Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

PARAGON 07-22-2005 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by geauxturbo:
That guy is about the nicest fella you'll ever meet. I don't believe the sticker is still on his rig...different rocker guards now. Anyway, I guarantee if you want to have a good time off-road, follow that fella whether you're in an H2, a Kia, or a Tube Buggy. Or if you have an H2 feel free to join LA4x4 if you're in Louisiana because I've seen only a glimpse of one offroad and that was in Texas at BMRA.

Oh, and saw the video....while well done, I wasn't impressed Just wheel it.
He was a nice guy. My wife got him to pose in his jeep so she could get a couple of those pictures. I also got him and others going up on the articulation rack. I think he won. This was at Red Creek down in south Mississippi a while ago.

DrMoab 07-22-2005 06:47 PM

Quote:

Oh, no, you didn't. You had to go there with the Rubi owners, huh? Now it's on. You're classifying me with these H2 owners? H2 owners are all a bunch of white collar, huge house owning, MILF-having, Rolex-wearing, asshats. Oh, wait, I just described myself ... except mine's a Tag, not a Rolex.

Making assumptions about anyone based on the vehicle they drive is risky business. Now, making an assumption based on HOW they drive it ... that's another matter.
Now be careful Just like I said about hummer owners...Its not ALL Rubi owners. Just the fact that there are lots of them out there.

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 06:48 PM

geauxturbo,

Give it time, all the other brands you mentioned have been out a lot longer than the H2.

geberhard 07-22-2005 06:51 PM

No,

I think a lot of you are missing the point here... Dennis did a video bashing other rigs. It is a childish mine is bigger than yours thing. he took the time to build something one sided and edited stuff to his point, (farenheit 911 anyone?)

liek was said before, we, wheelers and 4x4 enthusiats of all kind do not need more "anti" this and that, and acting like a kid will just make the argument weaker, specially since a bunch of people here know the video was one sided. I think it is sad that one can take the time to create a video with trash talk on another, whoever it is, whichever side the person is. I think it is pretty lousy that someone who thinks he\she is so hot would do something so low, maybe he has some complex of inferiority that buying a certain rig helps him feel good about himself? I can not help with that I actually saw what Dennis put together as funny, a long as you can see things from both sides, and you know a bit more than what was posted.

We need more people coming together than wasting time on mine is better than yours. Acting like kindengarten kids often seems to be the norm, all over the web, and all over many boards. Heck even within the jeeping community there is trash talk on Rubicon owners, or making fun at teh Jp liberty. Even among the Hummer and HWMVV community there is trash talk about H2's being yuppie Hummers and H1's and HWMVV. There will always be trash talking, but I think things need to be put in perspective, laughed at, and so on. Again, there are issues with wheeling that seem more important, trail closures, bad rep on wheeling community, and sadly, not much is being done about it, not even an effort to put a video together that could actually help the community instead of breaking it more apart. We (wheelers) are fighting to keep trails open, but at the same time, like a bud mentiooned today, we wheelers are the ones that will eventually be the cause for their closures. Sad but true...

On another note, I actually will have soon Hummer parts in my Jeep :

Gui

geberhard 07-22-2005 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wilfred:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
geberhard, is there a point to this or are you just practicing your posting skills?

I can’t figure out if you are a retard or or just plain mad at us, so I’ll go with retard.

I would say you need to flip burgers for another 5 years before you are even worthy of being in the presence of the great Dennis

Retard he is, i don't think he understands the meaning of the video. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

which is?

geauxturbo 07-22-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:
He was a nice guy. My wife got him to pose in his jeep so she could get a couple of those pictures. I also got him and others going up on the articulation rack. I think he won. This was at Red Creek down in south Mississippi a while ago.

Yup...RedCreek it was. He blew those monoleaf springs out at BMRA. Blew em both up at the same time. He went with a regular SOA and changed up some other stuff on his Yj. He pays alot of attention to detail. Real nice rig.

I'm sure I'll get in line with an H1, H2, or H3 eventually..... just be nice if I could coeherce someone into coming out this weekend

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 06:56 PM

geberhard,

The video was made as a joke and it was only made as a reaction to the constant H2 bashing.

geauxturbo 07-22-2005 06:56 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

Yup...RedCreek it was. He blew those monoleaf springs out at BMRA. Blew em both up at the same time. He went with a regular SOA and changed up some other stuff on his Yj. He pays alot of attention to detail. Real nice rig.

I'm sure I'll get in line with an H1, H2, or H3 eventually..... just be nice if I could coerce someone into coming out this weekend </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

geberhard 07-22-2005 07:08 PM

HummerNewbie,

That is what I mentioned in my posting above. However that does not seem to be how it is being portrayed.... based on the argument here and posting this in a Jeep Forum with the goal to create conflict... sucks...

Marcmedic 07-22-2005 07:10 PM

But how many times have people from your forum been over here bashing H2's? The tie-rod video, the pics from accidents...And just about every one said they'd never seen an H2 off road. Well, the video shows them off road. But somehow I don't think you guys will stop.

wilfred 07-22-2005 07:16 PM

First he posted a punch of pics which he thinks are some sort of retaliation? Now he is trying to make sense out of it? Or at least that's the understanding I got from his poorly written response...

And afterall this, the saddest part is I still don't think he understand the video!

wilfred 07-22-2005 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
geberhard,

The video was made as a joke and it was only made as a reaction to the constant H2 bashing.

Thanks HummerNewbie.

geauxturbo 07-22-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Marcmedic:
But how many times have people from your forum been over here bashing H2's? The tie-rod video, the pics from accidents...And just about every one said they'd never seen an H2 off road. Well, the video shows them off road. But somehow I don't think you guys will stop.

I'll give you an example of one reason why I don't think you see many off-road. For instance, on this board...I just browsed around casualy for 4x4 clubs (not just h2 specific). I see none. I mean there is one in Louisiana...apparently in Shreveport. So, say some noob is looking to wheel. Does he know LA4x4 is in Baton Rouge and rides often? We're open to all 4x4s. Finding land to ride in Louisiana is not an easy task. Now, in Shreveport its a short drive to BMRA or Hot Springs. But further south you best chance to ride is to join up with us and hit private land that we have been able to get permission to ride or to make a road trip with the club.

Certainly there are Jeep only clubs, but there are a ton more that are non-jeep specific. Down here you could ride with AWOL, Delta 4x4, and Louisiana 4x4. You could even hook up with Bayou Jeepers in Shreveport...their name says Jeepers in it, but they wheel with other types of rigs.

We had the Louisiana Offroaders Expo last weekend. Not a single Hummer showed up. Probably because none knew about it. Sure, you'd be with about 50 or more Jeeps, but off-road is off-road regardless of what you're wheeling with.

Mudinyeri 07-22-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Oh, no, you didn't. You had to go there with the Rubi owners, huh? Now it's on. You're classifying me with these H2 owners? H2 owners are all a bunch of white collar, huge house owning, MILF-having, Rolex-wearing, asshats. Oh, wait, I just described myself ... except mine's a Tag, not a Rolex.

Making assumptions about anyone based on the vehicle they drive is risky business. Now, making an assumption based on HOW they drive it ... that's another matter.
Now be careful Just like I said about hummer owners...Its not ALL Rubi owners. Just the fact that there are lots of them out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm only giving you a hard time about the Rubi stereotype.

There are plenty of whining web wheelers and asshats to go around for every make, model and year.

DennisAJC 07-22-2005 07:35 PM

I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!

I see a few here that STILL haven't gotten the true message of my video. So be it.

ROCK ON!!!!!

geauxturbo 07-22-2005 07:38 PM

Quote:

Well, when you get it finished, come find us online and see what we're up to then come ride. http://www.louisianaoffroaders.com or http://www.la4x4.com

geberhard 07-22-2005 07:48 PM

from my forum? I do not even know what you are talking baout "my forum" ah, I forgot, You rapidly classify me as someone from a "Jeep" forum.

I did not post pics for retaliation, I posted pics that show the same exact thing that Dennis video bashed on his nicely edited video. Teh video is posted on big boys and other areas online, so I did not se eit at a jeep forum.

Teh video was made as a bash, not as a joke. If it was a joke the wise edits would not be there. Making a H2, Jeep , or any other rig failing is not that hard. Editing to proove a point is just lame and weak. Teh same video "Dennis the beast" did could have been done with any rig bashing another rig, not that hard, specially since there is plenty of material on H2's getting stuck on easy stuff:

Thsi one was funny as well, H2 stuck on a stump:

video:

http://www.chaosboyz.nl/images/justf...h2stumper.mpeg

other video:
http://airmissle.com/hummer/roll.wmv
and so on. So if you read at all what i said, you would understand that I am not posting stuff up to bash any rig, and am not jumping on any bandwagon, as some are here. Again, read my longer response again....

Gui

geberhard 07-22-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!

I see a few here that STILL haven't gotten the true message of my video. So be it.

ROCK ON!!!!!

You are funny So what is teh message for those of us who still do not get it? Maybe flipping more burgers will shed the light... Hmm also not sure what you have against burger flippers, do you just do not like everyone? Maybe you should relax, go hav a burger...

PARAGON 07-22-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marcmedic:

I'll give you an example of one reason why I don't think you see many off-road. For instance, on this board...I just browsed around casualy for 4x4 clubs (not just h2 specific). I see none. I mean there is one in Louisiana...apparently in Shreveport. So, say some noob is looking to wheel. Does he know LA4x4 is in Baton Rouge and rides often? We're open to all 4x4s. Finding land to ride in Louisiana is not an easy task. Now, in Shreveport its a short drive to BMRA or Hot Springs. But further south you best chance to ride is to join up with us and hit private land that we have been able to get permission to ride or to make a road trip with the club.

Certainly there are Jeep only clubs, but there are a ton more that are non-jeep specific. Down here you could ride with AWOL, Delta 4x4, and Louisiana 4x4. You could even hook up with Bayou Jeepers in Shreveport...their name says Jeepers in it, but they wheel with other types of rigs.

We had the Louisiana Offroaders Expo last weekend. Not a single Hummer showed up. Probably because none knew about it. Sure, you'd be with about 50 or more Jeeps, but off-road is off-road regardless of what you're wheeling with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No one here has said that you don't see them off-road. Compared to the number of Jeeps and other vehicles sold, I don't think 100K H2s have been sold since their introduction yet. That's 100K worldwide.

Now, more directly to your comment. There is not a single person I know in my area that owns a H2 and wheels. I can't remember how many my dealer has sold around here but the number is high for the population and we can't have real Hummer Happenings because no one will truly take the H1s or H2s off-road. But that has nothing to do with the vehicle's capabilites and us who do take ours out and get rock rash.

I am going to try this again. Mine entire dash is sitting in the back of my truck right now or I would try to hook up with you guys. I'm down at my ranch right now and my H2 looks like the pic below and I have no idea how long it will be that way. I have a tendancy to take forever on projects like this. I'll look into joining your clubs (I didn't know about them) just to get notice of your events since we don't have anything around here.

PARAGON 07-22-2005 07:52 PM

Damn groupee ****, my pictures won't show up

geberhard 07-22-2005 07:54 PM

Still waiting to see pics of "the beast" wheeling

geberhard 07-22-2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!

ROCK ON!!!!!

Pavement on

PARAGON 07-22-2005 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by geberhard:
from my forum? I do not even know what you are talking baout "my forum" ah, I forgot, You rapidly classify me as someone from a "Jeep" forum.

I did not post pics for retaliation, I posted pics that show the same exact thing that Dennis video bashed on his nicely edited video. Teh video is posted on big boys and other areas online, so I did not se eit at a jeep forum.
Funny, funny stuff. You stinkin' pirate. Oh, that's right, pirate's not a jeep site. So you didn't post for retaliation just to show the same thing that Dennis did but somehow it's Ok for you to do it but somehow still you insinuate that it's not for Dennis to. And, oh, no you downloaded the link from the pirate site. Why the lies and dodging?

Why still are you painting your **** in your 'hood's driveway.

PARAGON 07-22-2005 08:10 PM

What's that? You are rattle canning your rig? Oh ****, how lame is that?

geberhard 07-22-2005 08:15 PM

I posted one link from pirate, was looking for the funny one on the Liberty and Scrambler helping the H2 stuck.

Yep, tahnk you for proving my point, and the extensive background research. so hard to look for me since I used my pirate board name since I am not a coward and am even posting my name you weak prick.

Thansk God I can say I build my rig rather than bedn over like you did buying yours, and getting very little to no use out of it.

Grow up little kid and pirate is not a jeep site, it is a extreme rock crawling site, and tehre are forums for all rigs that wheel... errr. maybe not H2's...

Oh, and a cool other forum and site for you to look at is: http://www.fuh2.com

You like many here are missing the point But come to the "hood" sometime and we can go have fun wheeling together

geberhard 07-22-2005 08:18 PM

Quote:

yes, I fortunately can build a rig to 4 wheel. I learned how, can you? Actually can you wheel at all? more pics please?

Thank you for prooving my point again. I was under the impression from the post above that the video was funny and not about personal attacks, but you havce sunk to a how new level.... ROCK ON top of ya

More pics for you froma rig I built... but the buy vs build is awhole other discussion you may not be able to handle cry baby cry, go learn how to air up your tire... lame...

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

... and tehre are forums for all rigs that wheel... errr. maybe not H2's...

Did you happen to notice you are on a Hummer forum in the H2 section

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 08:22 PM

So you built your rig, great, and other bought theirs. To each their own. If you want to build one and that is what you like to wheel, more power to you but that doesn't mean the other guys bought rig is any less of a vehicle or that he is any less of anything.

geberhard 07-22-2005 08:26 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by geberhard:
... and tehre are forums for all rigs that wheel... errr. maybe not H2's...

Did you happen to notice you are on a Hummer forum in the H2 section </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HummerNewbie, I was seriously interested in a H3 like in my first posting. I think it came out pretty nice, and I have seen a few on the road. I drove a few H2's and they are not bad, I am still biased towards the Cayenne for now tough. Will see. Again, I did not come to thsi board to bash H2's. I posted pictures on Dennis thread. He is a kid and did a funny video, but left stuff out. That is all... Seem like some people are taking taht personally, like Paragon. Even Dennis is laughing at this. I think the point (whichever it is at this point is being missed)

Gui

HummerNewbie 07-22-2005 08:28 PM

F it, lets just all go out wheeling

geberhard 07-22-2005 08:29 PM

Hmmm, from Paragon, I am Lame, and live in the "hood" LOL ;D

Quote:

Spelling I can handle, but I do not understand the bad grammar on his other statement well:

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:Funny, funny stuff. You stinkin' pirate. Oh, that's right, pirate's not a jeep site. So you didn't post for retaliation just to show the same thing that Dennis did but somehow it's Ok for you to do it but somehow still you insinuate that it's not for Dennis to. And, oh, no you downloaded the link from the pirate site. Why the lies and dodging?

geberhard 07-22-2005 08:30 PM

Quote:

F it, lets just all go out wheeling

I agree!

wilfred 07-22-2005 08:31 PM

Pics after pics, still trying to retaliate on whatever in his own little world... So he build his rig, and he didn't buy a vehicle to start with Since when Jeep started selling DIY kit?

PARAGON 07-22-2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

I posted one link from pirate, was looking for the funny one on the Liberty and Scrambler helping the H2 stuck.

Yep, tahnk you for proving my point, and the extensive background research. so hard to look for me since I used my pirate board name since I am not a coward and am even posting my name you weak prick.

Thansk God I can say I build my rig rather than bedn over like you did buying yours, and getting very little to no use out of it.

Grow up little kid and pirate is not a jeep site, it is a extreme rock crawling site, and tehre are forums for all rigs that wheel... errr. maybe not H2's...

Oh, and a cool other forum and site for you to look at is: http://www.fuh2.com

You like many here are missing the point But come to the "hood" sometime and we can go have fun wheeling together
You don't like it personal? Why are you here at an H2 forum posting bull****? You made it personal with your BS postings and I simply responded to your lies. Especially the ones about where you saw the video. Don't like it when your buttons are pushed, do you.

It's always everyone else that's missing the point, isn't it. You have failed miserably at making any point except the one of making an ass of yourself. I just enjoy helping out.

PARAGON 07-22-2005 08:37 PM

Quote:

Hmmm, from Paragon, I am Lame, and live in the "hood" LOL ;D

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

Spelling I can handle, but I do not understand the bad grammar on his other statement well:

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:Funny, funny stuff. You stinkin' pirate. Oh, that's right, pirate's not a jeep site. So you didn't post for retaliation just to show the same thing that Dennis did but somehow it's Ok for you to do it but somehow still you insinuate that it's not for Dennis to. And, oh, no you downloaded the link from the pirate site. Why the lies and dodging?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>You must be as dense as about 652 yards of concrete. What part of irony and satire do you not understand?

geberhard 07-22-2005 08:38 PM

Wow,

Some people get very touchy here... SO if I am planning to get a Hummer I can not be part of this site? Seems like some of you have a sense of humor only making fun of others, but can not take a laugh and laugh about himself. Quoting Paragon "Lame" What is teh big deal? Thsi thread is aout a video bashing Jeeps.

About building a rig, Paragon already went to the pirate site, and you can find mor einformation about how I build my rig. Cosntruction workers also put buildings together, but they do not necessarily make bricks, melt steel for rebar, make glasses, etc... what is your point?

Gui

DRTYFN 07-22-2005 08:40 PM

Quote:

yes, I fortunately can build a rig to 4 wheel. I learned how, can you? Actually can you wheel at all? more pics please?

Thank you for prooving my point again. I was under the impression from the post above that the video was funny and not about personal attacks, but you havce sunk to a how new level.... ROCK ON top of ya

More pics for you froma rig I built... but the buy vs build is awhole other discussion you may not be able to handle cry baby cry, go learn how to air up your tire... lame...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerber, nice do-it-yourselfer. Bet it wheels great. But do you have to trailer it everywhere? Just wondering because that set up will beat the piss out of ya after awhile. Oh, but I'm sure you're a stud and you eat nails so you can take it, right?
You're probably one of the butthumps on PBB that whines about Extreme4X4 on Spike not being hardcore enough
I'll bet your neighbors were pleased with the overspray that wafted over onto their cars.

DennisAJC 07-22-2005 08:41 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!

ROCK ON!!!!!

You are funny So what is teh message for those of us who still do not get it? Maybe flipping more burgers will shed the light... Hmm also not sure what you have against burger flippers, do you just do not like everyone? Maybe you should relax, go hav a burger... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your defensive replies are the exact reaction I was hoping for.

The feeling sucks when somebody bashes your ride don't it?

Nothing personal. ALOT OF THAT **** I PUT IN THE VIDEO ABOUT JEEP WAS OBVIOUSLY FALSE.

Just wanted to make a point.

If we ever meet, trust me, steaks and beer on me. That's how we are around this group. We're just a little fed up with this crap that WE NEVER started.

P.S. To answer your sig.....

PARAGON 07-22-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

yes, I fortunately can build a rig to 4 wheel. I learned how, can you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No you didn't. If what you learned was to use a can of spray paint to paint your rig with, then you, sport, didn't learn much at all. ****, all you had to do was go to Sears and buy a cheap air compressor and a sprayer. Hell, you didn't even spend twenty more dollars to build a driveway paint booth. Give me a break.