Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

CO Hummer 07-26-2005 01:40 PM

Dennis,
Great Video - That was FUNNY! (yes, I'm just getting caught up on current events here). Now that you're a famous producer, you'll need to keep that in mind for your videography on our next trip.

I will say that I'm a bit disgruntled about not getting my handle in the credits since I have two cameo appearances.

Don't listen to all the losers that will threaten you. Those guys are all talk. Like Alec, I too stopped participating on most of the other offroad forums because of the extreme hatred. I had a guy from colorado4x4 threaten me online for parking on what he perceived to be billion year old tundra.

The points made about jealousy are totally lost on these guys. They don't understand the point AT ALL. It's astounding. They respond with "well I just hate them because they are too expensive". What kind of idiotic response is that?

I hate Godiva chocolate because even though it tastes good it's a waste of money when you can buy Hershey. I hate cuban cigars because swisher sweets work just as good. The logic is ridiculous.

DrMoab 07-26-2005 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CO Hummer:
The points made about jealousy are totally lost on these guys. They don't understand the point AT ALL. It's astounding. They respond with "well I just hate them because they are too expensive". What kind of idiotic response is that?

Nobody hates hummers because they are too expensive. They hate the people who buy them BECAUSE they are expensive. Some of you guys here seem to be hardcore(I guess) wheelers. Some of you might have bought your hummers because you thought it would make a good wheeling machine....Thats cool.

There is a greater number of people though who buy them soley for the status symbol. To me this is just plain stupid. Its a waste of money to do that.

I hate to tell ya guys but plain and simple...the hatred started from the attitudes of alot of Hummer owners. Not because of the price,capability,looks or anyother part of the Hummer. Its mostly just driver attitude.

DennisAJC 07-26-2005 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:

I hate to tell ya guys but plain and simple...the hatred started from because of the price,capability,looks or anyother part of the Hummer. The attitudes of alot of Hummer owners evolved in response to the hate.

I FIXED it for you Doc.

When I bought my Hummer, I didn't get into the driver's seat and said,"Hey, from this day on, I'm gonna look down on people."

That quality was in me years before. J/K

Being a long time Jeep owner, it hurt when I was immediatly shund for driving the H2. It's almost like a defensive personality. Easily mistaken for being snobby.

CO Hummer 07-26-2005 02:16 PM

Quote:

EARLIER: Ya know what...I hate H2s I hate them because I personally think they are a total waste of money.

NOW: Nobody hates hummers because they are too expensive.

DrGenius,
Having a Schizo day are we?

HummerNewbie 07-26-2005 02:50 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:

Nobody hates hummers because they are too expensive. They hate the people who buy them BECAUSE they are expensive. Some of you guys here seem to be hardcore(I guess) wheelers. Some of you might have bought your hummers because you thought it would make a good wheeling machine....Thats cool.

There is a greater number of people though who buy them soley for the status symbol. To me this is just plain stupid. Its a waste of money to do that.

I hate to tell ya guys but plain and simple...the hatred started from the attitudes of alot of Hummer owners. Not because of the price,capability,looks or anyother part of the Hummer. Its mostly just driver attitude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said yesterday, so what if the vehicle cost a lot and many buy them as a status symbol. Those are not the people here so that would be a pointless argument on this forum. I agree, it is stupid to buy a vehicle for a status symbol but if you want to do that, go ahead it is your money. Who the hell are you or I to say what someone can do with their money? If you are going to use the argument that most people buy Hummers and don't go off road so Hummers suck, then you need to use the same argument about Jeeps. Whether you can admit it or not, a larger percentage of Jeep owners will not do any real off roading, if any, than those that will. Also, if the H2 sucks as an off road vehicle because of cost, then I guess the Rubi does too because you could build a custom rig for less. It may not be pretty, but I guess it wouldn't be a steaming pile of crap like the Rubi (if using your argument about price). I personally don't think any Jeeps are piles of crap, but that would be a good comparison to your argument

BlueTJCO 07-26-2005 02:55 PM

I'll make the argument that I can get a bone stock TJ as far as some could get a BOne Stock H2........does that make the Vehicle or the Driver more capable?????????? And while I've never driven one, I bet I can take a Bone stock H2 and get it as far as a fully set up wrangler also....... It's 40 percent rig, and 60 percent driver IMHO

DrMoab 07-26-2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CO Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrMoab:

EARLIER: Ya know what...I hate H2s I hate them because I personally think they are a total waste of money.

DrGenius,
Having a Schizo day are we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope...it still stands. I have started to hate them because of what I said in that last post. I thought H2s were kind of cool when they came out. I hauled cars for a living at that time and drove tons of them. I knew it was something I would ever have because I thought the price was just silly for what you are getting. But that price they get has a direct affect on the attitudes of some hummer drivers. The more I saw on the road the more I became aware that a lot of people where buying them for the sole reason of being better then everyone else.

Just as alot of your hatred of the rest of the 4wd comunity came from looking down on you, Mine slowly evolved from the attitudes I have seen from lots of Hummer drivers. Not all of course but alot.

The thing is...the price has a direct effect in this. If you could buy an H2 for 30K(about what they should be) then you wouldn't have so many *******s driving them.

CO Hummer 07-26-2005 03:12 PM

So, to summarize:

Quote:

LATEST: I have started to hate them

You say you hate them because the of the predominance of the bad attitudes of the owners. Apparently that's ok. But when Dennis posts a video because of the predominance of the Jeeper's attitudes....not ok, right?

I hate airplanes because only snobby rich guys own them.

HummerNewbie 07-26-2005 03:20 PM

Quote:

..attitudes of some hummer drivers.

At least you go that right. Doesn't matter what type of vehicle, there are *******s driving every type. Some even right the bus I bet

BlueTJCO 07-26-2005 03:24 PM

if an H2 only cost 30,000, I would be driving my TJ in today and trading it in

That I'm serious about! I could get way more pussy in an h2!!!

BlueTJCO 07-26-2005 03:25 PM

just wait, I'll be wearing the infamous "moon" pants in October.........

DRTYFN 07-26-2005 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Mooncricket:
if an H2 only cost 30,000, I would be driving my TJ in today and trading it in

That I'm serious about! I could get way more pussy in an h2!!!

Maybe you can get in line here.

HummerNewbie 07-26-2005 03:51 PM

ROFLMAO

Where the hell do you get all these?

MR Tool 07-26-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sfox:

I do have a question though, and this is not to slam or anything. If the Rubicon wan't offered, would this even be an arguement? Could a bone stock Wrangler keep up with an H2 without the Rubicon upgrades? I've always said the Rubi and the H2 are real similar in terms of capability, but stock TJ's I don't think so (and nobody makes an arguement for the GC or KJ).

S

Good question. I believe that 95% of the people who buy Rubicons are going to use it off-road. Why else would you drop another 7-10k for what is to the average driver a sticker on the hood, nicer wheels and a toggle swith on your dash??

The fact that they CAN come out with this type of package says alot for the engineers. I'm also pretty sure they woud have done more like 33' tires, lift, etc. but then you have the 5% of idiots that think it's a sports car and kill themselves and sue and sue and sue.

I bought Jeep cause I can take the top off, has 4WD, and they finally made it in a color I was looking for. I bought a Rubicon because of all the stuff the average driver don't see.

If you bought an H2 for it's off-road capability, then IMO you are a fool. If you bought an H2 because of it's styling, road manners,luxury items, in conjuction with it's off road capibilty then kudos.

MR Tool 07-26-2005 03:54 PM

and no we won't argue the KJ or GC cause they have IFS.