Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

TomCat 07-23-2005 03:01 PM

Howdy all.

I ended up here because of a link on a Jeep site regarding the video.
After reading several posts, I have a much better understanding of the Hummer community. So figured I'd join, not to stir any pot, but merely to be able to share info with other 4WD enthusiasts.
The video itself is a hoot when taken in the tongue-in-cheek manner it was intended. However, I do think the photochop dictator pics were in bad taste.
Anyhoo, just wanted to say hi, and if any of you members are planning something in SE Michigan I'd like to come by and meet ya in person.

Tom

DRTYFN 07-23-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TomCat:
Howdy all.

I ended up here because of a link on a Jeep site regarding the video.
After reading several posts, I have a much better understanding of the Hummer community. So figured I'd join, not to stir any pot, but merely to be able to share info with other 4WD enthusiasts.
The video itself is a hoot when taken in the tongue-in-cheek manner it was intended. However, I do think the photochop dictator pics were in bad taste.
Anyhoo, just wanted to say hi, and if any of you members are planning something in SE Michigan I'd like to come by and meet ya in person.

Tom

Welcome Tom. Got any vacation time in October?

TomCat 07-23-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Welcome Tom. Got any vacation time in October?

Thanks for the welcome, DRTYFN.

I'm self employed, so the good news is I can take vacation when I want to. The bad news is, being self employed, I don't GET a vacation!

PARAGON 07-23-2005 04:28 PM

Well, Tom, the guy that made the video is Jewish and thinks the motherland is controlling Jeep right now. Matter of fact, I think I read somewhere he said that he believes Hitler is preserved in a cryogenic state in a MB.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Seriously though, I think the intent of using him was his way of saying that Jeep is owned by MB.

PARAGON 07-23-2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Then we have this little rilvary and you show up in the midst of it questioning our members accomplishments and attitudes when we go out of our way to help the name of our vehicles. Are you getting the picture?
The way I see it...To question is a lot different then to judge. I never judged any of you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>To question IS to judge. To ask a question is something totally different and you were in no way simply doing that. Don't even try to pretend.

MR Tool 07-23-2005 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:

Seriously though, I think the intent of using him was his way of saying that Jeep is owned by MB.

If I was to believe that was his intent, then why were Saddam, then the Iraqi minister shown that way also.???

MR Tool 07-23-2005 06:26 PM

I saw alot of humor in the video. I was laughing and enjoying it. Then Hitler.

Look, I know alot of people that built and used the old army jeeps during WWII, many (a few thousand) are my neighbors. They are old and retired and don't wheel or use the internet.

My pride may have something to do with it, but I feel as a Jeep owner who lives 3 miles from the Jeep plant, and is a WWII veterans grandson, who happens to use a Rubicon as a DD and happens to be a history (especially WWII) enthusiast, and has been walking on rocks since about 3yrs old,
That it is my duty to say/do something.

I may have taken it a little more personal than most. I'll get over it.

I get the point of the video. And I'm sorry that people rib H2's. But respect is MY point.

I still have no problems with whatever you wheel, I would like to see more H2 on the trails, and imagine that I will see some people from this board on the trails someday.

I have read this board before, and know what you guys are about. Really not much different than the rest of us web-wheelers, you just have H2's.

You get the sterotype because of all the bling, and we all know there is even a lower percantage of people that wheel thier H2 as compared to Jeeps.

so here is the sterotype facts fo me

I am not a "Brand loyalist" ( well a little, it's my local economy)
I prefer a Jeep because:
It snows here.
I can take top off.
I can take doors off.
The engineers get alot of good ideas to production. (and yes some bad ones)
They are generally easy to fix. (I work on all my own junk)
If all hell breaks looks on this planet and I survive with a full tank of gas, my long term survival chances are better than someone without one.

blah blah blah..and I can afford a H2 if I wanted one.

DrMoab 07-23-2005 06:29 PM

Quote:

To question IS to judge. To ask a question is something totally different and you were in no way simply doing that. Don't even try to pretend.
What the hell are you talking about? To question is to judge???
I DID ask a question. I heard a rumor and wanted to know if it was true. Someone said it wasn't you guys and that it was a group of H1 guys. Fine! Thats all I wanted to know.

You....seriously need to lighten up man...I came over here with the same light hearted attitude that you guys had with your little video.

PARAGON 07-23-2005 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
You....seriously need to lighten up man...
Ummmm....... dude...... me be thinking you need to take your own advice there buddy.

DennisAJC 07-23-2005 06:54 PM

OK EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOUR DOING!!!!!!

Turn to the person next to you,

Now place your hand between their legs and rub.

Now grab them and kiss deeply.....

I don't know about you guys, but my wife enjoyed that. Just hope you're not sitting next to your moms.

h2co-pilot 07-23-2005 07:25 PM

Dennis, Kenny's not here...is it okay to rub myself............ while looking at Muh-Hum's picture?

Just kidding Muh-Hum, but you are a movie star now so you have to get used to it. I'll just touch it a little.

DennisAJC 07-23-2005 07:27 PM

GAWD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

h2co-pilot 07-23-2005 08:45 PM

Tee-hee, I'm a nawty little girl.

For those that are upset by Hitler in the Jeep, lighten up, google hitler images and it shows up. He just used it and I think it is funny- Just like the video. So you can flame me for it or whatever...I'm game and I have cramps.

In fact, I think the video spreading like wildfire has actually helped communication and definitely promoted the fact that some H2ers wheel and have a sense of humor about being picked on.

MR Tool 07-23-2005 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by h2co-pilot:

For those that are upset by Hitler in the Jeep, lighten up, google hitler images and it shows up. He just used it and I think it is funny- Just like the video. So you can flame me for it or whatever...I'm game and I have cramps.

In fact, I think the video spreading like wildfire has actually helped communication and definitely promoted the fact that some H2ers wheel and have a sense of humor about being picked on.

Well there you have it. I thought the producer did the shot. While he did photochop the Jeep on the newspaper, I took that as Jeep now being a German co.

I believe that you guys have exceeded your expectations with the video. Pretty decent ruffling of feathers for the kiddies in Jeeps.

I have also seen a few of my jeepers have come over to congatulate you. They are the Majority. The boards I frequent are the not so popular ones, little more homegrown, lot better quality.
We weed out the idiots...lol ok maybe not all of them, and try to teach the kids how to keep places for us to wheel open.

I believe if you were to find some of these boards, you will find more trail companions.

I personally have only seen 2 off road. In the paking lot at Paragon. (all day???) and 1 at badlands, and this guy was out of his H2 (parked in clearing off trail) using hedgers on the trail we were running. We did get a big kick out that one.

And as long as you don't mind some "pinstriping" and dents, and me ribbing you and your IFS and wide and heavy ride then I will wheel with you anytime.

h2co-pilot 07-23-2005 11:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Paragon is fun. Hedgers!? - we don't need no stinking hedgers..we have magnetic skins! Still a little anal 'cause it's so purty. I know some of us are going there on the 20th of Aug. and would love to have you come with.(If you can hang. )

PARAGON 07-24-2005 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Paragon is fun.
Thanks, I enjoyed myself too. You're fun fun also, I must say.

DennisAJC 07-24-2005 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MR Tool:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:

Well there you have it. I thought the producer did the shot. While he did photochop the Jeep on the newspaper, I took that as Jeep now being a German co.

I believe that you guys have exceeded your expectations with the video. Pretty decent ruffling of feathers for the kiddies in Jeeps.

I have also seen a few of my jeepers have come over to congatulate you. They are the Majority. The boards I frequent are the not so popular ones, little more homegrown, lot better quality.
We weed out the idiots...lol ok maybe not all of them, and try to teach the kids how to keep places for us to wheel open.

I believe if you were to find some of these boards, you will find more trail companions.

I personally have only seen 2 off road. In the paking lot at Paragon. (all day???) and 1 at badlands, and this guy was out of his H2 (parked in clearing off trail) using hedgers on the trail we were running. We did get a big kick out that one.

And as long as you don't mind some "pinstriping" and dents, and me ribbing you and your IFS and wide and heavy ride then I will wheel with you anytime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gotta come to Moab with us then. It's a blast. Afterwards we get hammered!

Do you Karaoke???

DRTYFN 07-24-2005 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MR Tool:

And as long as you don't mind some "pinstriping" and dents, and me ribbing you and your IFS and wide and heavy ride then I will wheel with you anytime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gotta come to Moab with us then. It's a blast. Afterwards we get hammered!

Do you Karaoke??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you really need to go to Moab with us. We can all help flip you back over after you endo.(Hopefully you won't)