Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

HummerNewbie 07-26-2005 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MR Tool:
If you bought an H2 for it's off-road capability, then IMO you are a fool. If you bought an H2 because of it's styling, road manners,luxury items, in conjuction with it's off road capibilty then kudos.

Just my opinion here, but I don't think anyone is buying the H2 strictly for its off road capabilities. It is, as you mentioned, all the extras such as styling and luxury along with the great off road capabilities that brings them to it. Now those that just buy it for the status are idiots.

MR Tool 07-26-2005 04:20 PM

Dude I am not defending jeep. "most of the hardcore..." lol now that there is funny. I don't care who you are.

Image and nothing else. lol Those are noobicons.

I took a poll on a rubicon website, 187 responses, 150+ had owned Jeeps or currently own them. But I guess none were "hardcore" they dropped some extra coin for image instead of buying the stickers on e-bay.

I hope you people can put the same amount of passion into keeping trails open as you put into defending your rides.

CO Hummer 07-26-2005 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sfox:
DUDE! STOP DEFENDING JEEP...YOU AREN"T GOOD AT IT!! You are embarassing to other Jeep owners....

Now that was funny.

P.S. I hate granite countertops because only snobby people buy them.

HummerNewbie 07-26-2005 04:23 PM

Quote:

Dude I am not defending jeep. "most of the hardcore..." lol now that there is funny. I don't care who you are.

Image and nothing else. lol Those are noobicons.

I took a poll on a rubicon website, 187 responses, 150+ had owned Jeeps or currently own them. But I guess none were "hardcore" they dropped some extra coin for image instead of buying the stickers on e-bay.

I hope you people can put the same amount of passion into keeping trails open as you put into defending your rides.

Now that is really sad, buying Rubi stickers on Ebay to put on your Jeep. Do some actually do that?

MR Tool 07-26-2005 04:26 PM

btw

I have a CJ-5 that I have been wheeling/breaking/fixing for the last 15 years (until I broke the frame) so I guess I'm not "hardcore"

and yes they get about 30 bucks for the stickers.

BlueTJCO 07-26-2005 05:12 PM

this is what the TK WILL HAVE>>>>>>TAKE IT FROM THE MOON!!!!!!

The new TK and TKL designs will be 2007 model year but will be introduced between January and August 2006, “when” depending entirely upon the construction progress of the new Toledo Jeep assembly plant (presently in the structural steel stage). The 4-door TKL version will be introduced first and 2007 model year production at the new facility will overlap the production of 2006 model year 2-door TJ and Unlimited TJ models at the current Toledo facility. The shorter 2-door TK’s will follow the TKL within 5 weeks. The original Jeep Toledo facility will eventually be demolished.

2) The 2-door TK will be approximately 6” wider than the TJ, and the wheelbase will be around 101”, similar to the Unlimited TJ. The 4-door TKL will share the general dimensions of the Gladiator concept, meaning about 6” wider than the TJ and with a wheelbase of 138”. (Don’t bemoan the larger dimensions, this will allow the factory to safely fit optional 33” diameter tires.) Two different packaged TKL versions will be initially available, these will be called Laredo and Rubicon. Three initial TK versions are planned, to be called SE/Sport/Rubicon.

3) Both TK and TKL will come in a single body version with full height doors and roll-up windows, integral roll cages, rear liftgate, and removable roof panels. The top options will represent solid or tinted transparent plastic – solid panels will be body paint color. Front fenders and rear fender flaress will be body-contrasting bolt-on plastic. Protective plastic body cladding will be used above the sills, save for Rubicon models which substitute diamond plate steel cladding. There is provision for storing the roof panels behind the rear seat.

4) Both TK and TKL will incorporate side impact and head restraint safety systems as well as standard airbags, soft interior surfaces, and anti-dive dashes. Unlike the full-length vehicle frames used in prior Jeep Universals, the TK and TKL will incorporate “shorty” frames with impact-absorbing structures and conventional styled bumpers at both ends. Again, don’t be displeased, an optional winch bumper will be available on front and a tow-rated receiver bumper on the rear. Tow capacity will be greater than TJ but nobody’s speculating by how much.

5) Standard engine for the TK SE will be the 2.4L 4-cylinder gas engine. Available TK optional powerplants will be limited to the 3.7L V-6. The standard TKL engine will be the 3.7L, the available option will be the 5.7-liter Hemi with MDS (multi displacement system, for 4-or-8-cylinder operating modes). Diesel engines will be available for Export vehicles only, not for US models. Available transmissions will initially include the 6-speed manual and a new (for Wrangler) 5-speed automatic. The 5-speed will include the ERS (Electronic Range Select) feature of the current WK, and should satisfy those who cannot decide between manual and automatic.

6) The remaining powertrain pieces include both part time and fulltime 4WD transfer cases derived from Mercedes SUV products, with available options that include the center ELSD (Electronic Limited Slip Differential). The same basic transfer case will be available with two different low range gears, the lower gearing being available only for the Rubicon models. AAM axles will be used on both vehicles with downsized versions standard and an available heavy duty axle for the 3.7L TK, also standard on TKL and Rubicon TK. The standard differentials will be open, with optional helical-gear LSDs “soon”. Rubicon models will have standard electric locking differentials made by AAM. Full-on electronic traction control will be available on “some” models. 4-wheel power disk brakes and power steering are standard in all TK and TKL models.

BlueTJCO 07-26-2005 05:15 PM

when you live where I live, know what I know, see what I see, and smell what I smell...then you know why I know

It's not all on the internet DRTYFN

KenP 07-26-2005 05:17 PM

Quote:

btw

I have a CJ-5 that I have been wheeling/breaking/fixing for the last 15 years (until I broke the frame) so I guess I'm not "hardcore"

and yes they get about 30 bucks for the stickers.
POS jeep frame. Have you got a video of it breaking?

PARAGON 07-26-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mooncricket:
when you live where I live, know what I know, see what I see, and smell what I smell...then you know why I know

It's not all on the internet DRTYFN
I think you meant me.

And anyway, it's all a lie. You don't know what you are talking about. It's just rumor. That is just prototype stuff you are talking about. Jeep would never do away with the soft top, they would never sell another wrangler. No one knows what Jeep will do for next year. No one has seen the Jeep Rescue..... oops TKL spy pictures.

Very wierd timing there Moon.

BlueTJCO 07-26-2005 05:39 PM

yep it was you. I just remembered reading his comment and hoped someone else would since I didnt quote it........ weird timing

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-26-2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KenP:
I guess you didn't understand the answers. Too many syllables for you to handle? And you insult our trucks. You really are a waste of sperm.

Wow more high school insults! LOL, your mommy know your on her 'puter?

PARAGON 07-26-2005 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mooncricket:
yep it was you. I just remembered reading his comment and hoped someone else would since I didnt quote it........ weird timing
I just meant that the discussion was had just yesterday and POP you show up with the details.

Hmmm..... where are our furry little friends that just couldn't believe.

PARAGON 07-26-2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2 Rubi's R more fun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
I guess you didn't understand the answers. Too many syllables for you to handle? And you insult our trucks. You really are a waste of sperm.

Wow more high school insults! LOL, your mommy know your on her 'puter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>BAM!!!!!!!!!

KenP 07-26-2005 05:49 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

Wow more high school insults! LOL, your mommy know your on her 'puter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damnit, NO!

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-26-2005 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sfox:

DUDE! STOP DEFENDING JEEP...YOU AREN"T GOOD AT IT!! You are embarassing to other Jeep owners....

Seriously, why do most people buy Rubicons? For the IMAGE and nothing else. Most of the hardcore Jeep guys think about as highly of the Rubi as they do the H2 and see them as having been marketed to the same group of people. You can get a base TJ and mod it to the point it will kick the crap out of a Rubi and an H2 and still have money left over. The Rubi is great and I actually do like them, but they are about as practical a purchase as an H2 and the majority of them sold will never even be put into 4wd.

S

Dont let this guy breed, it would down the average IQ of the entire H2 community.

KenP 07-26-2005 05:54 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:

Seriously, why do most people buy Rubicons? For the IMAGE and nothing else. Most of the hardcore Jeep guys think about as highly of the Rubi as they do the H2 and see them as having been marketed to the same group of people. You can get a base TJ and mod it to the point it will kick the crap out of a Rubi and an H2 and still have money left over. The Rubi is great and I actually do like them, but they are about as practical a purchase as an H2 and the majority of them sold will never even be put into 4wd.

S

Dont let this guy breed, it would down the average IQ of the entire H2 community. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Much the way you did to the poor ole' jeep community... Oh wait, you did it TIMES 2!

DrMoab 07-26-2005 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CO Hummer:
You say you hate them because the of the predominance of the bad attitudes of the owners. Apparently that's ok. But when Dennis posts a video because of the predominance of the Jeeper's attitudes....not ok, right?

I hate airplanes because only snobby rich guys own them.
Have you heard me say that much bad about the video? The first thing I said about it was that it had false info...You guys made it clear that was its intention...OK. I actually said the video was funny comming from a Hummer owners perspective.

The biggest problem I have with the video, some of you here and the rest of the Hummer owners with the bad attitudes is simply the fact that...well...everything I have felt about Hummers and there drivers has just been strengthend by what I have read here.

Even though I figured it was a waste of time I thought maybe I could come here and see that maybe the "me and my hummer are better then you" attitude wouldn't be as strong as I see in the real world.

I was wrong..Its even stronger here. You all seem to think your **** don't stink. I have heard how much better Hummers are then ANYTHING else out there yet I have seen nothing to back that up. This thread is going on thirty pages and nowhere have I seen anything that proves you guys are so much better then the rest of us.