Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Black Monster almost done, w/pics (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30996)

ctluba 11-17-2007 04:48 PM

Black Monster almost done, w/pics

Powder coated the wheels, Line-x the grill, Now just to swap out those darn mirrors and door handles!!!

ctluba 11-17-2007 04:49 PM

Re: Black Monster almost done, w/pics

RubHer Yellow Ducky 11-17-2007 05:32 PM

I know, the dog pee'd on your tires and the cops are arresting you for dog abuse...

NICE JOB !

justforfun 11-17-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctluba

"HUMMER - Like Nothing Else .... Law Enforcement quickly overpowered by the dominating appearance and left with nowhere to hide, even after resorting to a Kids Zone!

:D sorry, in a silly mood right now!!!!

Good looking truck - but, er.... it's not Black... y'know, Black Monster and all that.... ;) ... still, looks great - wish I could find someone here to do the wheels like that!!!

Cheers
JFF :beerchug:

Big Dad 11-17-2007 06:32 PM

That looks like dog poop............................................ov er there to the right ..............................in the rocks!

JK looks good!

:beerchug:

ctluba 11-17-2007 06:50 PM

I know it's not black but it's my post and I can call it whatever I want, smarty pants!!! Plus it sounded better than "Boulder Grey Monster".

ctluba 11-17-2007 06:56 PM

No more dog poop cracks either or I will give toby your email address and a picture of your cat!!!

PS. The little b-stard is always ****ting in those rocks.

justforfun 11-17-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

I know it's not black but it's my post and I can call it whatever I want, smarty pants!!! Plus it sounded better than "Boulder Grey Monster".

You're right it does sound better... question, is that a GM replacement grill or line-x'd? ... if GM, what do you guys pay for that in the U.S.?... been thinking about one for my own, but no line-x here, and very very few (if any) places that would comprehend me wanting to scrub down and paint the chrome piece black :confused: ... therefore I'd be easier shipping from the US.

Seriously though - looks great... another question, anyone got black door mirrors want to swap for chrome? - I'll do the shipping both ways (staff perk)

Cheers
JFF :beerchug:

Just seen the other thread - question answered - thanks anyway!

ctluba 11-18-2007 03:13 AM

justforfun,

I ruffed up the grill with one of those scuff pads and sprayed it with dupli-color bed liner (6 or $8.00 per can). I figure if it self destructs I will have it professionaly re-done. Anyway, it came out great, we will see if it holds up.

frenzy1 11-18-2007 08:59 AM

Nice !

3Hummer 11-18-2007 06:02 PM

lookes good i love how the cneter caps are a different shade of black than the rest of the rims.

TXSUT 11-20-2007 03:18 PM

Nice progress, but just like that other recently blacked out H3 here, it still looks "dainty" with those street tires. Any plans for some more aggressive meats?

ctluba 11-21-2007 05:27 AM

TXSUT,

I have no plans to go with a more aggressive tread. I dont do any heavy off roading and the tread on these tires will get the job done for me and still keep the road performance. Deep down inside I would love to put big mudders on it but that is not realistic for how I use the truck. Oh yeah, also my wife wont let me!!!!!:crying:

TXSUT 11-21-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

TXSUT,

I have no plans to go with a more aggressive tread. I dont do any heavy off roading and the tread on these tires will get the job done for me and still keep the road performance. Deep down inside I would love to put big mudders on it but that is not realistic for how I use the truck. Oh yeah, also my wife wont let me!!!!!:crying:

Well, when those are shot, maybe at least some BFG ATs...and at least one size bigger. ;)

Big Dad 11-21-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

TXSUT,

WTF?

:raar:

ctluba 11-21-2007 06:12 PM

Big Dad,

I hear ya. Its the story of my friggin life!!!!!!

SnakeH2 11-21-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justforfun
Good looking truck - but, er.... it's not Black... y'know, Black Monster and all that....

X2

Actually, not sure I would call a 3 a monster.

Big Dad 11-21-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Big Dad,

I hear ya. Its the story of my friggin life!!!!!!

Oh, I'm sorry, that must be her cruiser in the driveway!

:jump:

JK...my first wife was that way, this second one is a human being, way cool! Looks as if you'll just have to follow suit and get
the tires when those wear out. Which makes sense economically. Now that I think about it you might as well run the tread off the stock tires and then spend the cabbage on the ones you want...you know...the 315/75/16's!

It'll look more like a monster that way!