Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AWD BREADTRUCK:
Dr.Moab, I can only hope your finacial situation improves so you to can enjoy riding around in comfort while calling your wheeling peers "burger flippers",the trail commoners like that kind of encouragement and will look up to you as you flounder about in the rough terrian. Don't give up on your dream!
That part about primer, now that's just funny!
Man did you ever prove my point. You have no clue of my financial situation. But here you are...A hummer driver looking down on everyone else because...You drive a hummer. You NEED to drive one to make yourself look good. I have no NEED for one, I don't want one and even if I was Bill Gates its the last thing it the world I would own because I don't need one to make me feel good about myself, which you aparently do.

Oh BTW, Its primer because it gets USED. You would problebly cry if a tree branch got up against your Beautiful paint job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you actually read that post you could tell in wasn't a Hummer owner. I am sure it is a Jeep owner that in your words just proved your point

KenP 07-22-2005 01:39 PM

The pancake thread is much better than this one. These dumbasses aren't the slightest bit interesting.

AWD BREADTRUCK 07-22-2005 02:12 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AWD BREADTRUCK:
Dr.Moab, I can only hope your finacial situation improves so you to can enjoy riding around in comfort while calling your wheeling peers "burger flippers",the trail commoners like that kind of encouragement and will look up to you as you flounder about in the rough terrian. Don't give up on your dream!
That part about primer, now that's just funny!
Man did you ever prove my point. You have no clue of my financial situation. But here you are...A hummer driver looking down on everyone else because...You drive a hummer. You NEED to drive one to make yourself look good. I have no NEED for one, I don't want one and even if I was Bill Gates its the last thing it the world I would own because I don't need one to make me feel good about myself, which you aparently do.

Oh BTW, Its primer because it gets USED. You would problebly cry if a tree branch got up against your Beautiful paint job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be jealous. And yes I do wheel my Hummer, how hard depends on how many payments behind I am. Thanks for the beautiful paint comp. Maybe we could wheel sometime? I promise not to use the "burger flipper" term. Sometimes I think it's not the Hummer that people don't like, it's us guys driving Hummers, Hmm food for thought.

DennisAJC 07-22-2005 03:03 PM

Must be awful having to eat your own ****.

Thanks for watching my informative video! I'm sure that's the message that's being conveyed to the general public.

AWD BREADTRUCK 07-22-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:

Thanks for watching my informative video! I'm sure that's the message that's being conveyed to the general public.
You tell'um Dennis, the general public love us Hummer guys, them "burger flippin" bastards.

DRTYFN 07-22-2005 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AWD BREADTRUCK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:

You tell'um Dennis, the general public love us Hummer guys, them "burger flippin" bastards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For some reason you don't sound sincere.

DennisAJC 07-22-2005 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AWD BREADTRUCK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:

You tell'um Dennis, the general public love us Hummer guys, them "burger flippin" bastards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have a grudge agaist the majority of Jeepers. They are mostly decent folk.

All the misinformation some of these guys have been spreading, it was only fitting to mirror the reaction when misinformation is spread about the Jeep.

AWD BREADTRUCK 07-22-2005 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:

I don't have a grudge agaist the majority of Jeepers. They are mostly decent folk.

All the misinformation some of these guys have been spreading, it was only fitting to mirror the reaction when misinformation is spread about the Jeep. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was not bothered by any of the video about Hummers "outwheeling" Jeeps, it's just normal razzing that goes on between different makes of rigs. But it's not cool to call fellow wheelers "burger fippers" or any other demeaning name. Jeeps and Toyota guys razz each other alot, I like it, makes wheeling interesting but the name calling is reserved for the vehicles not the owners. I have met some Hummer wheelers and actually helped one on the trail, they were cool and we got along great.If a Jeeper gives you crap about your rig, throw it back at his rig not him, laugh about it and get back to wheeling. later guys

DrMoab 07-22-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

All the misinformation some of these guys have been spreading, it was only fitting to mirror the reaction when misinformation is spread about the Jeep.
I don't have a gruge against most hummer owners.
Like I said in a previous post, I will wheel with anyone any time in any type of vehicle. I have never knocked anyone for the rig they drive as long as they return the same feelings.

What I do hate is people who buy a vehicle for the sole purpose looking down on other people.

Did I say that ALL of you here are like that? No.
From the looks of this board it seems there are a few hardcore wheelers and thats cool.

But even you guys have to admit that most people who buy Hummers do so without the slightest intention of ever getting off the pavement with them.

If you guys wanna go wheeling, lets go! Like I said I will wheel with anyone.

Just don't be a jack$ss like the dude I pulled out. He told me...and these are his own words
"When I bought this thing they told me it would go anywhere, Guess I proved him wrong"

I see the same attitude with the Jeep Rubicon owners.

Hummer Drivers, Rubi drivers, ugly old primered cherokee drivers have the same thing in common, Our Sh!t all smells the same. A 800 Dollar a month payment won't make it any better either.

DennisAJC 07-22-2005 03:52 PM

Even "Burger flipper" is a direct mirror to "Blng", "Mall runner", "Rapstar wannabe", "Soccer Dad", and so on.

This is all internet. The real and fun stuff happen out in the trails.

I've wheeled with friend who bring their friends, who are actually very nice in person but later you find out what they actually say behind your back. Sometimes it get frustrating. But at the end of the day, one thing is for sure...

They never doubt my H2s wheelin abilities

tonka61 07-22-2005 03:58 PM

DID YOU MEAN WHEN A JEEP MAKES FUN OF MY H2 I HAVE PERMISSION TO SLING IT BACK BUT DON'T HURT THE PERSON

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 03:59 PM

I do agree with you that you should just wheel with anyone who has a good attitude no matter what they drive. I do agree that there are a lot of people that buy Hummers for status too. You don't find those people here though. You also have to admit that as a majority of Hummer buyers will not take their rigs offroad, a large percentage of Jeep buyer won't either. As for the Hummer owner you help that said he was told it would go anywhere, he must be a complete jackass and an idiot to believe that. Now lets all go wheeling and have some fun.

Oh, and can I ride along with someone since mine isn't here yet

DrMoab 07-22-2005 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tonka61:
DID YOU MEAN WHEN A JEEP MAKES FUN OF MY H2 I HAVE PERMISSION TO SLING IT BACK BUT DON'T HURT THE PERSON

Do you know the story behind that picture? Dude lost his life in that accident and then some jerkoff went and stole all the good parts off like the winch and stuff.
If you have seen the pics of how far that thing rolled you would have to understand that no vehicle in the world would have survived much better. I bet it rolled 50 times before it came to rest there.

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Dude lost his life in that accident and then some jerkoff went and stole all the good parts off like the winch and stuff.

Thats terrible

DennisAJC 07-22-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Like I said in a previous post, I will wheel with anyone any time in any type of vehicle. I have never knocked anyone for the rig they drive as long as they return the same feelings.

What I do hate is people who buy a vehicle for the sole purpose looking down on other people.

From the looks of this board it seems there are a few hardcore wheelers and thats cool.

But even you guys have to admit that most people who buy Hummers do so without the slightest intention of ever getting off the pavement with them.

Just don't be a jack$ss like the dude I pulled out. He told me...and these are his own words
"When I bought this thing they told me it would go anywhere, Guess I proved him wrong"

Hummer Drivers, Rubi drivers, ugly old primered cherokee drivers have the same thing in common, Our Sh!t all smells the same. A 800 Dollar a month payment won't make it any better either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well put.

Most Jeepers I see on the trail automatically assume I'm a snoot and will look down on them without even starting a conversation.

Tunnel vision has become the norm for most H2 drivers. NOT because they are snoots, but because some just don't want to run into the "HANDFUL" of unfriendlies(Not just jeeprs). I have thick skin but it does wear you down.

It is very understandable how one could mistaken "H2 Tunnel Vision" with "Snobby"

Mudinyeri 07-22-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Hummer Drivers, Rubi drivers, ugly old primered cherokee drivers have the same thing in common, Our Sh!t all smells the same. A 800 Dollar a month payment won't make it any better either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, no, you didn't. You had to go there with the Rubi owners, huh? Now it's on. You're classifying me with these H2 owners? H2 owners are all a bunch of white collar, huge house owning, MILF-having, Rolex-wearing, asshats. Oh, wait, I just described myself ... except mine's a Tag, not a Rolex.

Making assumptions about anyone based on the vehicle they drive is risky business. Now, making an assumption based on HOW they drive it ... that's another matter.

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alec W:
You hit a nail on the head with that Dennis.

Can any of you Jeepers understand what it's like to have an audience wanting you to **** up your ride? It takes the fun out of it for me at least to the point where I deliberately don’t run certain local (Colorado) trails anymore. I tried joining a local board 2 years ago (colo4x4.org) and gave up after all the stupid comments. Actually I still read one section of that forum regularly, the Staging Area forum so I know where to avoid Jeepers.

It’s kinda sad, but that’s reality if you what to wheel an H2 in peace.

Fixed. Unfortunately, that is probably more accurate.

Mudinyeri 07-22-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
You hit a nail on the head with that Dennis.

Can any of you Jeepers understand what it's like to have an audience wanting you to **** up your ride? It takes the fun out of it for me at least to the point where I deliberately don’t run certain local (Colorado) trails anymore. I tried joining a local board 2 years ago (colo4x4.org) and gave up after all the stupid comments. Actually I still read one section of that forum regularly, the Staging Area forum so I know where to avoid Jeepers.

It’s kinda sad, but that’s reality if you what to wheel an H2 in peace.

Fixed. Unfortunately, that is probably more accurate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, yes. When I ran the Hell's Gate exit this May there was quite a crowd standing at the top. I'm sure, much like an Indy or stock car race or Easter Jeep Safari, they would have cheered and clapped had I rolled it. As it was I crawled to the top without incident and was rewarded with a few "atta-boy's" which I'm sure would have been given to any H2 driver too.

geauxturbo 07-22-2005 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:
This was my first encounter with a jeep donning a similar sticker. It was about 2 years ago and I think this guy was with a group out of Baton Rouge. Very nice rig. It was set up right. I was going to do some runs with them but was having a torsion bar problem at the time.

That guy is about the nicest fella you'll ever meet. I don't believe the sticker is still on his rig...different rocker guards now. Anyway, I guarantee if you want to have a good time off-road, follow that fella whether you're in an H2, a Kia, or a Tube Buggy. Or if you have an H2 feel free to join LA4x4 if you're in Louisiana because I've seen only a glimpse of one offroad and that was in Texas at BMRA.

Oh, and saw the video....while well done, I wasn't impressed Just wheel it.

geberhard 07-22-2005 05:07 PM

Wow!

Great video! I totally dig it as I was planning to dump my Jeep eventually, but after seeing this it got me pschyed about the H2 capability even more!

On the other hand I found some not so cool hummer videos, like the one going up the escalator you edited so I am still kind debating it:

-Hummer breaking tie rod on a easy drive you all must have seen, it became a classic

-Hummer being tugged out by Liberty, stuck at a parking lot this is another classic

-Hummer finally making up on the escalator (I think you had part of this edited after several tries

I think I saw about 5 other videos with hummers, but can not find them do you have them or should I look around for more and post them?

I am thinking of the H3, but are the issues with the H3 the same?

Thanks,

Gui

geberhard 07-22-2005 05:11 PM

Dennis would be great to see your pictures wheeling the Hummer as well, I need to show some to my buddies so they believe me as well.

Thanks,

Gui

Mudinyeri 07-22-2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

-Hummer finally making up on the escalator (I think you had part of this edited after several tries

Let me just say for the record, Senator, that there is no dishonor in needing several tries to make it up the Escalator.

Editing video to make it look like you made it up in one try when you didn't ... naughty, naughty, shame, shame.

geberhard 07-22-2005 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think these should be added to the video as well..

geberhard 07-22-2005 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this one also looks like a beast. Maybe teh beast is his owner?

geberhard 07-22-2005 06:03 PM

This one is a sweet ride!

and

darn, I am becoming afraid of typing hummer H2 on google images...

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 06:05 PM

Seen plenty of show jeeps that look like that too

Mr. I - Man 07-22-2005 06:09 PM

Hey geekhard I didn't even know sites like that existed till now, Is that where you get all of your mod ideas for your Heep. Oh sorry I meant J. E. E. P.

Just Extra Engine Parts

geberhard 07-22-2005 06:12 PM

sorry, just getting some cool ideas for when I buy mine: dennis this one would look sick on the video:

Ah this one is insane, but from the place was posted nobody got seriously hurt, but unfortunately the guy was uninsured...

and

this one looked pretty bad, Dennis maybe should be posted in the video showing that not only Jeeps can bend or break a tie rod, but H2's can too !

ops no more wheeling for this one:

or this one:

geberhard 07-22-2005 06:14 PM

ok, this is a big one, just link:

http://sessionghost.com/RockOn/Dude/hdhoag/HummerH2_ima...recked-Hummer-H2.jpg

geberhard 07-22-2005 06:15 PM

hot:

h2co-pilot 07-22-2005 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gettinghard (over H2's)-

You'll never be as cool as Dennis. And don't lie, we know what your real job is- you wish you flipped burgers.

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 06:27 PM

We could all go out and get plenty of pic of pimped out or wrecked jeeps, but if we did that, it would be jeep bashing

We all know that it gets a little one sided when it comes to that.

wilfred 07-22-2005 06:33 PM

Quote:

geberhard, is there a point to this or are you just practicing your posting skills?

I can’t figure out if you are a retard or or just plain mad at us, so I’ll go with retard.

I would say you need to flip burgers for another 5 years before you are even worthy of being in the presence of the great Dennis

Retard he is, i don't think he understands the meaning of the video.

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 06:33 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
We could all go out and get plenty of pic of pimped out or wrecked jeeps, but if we did that, it would be jeep bashing

We all know that it gets a little one sided when it comes to that.
I have a feeling it's much easier to find pictures of pimped out H2s in reality </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sure that is true

geauxturbo 07-22-2005 06:41 PM

Only h2 I've ever seen off-road.

Y'all need to pick up the pace. I've been wheelin' with Chevy's, Dodges, Fords, Zukis, Yotas, AND YES, EVEN A KIA!! Never had the chance to jump in line with a Hummer.