Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

geberhard 07-22-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:
You don't get off that damn easy. Fine, if you want to quit the crap. I'll quit pushing the buttons, but don't try to continue a lie, here. People here are just not that stupid.

Where do you suppose you got that link to the video? You got the link from pirate. Damn, what difference does it make, and why lie about something so insignificant and simple.

Either keep the trolling so we can continue with the fun or just drop it all.

Paragon,

Sorry to repeat, but you are wrong... The link was from another board... so?

http://www.bayarea4x4.com/forums/index.php?topic=4279.0

DRTYFN 07-22-2005 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by geberhard:
All this talk about burgers got me hungry, lol HMMM In and Out

Gui

Ohhhh, you bitch!!! I hope you choke on your Double-Double.

geberhard 07-22-2005 09:54 PM

The fun can continue...

BTW the link to the video is around in a bunch of boards, in some not giving te H2 gang a good name DO not worry, it was not me who posted it

I think a bunch of other sites has it as well, not sure if big-boys.com has posted yet, but this one was there.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/hummerroll.html

Thsi one is just weird, why would someone do that toa rig? Maybe not his?

geberhard 07-22-2005 09:56 PM

Fawk Not sure if a double double protein style would be popular with teh ladies

Honey would you like a double double protein style...***SMACK!!!**

geberhard 07-22-2005 09:58 PM

But I prefer my meat inside a bun

Confucious says.. " Is good for girl to meet boy at park. It is better for boy to park meat at girl "

DRTYFN 07-22-2005 09:59 PM

Quote:

Doing Slickrock next weekend, and deer Valley in Agust. Doing some Swedish wheeling in September and Rubicon in October. Am bummed about what is happening on the Con. Just heard today that Spider Lake, a good camping area on the Con is being closed again. Bummer. Last year closed due to hazard (poo) in the lake surrounding area, and thsi year due to iresponsible wheelers driving off the trail.

Very bummed. Like I posted some pages ago, am bummed that what wheelers are actually causing trail closures, and not extreme green conservationists (nothing against conserving, but extreme . It has been hard to continue the clean ups and educate others on the trail... Hopefully people will start understanding more. We do trail clean ups, and things have gotten worse in the last years in most trails.. Hoping this will change. More info here:

http://www.delalbright.com/Rubicon/projects_05.htm

Any help and divulgation appreciated,

Gui

I like Del's site. I was checking the Rubi' info out on PBB.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29

When I ran it(in my H2 )in October of '03 Spider was a pisser. Asshats were coming up through Little Sluice at 1am blaring Guns'N'Roses(I smashed that CD when I got home) and banging their rigs around & gunning their engines until about 3am. I really thought about a mystery beating on those *******s.
My buddy & I hauled out a couple of bags of trash that was left behind by other idiots. Nice trail, but bad situation.

You're so right- the trail will get closed because of wheelers, not enviro-kooks.

DRTYFN 07-22-2005 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

But I prefer my meat inside a bun

Confucious says.. " Is good for girl to meet boy at park. It is better for boy to park meat at girl "

I hope you get really fat.
Hey, if you see JeepChick wedged into the drive-thru pat her on her blow hole for me.

geberhard 07-22-2005 10:10 PM

Yep, some trails have been getting worse in the last years, if I had a buck for every can of Coors light and Corona I picked from teh trails we go... It is a sucky situation. A lot of kids that do not see the problem in front of their faces. getting pretty bad, and the Rubicon may become a posterchild to what is coming out next. Mored education needed, enforcement needed, trail manners, good common sense (too much drinking and driving on the trails lately). It gives wheeling and the sport a bad image it does not need. Also impacts anyone who wishes to even take their families on a simple SUV camp out.

We try enfrocing, even about people packing their poo out of the trail, but some just laugh, and keep on trashing. Pretty sad. On the plkus side, the community is recognizing this issues, and more aliances are forming to help prevent that, educate, and enforce good trail manners. Kind aonly time will tell, but do not wait.

I dig scuba, and anytime I am under I also collect piles of trash beer cans, plastic, bottles, etc. Would be easy to blame people fishing in the areas, and cope out, but it is not about that. Some people are not getting it until it is too late. It has got to change sometime.

Gui

DRTYFN 07-22-2005 10:15 PM

That's exactly why we all have to band together to keep our trails open. Education is the paramount issue. Responsibility for one's actions is the next.

DrMoab 07-23-2005 04:31 AM

So I heard kind of a nasty rumor about you some of you guys today. A Moab Local friend of mine said he was there at the Esclalator in Moab when you filmed that little piece. He said what you can't see in the video is the winch line hooked to the front. Any truth to this?

Also said that the hummer guys were the biggest bunch of unfriendly pricks he has ever run into on a trail.

Now I am not attacking anyone because I don't know if its true or not but if it is true maybe that explains a lot why you guys get razzed on the trail so much.

Attitude is everything ya know.

DennisAJC 07-23-2005 04:38 AM

TOTALLY WRONG!

There was a Hummer group there (2 groups) that were total pricks, but they weren't H2s.

I'm being totally honest with you, we are the friendliest bunch you would ever meet in Moab. No joke.

DRTYFN did The Escalator UNAIDED. Took a few tried but he did it.

wilfred 07-23-2005 04:46 AM

DrMoab, may i suggest you take the time to read this whole thread before you start making comments like all trolls do: So I heard... A friend said... and yada yada yada...

During the last 24 hours, there has been many of you (possibly from the jeep boards?) coming over talking trash and still doesn't get the meaning of Dennis video...

Sigh.

DennisAJC 07-23-2005 04:47 AM

To add to that,

We actually spent some time with a Jeep group(About 12 of them) and we cheered them on as they went up Hell's Gate. They even gave one of our members a ride throught the obstacle. We all cheered and swapped cameras to take as they ascended and descended.

The only time we had a problem was when the "Other" group (H1s) were being snobby and doing stupid things like park in handicap spots and fire hydrants.

And to add more honesty to that, non of our group tried Hell's Gate. I had attempted Potato Salad but was too scared to try Hell's Gate. Huh, go figure. That is why we'll be going again this year. Just for that specific one.

wilfred 07-23-2005 04:51 AM

Take geberhard for instance, first he was talking **** now he is trying to make friends?

PARAGON 07-23-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
So I heard kind of a nasty rumor about you some of you guys today. A Moab Local friend of mine said he was there at the Esclalator in Moab when you filmed that little piece. He said what you can't see in the video is the winch line hooked to the front. Any truth to this?

Also said that the hummer guys were the biggest bunch of unfriendly pricks he has ever run into on a trail.

Now I am not attacking anyone because I don't know if its true or not but if it is true maybe that explains a lot why you guys get razzed on the trail so much.

Attitude is everything ya know.
So, I heard the <span class="ev_code_RED">FACT</span>, not rumor, that a bunch of Jeepers where running around everywhere off trail, leaving all kind of trash on the trail, and basically giving wheelers a bad name to the citizens of Moab at this past easter jeep safari. So, STFU and quit putting your foot in your mouth. If you were remotely interested in anything here other that stirring the **** pot you would look at the original Moab video that shows that H2 going up Escalator and it's not edited in any way.

By the way, here is what a Moab local had to say about the Jeepers being there during the safari:
Quote:

As one person recently said about Jeep Safari in the local Moab newpaper, "What would you do if you invited a guest to your house and he broke all your dishes and crapped in your sink?" This April event has become the single most damaging human factor in the Moab area--an environmental OUTRAGE that must be stopped before it degrades the town's reputation and the beauty that surrounds it to such a point that people are no longer interested in coming here. Each year the damage done by hundreds of redneck Jeepers (not the Safari organizers, by the way, but renegades that attend the event but do not participate in the managed rides), create scars on the landscape, leave mounds of trash and distribute drunken bad vibes all over the desert. We follow beer cans like Hansel and Gretel all the way to their camp spots and get the bird when we ask them to obey the law. Sadly, organizers of the event and land management must shoulder the blame.

NJ H2 07-23-2005 12:18 PM

I think the Jeepers are still just pissed off that Jeep lost the Jeep/Hummer Grill lawsuit case in court!

DrMoab 07-23-2005 12:19 PM

[quote]Originally posted by PARAGON:
So, I heard the <span class="ev_code_RED">FACT</span>, not rumor, that a bunch of Jeepers where running around everywhere off trail, leaving all kind of trash on the trail, and basically giving wheelers a bad name to the citizens of Moab at this past easter jeep safari. So, STFU and quit putting your foot in your mouth. If you were remotely interested in anything here other that stirring the **** pot you would look at the original Moab video that shows that H2 going up Escalator and it's not edited in any way.

By the way, here is what a Moab local had to say about the Jeepers being there during the safari:
Quote:

As one person recently said about Jeep Safari in the local Moab newpaper, "What would you do if you invited a guest to your house and he broke all your dishes and crapped in your sink?" This April event has become the single most damaging human factor in the Moab area--an environmental OUTRAGE that must be stopped before it degrades the town's reputation and the beauty that surrounds it to such a point that people are no longer interested in coming here. Each year the damage done by hundreds of redneck Jeepers (not the Safari organizers, by the way, but renegades that attend the event but do not participate in the managed rides), create scars on the landscape, leave mounds of trash and distribute drunken bad vibes all over the desert. We follow beer cans like Hansel and Gretel all the way to their camp spots and get the bird when we ask them to obey the law. Sadly, organizers of the event and land management must shoulder the blame.
Slow down there man...I wasn't trying to stir any pots. I was really curious if this was fact or fiction.

As far as the EJS trust me I agree with you totally. I am so sick of all the ass hats that show up down there.

The group I run with doesn't even go on Easter just for this reason.

The Red Rockers...the group that put on the EJS has been batting around the idea of switching the safari to a weekend in May to get away from spring break weekend.

Its not the actual paying members of the EJS that is causing all the problems. Its all the yahoos that show up down there thinking its just a good spring break party spot.

But these guys aren't just driving jeeps. They are driving jeep,buggies,chevys,broncos,scouts and problebly a few of their daddys hummers also.

If your group wasn't the group in question thats cool. I just wanted to know.

Its funny you guys remind me of a bunch of whipped puppys. You really must get a lot of **** on the trail...way more then I realized to be so defensive.

On and as far as the video....yeah I get the point.I think most of us do.

h2co-pilot 07-23-2005 12:36 PM

Whipped puppies?

We get **** on the trail, **** on the street by eco-nazi's, **** on 4x4 forums and **** on in the media. So yeah, being a little defensive would be expected. I'm not saying this with violins in the background it is just a fact.

For instance, I went to a park forum to ask about the trails to try and got so much crap my arms were full. "I have to see this, I've never seen a Hummer roll before! Hur hur."

Here's the link:
http://www.paragonap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5599

We ended up being friends in the end but we always have to prove something you know.

BTW, the video is on that forum too.

Then we have this little rilvary and you show up in the midst of it questioning our members accomplishments and attitudes when we go out of our way to help the name of our vehicles. Are you getting the picture?

DrMoab 07-23-2005 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Then we have this little rilvary and you show up in the midst of it questioning our members accomplishments and attitudes when we go out of our way to help the name of our vehicles. Are you getting the picture?
The way I see it...To question is a lot different then to judge. I never judged any of you.