Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

timgco 07-28-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CO Hummer:
Watching Petey and HummerOfPrey05 talk back and forth reminds me....
Are they holding Special Olympics again this year?

"THEY" are doing something new this year.
They are having the games twice as in "BI"Annually. They are offering the gay burger flipping contest and the Salad Toss.

DennisAJC 07-28-2005 03:33 PM

The important thing here is....

THEY ENJOYED THE VIDEO!

Why else would they be here? SWEEEEEET!!!!

Jerry_Bransford 07-28-2005 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:
The important thing here is....

THEY ENJOYED THE VIDEO!

Why else would they be here? SWEEEEEET!!!!

What video?

DennisAJC 07-28-2005 03:34 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! LOSER!

Jerry_Bransford 07-28-2005 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! LOSER!

KenP 07-28-2005 04:34 PM

Tired of seeing that name on here.

Who's grilling tonight?

HummerNewbie 07-28-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KenP:
Who's grilling tonight?

Sounds like a damn good idea

CO Hummer 07-28-2005 05:21 PM

I was thinkin' about cookin' up a few Jeep trolls for dinner. They're a little gamey tho...

DennisAJC 07-29-2005 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CO Hummer:
I was thinkin' about cookin' up a few Jeep trolls for dinner. They're a little gamey tho...

They carry parasites so you have to cook em well done.

BTW, THANK YOU ALEC.

OldCJ5 07-29-2005 11:28 PM

I saw an H3 the other day. Not bashing, just wasn't impressed.

Looked like they had put a H2 into a dryer and turned the heat up high, and the H2 had shrunk.

Not impressed yet by the Colorado drivetrain that they are running under the H3. Time will tell.

OldCJ5 07-29-2005 11:33 PM

While I'm here, I got a question.

How can one video, that is obviously biased, hurt a whole market?

I'm asking logically, and not being vulgar, can you answer in the same way?

I can go find the video of an H2 being pulled off a tree stump by a CJ-8, in a parking lot. But I'm not sitting here telling every Hummer own that they are now forever disgraced by that video.

I think Hummers are a great product that was spawned from a jeep, or jeep history. Take notice I didn't capitalize since there have been so many jeeps in motor vehicle history, and I don't mean just the Willys or Kaiser or AMC or Chrysler variations. I mean the 1 ton trucks that were called jeeps and the others.

So can anyone logically answer my question? Why do you feel that this one biased video is forever hurting Jeep owners? Did the video of an H2 being pulled off a tree stump in a parking lot by a Jeep forever scar Hummers?

Who can answer that?

DennisAJC 07-29-2005 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OldCJ5:
Why do you feel that this one biased video is forever hurting Jeep owners? Did the video of an H2 being pulled off a tree stump in a parking lot by a Jeep forever scar Hummers?
Who can answer that?

Because PROPAGANDA works. The unsuspecting public or non-wheeling society will believe just as many have believed the H2 is a Tahoe.

I get comments after seeing the video, 'I always knew Jeeps were junk" I then correct them and tell the true story. Unfortunately I can't tell everyone.

I believe it's reached China so they probably think the same way now.

It's sad it had to come to this.

OldCJ5 07-29-2005 11:45 PM

Thank you for the well thought out answer Dennis.

Since I've read that your the director of the video, what was the real intent? Was it to bash Jeeps? They seem to get their fair share, same as Hummers. Was it to promote and distribute biased propoganda, in the same fashion as Michael Moore did?

Educate me, please? I am under the impression, that for the most part, the H2 has a "similar" drivetrain to the Tahoe. If I remember correctly, the front diff is bigger than a Tahoes.

Unfortunately for Jeep haters everywhere, you probably won't turn many people off to them. You might give them a good laugh. But it's like a Harley or Mercedes or a Corvette, they've all been around too long, and have a loyal following. Apparently, the H2s have quite the following as witnessed on this board.

Erik

OldCJ5 07-29-2005 11:47 PM

Dennis, just saw part of your previous reply:
Quote:

It's sad it had to come to this

Why did it come to this? What was the inspiration for the video?

OldCJ5 07-30-2005 12:10 AM

So Dennis, we've had an adult conversation so far.

I finally got to see the video. Your editing leaves a little to be desired. Hitler reading the paper, you could've photoshopped that better.

Now the meat and potatoes. To me, your video was as biased as Farenheit 9/11. You failed to show both sides. Which may have been your intentions.

You showed a Jeep rolling at Potato salad hill, not because it couldn't make the climb, but because the driver chose a different line than that of the driver in the H2 later in your video. So it was driver choice, perhaps the H2 was on the harder line with a better driver, perhaps the Jeep was on the harder line with a lesser driver.

We both can admit that the driver has a big influence on how a vehicle does on a trail.

The TJ, YJ, Liberty comment. Way offbase. They don't the same frame or same drivetrain. That would be like calling a H2 the same as a Trailblazer.

Speaking of Trailblazers, that's what you showed falling off the side of Lions Back. Not even a Jeep, but a GM product.

Showing stuck pictures is silly too! We both know that there are as many stuck Hummer and H2 pictures out there.

If you wanted to give your video clout, you should have shown a Jeep failing at an obstacle and a Hummer or H2 succeeding at the exact same spot that the Jeep failed at.

If you made this video because Jerry Bransford is an A$$, well I agree he is not all there, and is a pi$$ poor representative of the vehicle that I drive. If you want to get back at him, perhaps a personal tribute video of his wheeling disasters would have been better. But to attempt to trash a whole community because of one A$$hole? Not fair, that's like hating NASCAR because you don't like Jeff Gordon. Or something similar.

Nice video, just a few things wrong.

Erik

h2co-pilot 07-30-2005 12:23 AM

Hi Erik,

Yeah, a few things were wrong- the chasis comment- one of the vehicles wasn't even a Jeep etc... That was the whole point. It was a joke.

I think what Dennis was trying to convey was that there are assumptions about the H2 that are spread throughout the wheeling community that are untrue. We as H2 owners deal with these banal assumptions and stereotypes whenever we have an encounter with another wheeler or wheeling community.

Trying to educate and bring forth the facts of the H2's capability has become tedious and tiresome. People want to 'player hate' -a word taught to me by a nice girl that I worked with a couple of years ago. It is slang . But It is exactly the word to describe it. There are a lot of Jerry's out there.

The video was great- It was a "I've had enough" rebuttle that was perty damn funny. Of course, it is fictional and not meant to be a documentary if that is what you were expecting. It was all in good fun- like H2 recovery stickers and good jab at Bransford (aka Leslie Nielsen). Some Jeepers made one too. I thought that one was funny also:

http://www.jeep-trails.com/images/Vi...mmers_Suck.wmv

OldCJ5 07-30-2005 12:52 AM

That's cool H2co-pilot.

So then it is safe for me to assume, that Dennis doesn't hate Jeeps, he was just fed up with people pissing in his wheaties and threw some of it back at them.

Not a problem.

It was a good video. The rebuttal, I watched it, thought it sucked.

If you're ever in the New England area, drop me a line, I'll wheel with ya. Better yet, I see you're in VA Beach, I'll be down there in Oct, won't have the Jeep with me, but I'll ride in a H2.

Erik
trailbst@yahoo.com

Beastmaster 07-30-2005 01:10 AM

Quote:

That's cool H2co-pilot.

So then it is safe for me to assume, that Dennis doesn't hate Jeeps, he was just fed up with people pissing in his wheaties and threw some of it back at them.

Not a problem.

It was a good video. The rebuttal, I watched it, thought it sucked.

If you're ever in the New England area, drop me a line, I'll wheel with ya. Better yet, I see you're in VA Beach, I'll be down there in Oct, won't have the Jeep with me, but I'll ride in a H2.

Erik
trailbst@yahoo.com

I agree. The rebuttal isn't well done at all.

And the sad part - the web site isn't one that has a lot of traffic. I wonder if the the admin that created the video did it to increase traffic?

-Steve

HummerNewbie 07-30-2005 01:35 AM

Quote:

CJ,

You are correct in your assumption and as I recall, Dennis has owned Jeeps in the past. This was a rebuttal done in pure frustration of the constant bashing of the H2 by many of those on the Jeep forum. Many blindly follow the misinformation that is spread around and can't or won't listen to reason. Dennis readily admitted that there was false information in his video and that was the point. As far as the Jeep rebuttal, I thought it was very lame. The reason I say this is it used the same old several clips that have been thrown at Hummer owners for a long time. Nothing creative at all, just maybe four clips (not worth watching again to count) edited together that just went on and on with no meat. The one thing I noticed in it was the constant mentioning on the money and the cost of a Hummer. This to me screams jealousy and I believe this is the true reason for a majority of the Hummer Hatred. Just my two cents. Please stick around and share information. You will find that people around here do not bash another type of vehicle until owners of that type come here to bash the Hummer. This is a great group of people.