Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

DrMoab 07-25-2005 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:

But, fine, let me rephrase the question. If DC were to do that to the wrangler, what's up with that?
Why do you think there are so many pissed off Jeep owners?
DC is Hummerizing them more and more and the real jeep guys...Not the highschool chearleaders hate it.
The highschool chearleaders would rather have a hummer anyway...it fits their lifestyle better.

The story I read in JP mag...where they talked to the DC reps basicly stated that DC knows that with the invention of the new grand with IFS and the Liberty that they need to keep an open top, two live axle vehicle or they will lose alot of sales.

DC maybe doind some very stupid things but they aren't going to sink that low.

hoss75 07-25-2005 08:20 PM

Quote:

But, fine, let me rephrase the question. If DC were to do that to the wrangler, what's up with that?

That would be a sad sad day.. The Wrangler is an icon. If this is true, I may have to go snatch one up before they're all gone.

MR Tool 07-25-2005 08:24 PM

Um Paragon,

The new Jeep will have a 6, SFA, and some other stuff that I know of. AS a FACT.

I cannot divulge were or how and will not tell you about the other goodies being added.

But trust me, when you live where I live, and do what I do, know who I know, then you can understand.

evertyhing is NOT on the internet.

NJ H2 07-25-2005 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2 Rubi's R more fun:

LMFAO, so if the planets aligned, there was peace on Earth, and Santa Claus really did exsist? Come on man, get in touch with reality.

Even playing your silly little game I would do exactly as you said. Sell the H2 and with the extra money, build a wicked Jeep. Unlike you I do not need DVD players, 5000w stereo systems, warming seats for my senstive bottom, etc.

You are tooooo funny!
The truth is it's all about the Casheesh!
If you had it you would buy it!
Because if you had the $ you could build a really wicked Hummer!
If you want something even narrower sell you jeep and get a Dirt Bike!
The truth is I like Jeeps and if I couldn't afford the H2 I'd have a Jeep!

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 08:33 PM

I guess in retrospect I would take the H2 first, so I could sell it for the profit. As I explained earlier, if I wanted an H2, I could go buy 2 of them, so it is not a matter of funds.

Still have two questions unaswered:

Anyone want to go head to head with a stock H2 vs a stock Rubicon

and

What winches are the H2s running and what weight rating?

ROX 07-25-2005 08:48 PM

Quote:

I guess in retrospect I would take the H2 first, so I could sell it for the profit. As I explained earlier, if I wanted an H2, I could go buy 2 of them, so it is not a matter of funds.

Still have two questions unaswered:

Anyone want to go head to head with a stock H2 vs a stock Rubicon

and

As far as head to head with a Rubicon, we already have. In fact, sadly, he put it in a mud hole and that is the picture a few pages back of an H2 pulling him out. Then, there's probably a pic of the same guy pulling me after I had an issue on the trail. So in one day, we messed both rigs up. Don't assume we're all a bunch of newb's that don't know what off road is.

Some folks run a Warn 9.5 on a cradle, for front and rear operation. Some have custom bumpers with much larger and heavier rated winches.

PARAGON 07-25-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MR Tool:
Um Paragon,

The new Jeep will have a 6, SFA, and some other stuff that I know of. AS a FACT.

I cannot divulge were or how and will not tell you about the other goodies being added.

But trust me, when you live where I live, and do what I do, know who I know, then you can understand.

evertyhing is NOT on the internet.
ROTFLMA Ok, whatever. Solid front axle? You think?

Sorry, I had to find a towel to clean the Diet Root Beer off my screen after busting a gut and spitting all over it.

The earth is basically round!!!!!! Want to argue with that. Sheesh!!!!

Please bookmark this page and this time next year come back and read it and see who was right.

KenP 07-25-2005 08:50 PM

This thread is really old and boring now. Same thing over and over.

PARAGON 07-25-2005 08:53 PM

Quote:

What winches are Jeeps running? What a ridiculous question. People run anything from Milemarker to Warn from 9.5 to 15Ks. You would have to ask someone specific what winch they have not the entire group.

PARAGON 07-25-2005 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KenP:
Shhhh! We might have a record here. Plus I noticed you are going to deitize way before me so I needed to work on that.

DennisAJC 07-25-2005 08:57 PM

Ya Ken, SHUT UP!!!

KenP 07-25-2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Shhhh! We might have a record here. Plus I noticed you are going to deitize way before me so I needed to work on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I did deitize once. Then I was banished. Atleast I wasn't "ducked" or burned.

HummerNewbie 07-25-2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
Yes I did...I said that Hummers have their place. If you want one and it fits your needs...fine. I won't hold it against you.
I bet in this thread I have said it five times...I will wheel with anyone anytime and anywhere(as long as they can keep up)
For myself I have a strong brand loyalty but I don't try to impose that on anyone else.

If we met on the trail I would never ever in a million years turn my nose up at you because you are in an H2. Nor would I laugh harder if you rolled it or be one of the idiots who stand and cheer when you guys break.

All I said is that I...me personaly have no use for a Hummer. If it bothers you that someone feels that way then maybe you need to see a shrink!

Straight enough for ya?

You say that you wouldn't hold against anyone for wanting what fits their needs, that's great. Nobody should. So you don't like the H2, or any Hummer for that matter. That is fine, just say that. Don't say that you hate H2s and that they are steaming piles of crap. That is the type of thing that gets these wars going. I not saying that you started it or anything but come on, just say that you don't like them and leave it at that. Personally, a Hummer fits my needs better than a Jeep but that doesn't make me want to bash them or hate them. I just personally don't want one over a Hummer. That is my choice and that should be respected as my choice seeing how it is my vehicle just as I would respect your choice seeing how it is your vehicle.

HummerNewbie 07-25-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
Seems to me that you guys are the ones always chasing...Reputation anyway...I think the fact that Jeep has...and always will be the pillar in the off-road world pisses you guys off so much you have to make silly little videos.

Of course Jeep has been the pillar of the off-road world. Come on damn it, they have had fifty years to build that rep. How long has the Hummer, of any kind, been around let alone the H2. Give it a chance to prove itself. That is one of the big reasons that you see far more Jeeps off road than Hummers, they have been around forever. The new guy on the block is putting up a fight and that really seems to scare some of the loyalist. Not saying it scares you, but hell, you got to give them a chance and not just discount it because it's not a Jeep.

ROX 07-25-2005 09:14 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Shhhh! We might have a record here. Plus I noticed you are going to deitize way before me so I needed to work on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I did deitize once. Then I was banished. Atleast I wasn't "ducked" or burned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wait till Moab.

PARAGON 07-25-2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

I did deitize once. Then I was banished.
I 'member that. Must have been the whole groupee thing.

DrMoab 07-25-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

ROTFLMA Ok, whatever. Solid front axle? You think?
I know...this is one thing I have heard over and over that the new wrangler will definatly NOT have IFS.

DennisAJC 07-25-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Of course Jeep WAS the pillar of the off-road world.

FIXED.

DrMoab 07-25-2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
Wait till Moab.
When are you guys going to be in Moab? My group will be there from the 8th through the 12th(I think..have to recheck dates)

It would be cool to see if you guys are as nice in person as you claim.

PARAGON 07-25-2005 09:29 PM

Have you seen the spy pics of the Jeep Rescue?