time.......... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12688)

HeeHaw 12-13-2002 07:07 AM

Does anyone else's Hummer set slightly higher in the back than in the front?

When I park on what I beleive to be level ground, it appears my Hummer sits slightly higher in the back. I would perfer the front and back of the Hummer to be level. Would look nicer I think.

Any thoughts or am I getting a contact high from Steve's crack smoke? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

HeeHaw 12-13-2002 07:07 AM

Does anyone else's Hummer set slightly higher in the back than in the front?

When I park on what I beleive to be level ground, it appears my Hummer sits slightly higher in the back. I would perfer the front and back of the Hummer to be level. Would look nicer I think.

Any thoughts or am I getting a contact high from Steve's crack smoke? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Dan 12-13-2002 10:27 AM

Steve's crack smokes??? A doctor could probably give him something for that... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

BEST 4x4xFAR 12-13-2002 11:15 AM

Hey Hee Haw,

If you just want to level the truck out, just adjust the torsion bars some. It will alter the front end alignment somewhat, but you should have to adjust them much to level the truck, then take it to the alignment shop and have the amber corrected, or you will wear the outside edge of the front tires prematurely.

~Scott T.
'95 D-90 (JEEPETR)
'96 Discovery (Not Stock)

Tiger Bait 12-13-2002 12:49 PM

Mine is also slightly higher in the back, but I have yet to see a GM vehicle that isn't set up that way.

Hummer H2 12-13-2002 02:53 PM

Adjusting the torsion bars will do the trick. I did it on the H2 and it looks way better. You do have to go get the frontend aligned relatively soon. I found this out the hard way on my pick-up, when after 6000 miles my tires where trashed. But overall the adjustment really helps out the look and only it takes 15 min to get done.

HeeHaw 12-13-2002 03:02 PM

That's why I like this forum. Now, do I have someone do this or this something I can do?

Thanks in advance

We should all hold hands and sing for Steve, our beloved crackhead buddy............. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Steve R 12-13-2002 04:52 PM

do you really wanna get me started? Cause I can dig in tighter then an Alabama tick!

OLE YLLR 12-13-2002 05:29 PM

IF AND WHEN YOU DO THIS YOU MIGHT HAVE TO ADJUST YOUR HEADLIGHTS, DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH YOU ADJUST THE TORSION BARS. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]