Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   First Lifted H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40339)

PaHumBug 10-04-2010 09:23 PM

First Lifted H2

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked this up Friday. 4th H2, first one with a lift. Love it!

ROUSHDEMON 10-05-2010 05:09 AM

Re: First Lifted H2

Nice lift!
get some bigger tires!:twak:

Badace 10-08-2010 04:18 PM

Screw up the ride? How bout performance? I need more geddy up. Pulling a trailer isn't the coolest either.

HumminNBoatin' 10-11-2010 02:57 PM

Nice H2!

Looks a lil nekked though.... have to add a Treehugger to that bad boy!

PaHumBug 10-11-2010 06:52 PM

The steering/handling has def changed for the worse. The ride is pretty close to stock though. I think it was regeared because the power seems typical as well. It does have K&N air intake and superflow exhaust which probably helps too.

What's a Treehugger? Brush guard? I do want to do that, but I think power running boards are first...

HumminNBoatin' 10-11-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaHumBug
The steering/handling has def changed for the worse. The ride is pretty close to stock though. I think it was regeared because the power seems typical as well. It does have K&N air intake and superflow exhaust which probably helps too.

What's a Treehugger? Brush guard? I do want to do that, but I think power running boards are first...

Awe man.... you are breaking my heart with the "power running boards" aka.... I dont plan on offroading it.

Rubberduck 4x4 treehugger brush guard.
http://www.rubberduck4x4.com/store/p...rd-142p692.htm

seventwozero 10-12-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

I have some shiny chrome, non-powered, step bars you can buy!

:dancingbanana:

PaHumBug 10-12-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
Awe man.... you are breaking my heart with the "power running boards" aka.... I dont plan on offroading it.

Rubberduck 4x4 treehugger brush guard.
http://www.rubberduck4x4.com/store/p...rd-142p692.htm

I figured power running boards would be better for off roading because they tuck up underneath so the ground clearance is still there.

ROUSHDEMON 10-12-2010 05:23 PM

Yeah if you go offroading in a sandbox!..... you will crush the h3ll out of them going over a good trail, I would love to have them if I didn't play every now and then with mine... its so freaking tall and it would look better without the OEM rails, but I would hate to spend $1k+ on rails that get crushed in the first trail.:soapbox:

..........Unless!......they came off really easy!:rolleyes:

PaHumBug 10-12-2010 05:45 PM

Do you take your OEM one's off or just replace them when you crush 'em?

Where did you get your Demon Guard? I like the look of that better than the Tree Hugger.

ROUSHDEMON 10-12-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Do you take your OEM one's off or just replace them when you crush 'em?

Where did you get your Demon Guard? I like the look of that better than the Tree Hugger.

I take them off every time I got trailing, its only 8 bolts, takes 5mins:clapping:

Oh the DemonGuards... Thanks:beerchug: ! I make the DemonGuards, I designed them.
Unfortunately my shop and house got flooded 4 months ago with 6 feet of muddy water, so right now its looking like I'll have it back up and running in January 2011 or hopefully before, if you can wait that long I'll make you one.
PM for more info.
Thanks again.

PaHumBug 10-12-2010 07:40 PM

PM sent

H200 10-13-2010 02:05 AM

Looks great but might look even better with some bigger tires on it.

HummerJim 10-17-2010 01:21 PM

Nice H2! Larger tires are a toss up. I love the look and off roading with them, but I hate what it does to performance if you don't regear.

Bimmer9938 10-18-2010 05:06 AM

Nice rig, what size tire is on it?

PaHumBug 10-18-2010 03:39 PM

Those are 37's

Bimmer9938 10-18-2010 05:20 PM

Is the front cranked higher than the rear? I think that the 22" Rockstar he is running is just a really high offset, if it was a lower offset and they stuck out more the tires would not look as small. Still looks goood none the less.

PaHumBug 10-18-2010 06:06 PM

I don't know how to tell if he cranked the torsion keys (can I tell by looking?), but it sits pretty level. The Fabtech lift pushed the front wheels out 1.5" on each side as well.

Bimmer9938 10-18-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

I don't know how to tell if he cranked the torsion keys (can I tell by looking?),

Yep look under the crossmemember towards the middle of the vehicle, you will see where the torsion bar connects from the lower A arm up front to the torrsion key in the crossmember, there will be a bolt threading into a steel shank that goes against the torrsion key. If the bolt is threaded all the way in (or close to all the way), you know they are cranked.