Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

DennisAJC 07-25-2005 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2Rubi you last word freak!

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 04:39 PM

Holy cow, I never thought of it that way, but I suppose you are right!

Good to see an H2 being used the correct way for once!

PARAGON 07-25-2005 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2 Rubi's R more fun:
LMFAO! You guys slay me! Its funny with all these pics posted showing Jeeps stuck, you notice they are all offroad getting stuck.

Where are the follow up pics showing the H2 going thru the same area the jeep got stuck? OH yeah, there are none!

Also, if you calm down and stop acting like 12 year olds throwing high school aged insults, you will see I never said My vehicle will always kick your vehicles ass. Nor did I personally insult any of you. I also never said anyone who is wheeling an H2 is a n00b or does not have experience. You all seemed to fill in those blanks yourselves. But I want to thank all you H2 owners who are acting like spoiled kids for proving my point!

Bottom line is the jabs are going back and forth, both on Jeep boards and Hummer boards. And lets be honest its been fun, but apparently SOME of you cant take it.

Anyhow, Id love to wheel with any H2 and go thru the paces to see how they compare and how they ride offroad. I'll be at Rubicon in the end of August and Dusy/Ershim on Labor Day weekend. Is anyone going I can perhaps meet there?

Anyhow, I look forward to your colorful responses!

See ya folks on the trails!
Do you have a complex? Why in the hell would you assume anyone was talking to you unless they addressed you directly, as I just did by quoting you.

Ok, maybe I am making a mistake. Where did someone say you said "anyone who is wheeling an H2 is a n00b?" Also, what point are you referring to proving.

Oh, and where are all of the follow up pictures of Jeeps following H2s through the obstacles they are completing all over this forum. Yeah, sounds stupid doesn't it.

DennisAJC 07-25-2005 04:41 PM

In some weeeeiiiird sick twisted way, I kinda like that Jeep.

PARAGON 07-25-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by geberhard:
Hey Paragon,

Did not get any apologies from ya, you are the one getting off thsi too damn easy, lol

I apologize. There, is that better?

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:
Let's get some things straight here. I don't know where this notion that H2 owners are somehow noobies to wheeling came from but, guys, wake up.

Um, you did.

Suggestion for ya Paragon: De-caf

PARAGON 07-25-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:
In some weeeeiiiird sick twisted way, I kinda like that Jeep.
Not enough slots.

PARAGON 07-25-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Let's get some things straight here. I don't know where this notion that H2 owners are somehow noobies to wheeling came from but, guys, wake up.

Um, you did.

Suggestion for ya Paragon: De-caf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Are you talking to me? I did what?

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

As a matter of fact. Why don't you yahoos try wheeling a truck that you care about and don't want to get dented and scratched to heck and back.

I found this amusing too. I just got my first dent in my drivers side rear quarter panel. I almost cried!

But I put on a set of trail corners to cover up the damage. They make trail corners for H2s yet?

PARAGON 07-25-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As a matter of fact. Why don't you yahoos try wheeling a truck that you care about and don't want to get dented and scratched to heck and back.

I found this amusing too. I just got my first dent in my drivers side rear quarter panel. I almost cried!

But I put on a set of trail corners to cover up the damage. They make trail corners for H2s yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What's up with all of the narcissistic comments. Are you lonely and want someone to talk to you?

Why do you keep referencing my posts as if they are directed towards you?

And again, I did what?

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 05:02 PM

They are all samples of your posts. The earlier one was showing where you posted there was a perception that all H2 drivers we off road noobies, and you later asked where that comment came from. I just was showing you, you made that comment, and if directed at me, I never said you or anyone here was new to offroading.

I see you are a bit sensitive over a few good humored posts. Tucks pads perhaps? But if continuing to try to personally insult me makes you feel better, keep up the good work Tugboat!

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 05:23 PM

OK, I must admit, this is the first truly trail rated H2:

Stuck H2

Ok, seriously, have a good day gays and gals. See you all on the trails!

PARAGON 07-25-2005 05:32 PM

Quote:

They are all samples of your posts. The earlier one was showing where you posted there was a perception that all H2 drivers we off road noobies, and you later asked where that comment came from. I just was showing you, you made that comment, and if directed at me, I never said you or anyone here was new to offroading.
Hence the narcissistic comment. Why would you assume anything not directed at you would be?
Quote:

I see you are a bit sensitive over a few good humored posts. Tucks pads perhaps? But if continuing to try to personally insult me makes you feel better, keep up the good work Tugboat!
Is that what you see? Wow, I believe it's you suggesting that I have somehow tried to personally insult you. Which I certainly have no problem doing, I just haven't yet.

DrMoab 07-25-2005 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by H2Finally:
There is no way no how any other drivers can say "I know how you feel" until they have an FU site dedicated to their rigs (you know, like <span class="ev_code_BLUE">futj.com fuxj.com fuyj.com furubi.com fujeep.com fuyota.com fublazer.com fudisco.com fuchayenne.com futoureg.com</span> etc, etc).
:

Ya know what...I hate H2s I hate them because I personally think they are a total waste of money.
That being said I HATE that FUh2 site even worse. Why? Becuase the people that are in control of that site and 99% of the people who post there hate H2s for the wrong reason. They would hate jeeps just as much as Hummers.

The reason I don't like H2s is a totally personal one. There is no way an H2 would ever be capable of the type of wheeling I love. They are just too wide,heavy and weak in certian areas to ever make a decent rig....or at least for the money you spend.

60K will build me any kind of jeep or other vehicle with axles,gears,lockers and what not that will never break.

60K gets the hummer owner a very nice rig that will do most easy trails and a few hard ones too and sure they will ride nice going down the road.

The fact that they get less MPG then I get with a pickup towing my jeep is kind of silly though.

I have said it before..you guys who wheel your H2s Cool. Love to meet you on the trail sometime and spend the day.

You do have to wonder though...Why do you guys have such a bad rep? These things don't come about for no reason ya know.

I think the wheelin guys on this list are far far far outnumbered by the Hummer owners who will never ever in a million years take their rides off the pavment and to me...its just stupid to buy something so big and heavy that will never get used for what it was designed.

I'm guessing thats where a lot of the hatred for Hummers come from. If you buy them and use them only to get kids at socer games (and don't tell me this isn't a primary use) They are a worthless pile of steaming crap!

DennisAJC 07-25-2005 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
GAWD THESE THINGS ARE SEXAH!

OldCJ5 07-25-2005 05:36 PM

Quote:

Warning of this video was given even before it was made. The maker even said he was going to put together a video to piss the Jeepers off the same way they have been doing to us the past few years. Just admit it, it's not fun when the crosshairs are on you.

May I see the video? The link currently isn't working.

As for being in the crosshairs, well, Jeep has been there for 60+ years now, so it's nothing new, and fun isn't a consideration for them.

We'll talk 4x4 lineage later.

Please don't flame me, I'm not here to flame you, just want to see the video.

Thanks

DRTYFN 07-25-2005 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
There is no way no how any other drivers can say "I know how you feel" until they have an FU site dedicated to their rigs (you know, like <span class="ev_code_BLUE">futj.com fuxj.com fuyj.com furubi.com fujeep.com fuyota.com fublazer.com fudisco.com fuchayenne.com futoureg.com</span> etc, etc).
:

Ya know what...I hate H2s I hate them because I personally think they are a total waste of money.
That being said I HATE that FUh2 site even worse. Why? Becuase the people that are in control of that site and 99% of the people who post there hate H2s for the wrong reason. They would hate jeeps just as much as Hummers.

The reason I don't like H2s is a totally personal one. There is no way an H2 would ever be capable of the type of wheeling I love. They are just too wide,heavy and weak in certian areas to ever make a decent rig....or at least for the money you spend.

60K will build me any kind of jeep or other vehicle with axles,gears,lockers and what not that will never break.

60K gets the hummer owner a very nice rig that will do most easy trails and a few hard ones too and sure they will ride nice going down the road.

The fact that they get less MPG then I get with a pickup towing my jeep is kind of silly though.

I have said it before..you guys who wheel your H2s Cool. Love to meet you on the trail sometime and spend the day.

You do have to wonder though...Why do you guys have such a bad rep? These things don't come about for no reason ya know.

I think the wheelin guys on this list are far far far outnumbered by the Hummer owners who will never ever in a million years take their rides off the pavment and to me...its just stupid to buy something so big and heavy that will never get used for what it was designed.

I'm guessing thats where a lot of the hatred for Hummers come from. If you buy them and use them only to get kids at socer games (and don't tell me this isn't a primary use) They are a worthless pile of steaming crap! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what's going to make you happy? What should we drive? Tell us, you ****ing know-it-all bitch!!! Oh yeah, and you're full of **** on just about everything you just said. If you'd like I'll point them out for you so the next time you spout off you'll at least know a couple of things not to say.

HummerNewbie 07-25-2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
:

I'm guessing thats where a lot of the hatred for Hummers come from. If you buy them and use them only to get kids at socer games (and don't tell me this isn't a primary use) They are a worthless pile of steaming crap! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have to disagree with you on where the hatred comes from. You said you hate them because they are a total waste of money. In your opinion it may be a waste of money but that doesn't change what it is or isn't capable. Almost all people, especially wheelers, that come down on the H2 mention the price continually, which you did several times. That, to me, screams jealousy. You might not be jealous but many are. I also think a lot of people feel threatened by it for whatever reason. I am not saying this is why you don't like it but I think it covers a high number of the people that do. As for the people that post on FUh2, they are just lemmings jumping on the band wagon and think they are sooooo cool for doing it. They just need to get a life. As far as most will not go off road in their H2, you are very correct, at least in this area. An why does that make it a steaming piece of crap? Because they are choosing what they want to do with their vehicle. They bought it, they can do what they want with it and it doesn't change anything. Whether you want to admit it or not, there are a large percentage of Jeep owners that will never take theirs on anything harsher than a gravel road or a beach. Does that make the Jeep a steaming pile of crap? I didn't think so. Let people drive and enjoy what they want and lets just go out and wheel and have a good time. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just don't bash someone else because they choose to like something you don't. Everyone needs to open their minds so they can listen and learn. Just my two cents

DrMoab 07-25-2005 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DRTYFN:

So what's going to make you happy? What should we drive? Tell us, you ****ing know-it-all bitch!!! Oh yeah, and you're full of **** on just about everything you just said. If you'd like I'll point them out for you so the next time you spout off you'll at least know a couple of things not to say.
Keep it up....you are really showing the rest of us non-hummer drivers the attitude you guys truly have.

If you could get over yourself for just long enough to read my post again...without thinking that everything a non-hummer driver says is out to hurt you or something... You might have noticed that nowhere in my post did I say you should drive anything else then what you drive.
I was just making the point that I...me...personaly have no use for one.

If you still read on you might notice that I said I think Hummers have thier place in the off road world.

You want to show me what they can do...OK Show me a Hummer fitting through trees a CJ will barly fit through. Show me a Hummer that will follow a light weight jeep over top of spring time snow( and I can prove this can't happen)

Come on...I dare you!

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

Using profanity instead of valid arguments is yet another example of a weak mind.

ps. Just for the record, I never said I hated H2s. I just find it amusing to see how fast H2 owners get defensive over a little good natured ribbing.

DRTYFN 07-25-2005 06:45 PM

Quote:

LMFAO! You guys slay me! Its funny with all these pics posted showing Jeeps stuck, you notice they are all offroad getting stuck.

Where are the follow up pics showing the H2 going thru the same area the jeep got stuck? OH yeah, there are none!

I'm going to start taking pictures of Jeeps parked on pavement. If possible I'm going to get pics of the undersides showing their lack of off-roading rock rash. I saw a funny one just this morning with a rainbow sticker in the window. I'm never going to leave the house w/o my digi.

There's probably no pics of H2 going through the stuff where the Jeeps got stuck because nobody thought the little piss ant bumps and mud puddles were noteworthy.

BlueTJCO 07-25-2005 06:46 PM

oh **** that you stupid ass **** jeep ****s....

DrMoab 07-25-2005 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Almost all people, especially wheelers, that come down on the H2 mention the price continually, which you did several times. That, to me, screams jealousy. You might not be jealous but many are. I also think a lot of people feel threatened by it for whatever reason.
And you guys here....Constantly bring up the jealousy thing...
Its not Jealousy...Its a matter of where to put your money.

I see guys spend 60K or more on rigs of all kinds all the time. To me its smarter to buy a cheaper rig and build it more capable then spending the total amount on the vehilce.

Are you guys going to honsetly tell me that a bone stock H2 will go the same places a jeep built with 60K worth of equipment is going to go?

Trust me....There might be some people who are Jealous of hummers. They just are not very well informed....regardless of what you guys say.

I have spent a lot of years wheeling...had lots of friends with lots of rigs and some of them are very very well off. None of them would own a Hummer. They would rather spend their money on a vehicle that suits their needs. As would I.
And if you think that is knocking hummers...your crazy.

DRTYFN 07-25-2005 06:47 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So what's going to make you happy? What should we drive? Tell us, you ****ing know-it-all bitch!!! Oh yeah, and you're full of **** on just about everything you just said. If you'd like I'll point them out for you so the next time you spout off you'll at least know a couple of things not to say.

Using profanity instead of valid arguments is yet another example of a weak mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I notice you conveniently dodged the questions. I'd say that's an example of weak character.

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 06:48 PM

Just go a Google picture search. First type in Jeep and see the ratio of Jeeps on dirt compared to off. Then try Hummer and/or H2. Look at the ratio again. Its kinda hard to argue with.

What color H2 you drive, so next time you are stuck I can take a photo before I pull you out?

DrMoab 07-25-2005 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DRTYFN:I'm going to start taking pictures of Jeeps parked on pavement. If possible I'm going to get pics of the undersides showing their lack of off-roading rock rash. I saw a funny one just this morning with a rainbow sticker in the window. I'm never going to leave the house w/o my digi.

There's probably no pics of H2 going through the stuff where the Jeeps got stuck because nobody thought the little piss ant bumps and mud puddles were noteworthy.
No one ever said that there aren't plenty of stupid jeep owners out there you jack ass.

Keep it up...Im sure the rest of the wheeling comunity is getting a load of your "my **** is better then yours" attitude.

You are nothing but ammo to my argument

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 06:49 PM

The question was not aimed at me, it was anothers post you were respoding to. Get your facts straight before you try to sound impressive.

DRTYFN 07-25-2005 06:53 PM

Quote:

Just go a Google picture search. First type in Jeep and see the ratio of Jeeps on dirt compared to off. Then try Hummer and/or H2. Look at the ratio again. Its kinda hard to argue with.

What color H2 you drive, so next time you are stuck I can take a photo before I pull you out?

And did you refine your search to ONLY show you pictures of 2003 and newer Jeeps? You define ignorance.
And you won't be pulling me out because I come prepared.

HummerNewbie 07-25-2005 06:57 PM

As you can see, I didn't say that you were jealous, I said it screams jealousy. So you think it is smart to spent the money building what you want. So be it. That is certainly up to you and I would never knock it. I don't think that anyone said that a H2 would or wouldn't go where a Jeep built with $60K would go. That has never been the debate. It is all personal preference. If I want to spend $60K on a rig straight from the factory rather than build one, that is my choice. Doesn't change whether it is capable or not. And to argue your case by saying you would like to see an H2 go between trees that a Jeep barely fits between or over fresh snow is kind of a lame argument. Not one H2 owner that I saw said that a H2 could go anywhere a Jeep can go regardless if it came down to size. They are both very capable vehicles and if you truly want to have an open mind and see what an H2 can or can't do, meet the group out at Moab in Oct. Go wheeling together, I bet everyone will have a great time once the brand rivalry is left behind.

HummerNewbie 07-25-2005 07:00 PM

Quote:

Could you honestly expect anything different with the fact that there are tens of thousands more jeeps out there than Hummers

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 07:02 PM

Whaaaa.....mommy, they are making fun of my brand new 60k H2! Whaaaa! LOL!

Ok, sorry, couldnt resist. Just picked up the new Four Wheeler and it had the top picks in each class listed. Of course the Rubicon took the compact SUV hands down, but the H2 took the Fullsize SUV, over the H1, due to price. It did also beat out the Landcruiser so I have to give points for that.

You guys need more flex though!

What is that, like 6" of travel? LOL!

Anyhow, to both sides: STFU and lets go wheel! We will never prove anything masturbating the keys of the keyboard on a forum. The trail doesn't lie.

HummerNewbie 07-25-2005 07:04 PM

Anything about the H3 in there?

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 07:04 PM

As far as the google search, try serching "Jeep TJ" which came out in '97, to narrow the field.

Or, if you are up to it, try "Jeep Rubicon" which came out in 2003. Please, please try Jeep Rubicon! That good enough for ya?

HummerNewbie 07-25-2005 07:07 PM

It will narrow the field but that is still 6 years difference. You also have to take into account that the sales figures for each year won't be comparible due to the selling price of each.

I know, I brought up the whole price thing but not as a negative for either side.

NJ H2 07-25-2005 07:10 PM

You Jeep guys can continue to drive your POS Jeeps through tiny little trails just big enough for you to pass. Who the hell wants to do that?? It's very funny to me that you consider that "Wheeling"
Of course you don't care if you hit a couple of Trees along the way because those of you that don't care drive the biggest "Little" POS Jeeps around!!
You see ... the trick to wheeling is to at least try to avoid accidents if possible!
If you actually cared about your ride you would learn how to "wheel" and try not to hit anything!
The truth is anyone can have a Jeep including lot's of High School Grads, but if given the choice of a Hummer or a Jeep to keep and drive I can tell you anyone and I mean anyone including all you Jeepers would take the Hummer.
Admit it or don't but the first step to releasing your obvious pent up jealousy is admitting you have a problem!
Good Luck to ya!

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NJ H2:
You Jeep guys can continue to drive your POS Jeeps through tiny little trails just big enough for you to pass. Who the hell wants to do that?? It's very funny to me that you consider that "Wheeling"
Of course you don't care if you hit a couple of Trees along the way because those of you that don't care drive the biggest "Little" POS Jeeps around!!

Well, OK, Im not sure your idea of wheeling....but stick to the dirt roads, as thats seems to be the only thing you didnt rule out!

If I wanted to drive an H2 I could buy any Chevy SUV for half the price. And BTW, I love driving my Jeep, everyday, as a daily driver....as do most Jeep owners, so I challenge you to back up the claim that most Jeep owners would rather have an H2 "to keep and drive."

PARAGON 07-25-2005 07:19 PM

Anyone know why Jeep will no longer be making the soft top. Why the new TK will have a fixed rear roof and side panels instead of a removable hard or soft top?

Better buy a real Jeep while you can.

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 07:23 PM

The rumors are that those protoypes were displayed for a cross section of Jeep owners to get input on that idea. As far as I know that is not production, nor anyway reflecting what will be done in 2006.

BTW, Jeep has yet to release the model designation of the new Jeep. Speculation is the TJ designation may end and a new one is forthcoming perhaps

DRTYFN 07-25-2005 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Whaaaa.....mommy, they are making fun of my brand new 60k H2! Whaaaa! LOL!

Ok, sorry, couldnt resist. The trail doesn't lie.

Oh yeah, my widdo feewings is sooo hurt.

PARAGON 07-25-2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

The rumors are that those protoypes were displayed for a cross section of Jeep owners to get input on that idea. As far as I know that is not production, nor anyway reflecting what will be done in 2006.

BTW, Jeep has yet to release the model designation of the new Jeep. Speculation is the TJ designation may end and a new one is forthcoming perhaps
Dude, what are you talking about. The TK is the 2007 model of the Wrangler. It's the all new designed and is being tested as we type. It won't have 6 banger anymore, will not have removeable tops and...... I can't remember off the top of my head the other stuff.

It's not brand new information. It's been known for a little while. Do a search for 07 TK or the like, I am sure this already a bunch of stuff out on it.