Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

PARAGON 07-25-2005 01:00 PM

Let's get some things straight here. I don't know where this notion that H2 owners are somehow noobies to wheeling came from but, guys, wake up. Yes, there are people that bought the H2 and only drive them on the paved road but there are 50 times more Jeeps doing the same duty, so give it a rest.

Now we have idiots from rock crawling websites coming here to tell us how we should act, what our rigs can or can't do, etc. We've been bashed since before we actually took delivery of the vehicle. Idiots that haven't even seen one in person yet was telling us what they were made of, could and couldn't do, etc. Well, one intrepid H2 owner exacts a little payback, a little tit for tat if you will and now somehow we should have been more mature, should have known better, should not have stooped to their level. Cry me a river. H2 owners are part of the off-road community, like it or not. We are good wards of said community just as we were when we were wheeling our Jeeps, Tacos, Land Bruisers or whatever we had before the H2 came along. No one ever claimed the H2 as an extreme rock crawler.

As a matter of fact. Why don't you yahoos try wheeling a truck that you care about and don't want to get dented and scratched to heck and back. No, every single complainer has said something about the cost of the H2. Well, we know how much they cost and don't particular care to get it banged to hell and having to replace diffs, axles, t-cases, etc. While I am sure many of you won't get it, but it is much easier to have a rig where you can just go bang around and not worry about sliding it round a rock or rolling it over. All you have to do is go to the scrap heap, get some more metal and weld it back, rattle can it and be done.

We have to drive with a little more finesse, attempting to conquer obstacles and leave the trail without damage. To us, a dent is not a badge of honor. It's a different kind of wheeling and one many more people subscribe to than you self-proclaimed expert rock crawlers. The majority of wheelers wheel their daily drivers and are not fond of banging them up. We're no different. So, sit down and STFU. When we need your opinion, we'll come over to one of your websites and ask for it.

BlueTJCO 07-25-2005 01:25 PM

wow, this **** is really starting to become lame to read. Everywhere I go people are talking about it, and bitching.......My Jeeps better, no H2's suck, no Jeeps suck, no H2's suck, yada ****ing yada yada yada..........

So, anyone have any good, naked pictures of their wifes they would like to PM me?

NJ H2 07-25-2005 01:43 PM

timgco 07-25-2005 01:52 PM

Some JEEPers can be such asshats.
Yeterday Kira was in the gas station filling up the H3 and this guy pulls into the station to fill up in a lifted Jeep. she said it had about a 4" with 33's and chrome rims. Not a single scratch on the rig anywhere. It looked good I'm sure. That's all that was done to it. The guys drives up next to her and gives her the thumbs down. What a ****! She laughed it off and asked him if he actually takes that "thing" off road and rolled her eyes. What a typical Jeep owner. When I had my WJ lifted, I had gotten the same thing from the "hard core" Jeepers that I was driving a soccer mom rig. Great attitude over there.
GLAD WE OWN HUMMERS! (two to be exact).
PEWTER POWER! Oh, sorry, only one of our mall trucks is pewter.

HummerNewbie 07-25-2005 02:10 PM

What a complete ass. It is one thing to not like a rig, but to drive over to give the thumbs down

He must have actually thought that she cared about his opinion or something.

ROX 07-25-2005 02:13 PM

22 pages and all you "ladies" forgot that Willys is the best! Although it is a little hard to keep going straight down the road, when I get my nails done everyone runs out and says "nice....what is that?" When I drive my Willys everyone is sure to steer clear, cuz I may, or may not, be insured. And I love it the most when the geriactric guys come out and tell me they used to drive one when they were new.
WILLYS ROCKS!

BlueTJCO 07-25-2005 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pooh drove an H2...........

hoss75 07-25-2005 03:16 PM

Quote:

Pargon: Get the **** off of the our soldiers ****. I served this county in the United States Marine Corps. I have had about my fill of sidesteppers trying to use this as their own cross to bear just because they got their panties in a wad over something. Get the hell over it
Paragon, I did my 5 years in the Corps, so don't try to pull that on me. 90% of my first post was positive stuff about you guys. I mention the one thing that I found to have gone to far and that's all you can talk about? T

Quote:

Paragon: As a matter of fact. Why don't you yahoos try wheeling a truck that you care about and don't want to get dented and scratched to heck and back. No, every single complainer has said something about the cost of the H2. Well, we know how much they cost and don't particular care to get it banged to hell and having to replace diffs, axles, t-cases, etc. While I am sure many of you won't get it, but it is much easier to have a rig where you can just go bang around and not worry about sliding it round a rock or rolling it over. All you have to do is go to the scrap heap, get some more metal and weld it back, rattle can it and be done.

We have to drive with a little more finesse, attempting to conquer obstacles and leave the trail without damage.

There's many many Jeepers who care about damaging are vehicles.. pretty much everyone who wheels a Liberty wants to keep it looking nice, so you're not alone in that boat.

Benz0 07-25-2005 03:19 PM

OK I am new here so what happened to the video?

OH yeah..BTW Jeepforum is gay...

DennisAJC 07-25-2005 03:24 PM

Due to high volume, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back in a few hours.

Benz0 07-25-2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Due to high volume, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back in a few hours.

ehhh...I will lurk around a bit and see if I find anything else interesting

Benz0 07-25-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alec W:

I’ll put our version back up later, but if you want a copy before then put an x in front of the file name and download it from the same place.

cool thanks...d'loading now

H2Finally 07-25-2005 03:52 PM

There is no way no how any other drivers can say "I know how you feel" until they have an FU site dedicated to their rigs (you know, like <span class="ev_code_BLUE">futj.com fuxj.com fuyj.com furubi.com fujeep.com fuyota.com fublazer.com fudisco.com fuchayenne.com futoureg.com</span> etc, etc).

Hell, there aren't even <span class="ev_code_BLUE">fuh1.com fuh3.com</span>

Us H2 owners & drivers are the sole martyrs

But that's okay, 'cause though we are few, we are brave and strong , and passionate!

Sure we don't spend hours modding our rigs (it's perfect when hatched ); but we spent hours upon hours every day of every month of every year of our lives defending, educating, and informing-by-example to the big ruthless clueless world out there, why the H2 is the PERFECT American icon of freedom of choice, defending our rights, and even good 'ol capitalism!!

Personally, I couldn't be prouder of Dennis' BRILLIANT slap-in-the-face-wake-up-call of a video. BRAVO!! PEWTER POWER RULES!!!

DennisAJC 07-25-2005 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
PEWTER!!!!!!!!!!

Benz0 07-25-2005 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by H2Finally:
There is no way no how any other drivers can say "I know how you feel" until they have an FU site dedicated to their rigs (you know, like <span class="ev_code_BLUE">futj.com fuxj.com fuyj.com furubi.com fujeep.com fuyota.com fublazer.com fudisco.com fuchayenne.com futoureg.com</span> etc, etc).

Hell, there aren't even <span class="ev_code_BLUE">fuh1.com fuh3.com</span>

Us H2 owners & drivers are the sole martyrs

But that's okay, 'cause though we are few, we are brave and strong , and passionate!

Sure we don't spend hours modding our rigs (it's perfect when hatched ); but we spent hours upon hours every day of every month of every year of our lives defending, educating, and informing-by-example to the big ruthless clueless world out there, why the H2 is the PERFECT American icon of freedom of choice, defending our rights, and even good 'ol capitalism!!

Personally, I couldn't be prouder of Dennis' BRILLIANT slap-in-the-face-wake-up-call of a video. BRAVO!! PEWTER POWER RULES!!!

tell us how you really feel...come on now don't hold back

you may wanna go check your blood pressure after that post...

PARAGON 07-25-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hoss75:
Paragon, I did my 5 years in the Corps, so don't try to pull that on me. 90% of my first post was positive stuff about you guys. I mention the one thing that I found to have gone to far and that's all you can talk about? T
Ooh-rah! Nope, you are just the ole straw, you know, the one with the camel. You happened to use a subject that is tired and old on this forum. Too many times it has been used as a token example of why we shouldn't own, drive or do something. You said it was your opinion that it was blatant disrespect. While it's your opinion, I take offense to that because I will take offense anytime someone suggests that I have disrespected a deserving member of our Armed Forces. Using pictures from the internet photochopped by someone else to make a point is not disrespect. It had nothing to do with those who have fought for our country and in no way offended them, it offended Jeep owners, which was the intent. Granted some Vets are Jeep owners and some Vets have smack-talked H2s and us as owners, but to paint the whole thing as being offensive to members of the Armed Forces is simply an attempt to disparage the true intent of it.

Warning of this video was given even before it was made. The maker even said he was going to put together a video to piss the Jeepers off the same way they have been doing to us the past few years. Just admit it, it's not fun when the crosshairs are on you.

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 04:22 PM

LMFAO! You guys slay me! Its funny with all these pics posted showing Jeeps stuck, you notice they are all offroad getting stuck.

Where are the follow up pics showing the H2 going thru the same area the jeep got stuck? OH yeah, there are none!

Also, if you calm down and stop acting like 12 year olds throwing high school aged insults, you will see I never said My vehicle will always kick your vehicles ass. Nor did I personally insult any of you. I also never said anyone who is wheeling an H2 is a n00b or does not have experience. You all seemed to fill in those blanks yourselves. But I want to thank all you H2 owners who are acting like spoiled kids for proving my point!

Bottom line is the jabs are going back and forth, both on Jeep boards and Hummer boards. And lets be honest its been fun, but apparently SOME of you cant take it.

Anyhow, Id love to wheel with any H2 and go thru the paces to see how they compare and how they ride offroad. I'll be at Rubicon in the end of August and Dusy/Ershim on Labor Day weekend. Is anyone going I can perhaps meet there?

Anyhow, I look forward to your colorful responses!

See ya folks on the trails!

geberhard 07-25-2005 04:29 PM

Hey Paragon,

Did not get any apologies from ya, you are the one getting off thsi too damn easy, lol

Quote:

Originally posted by geberhard:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
You don't get off that damn easy. Fine, if you want to quit the crap. I'll quit pushing the buttons, but don't try to continue a lie, here. People here are just not that stupid.

Where do you suppose you got that link to the video? You got the link from pirate. Damn, what difference does it make, and why lie about something so insignificant and simple.

Either keep the trolling so we can continue with the fun or just drop it all.

Paragon,

Sorry to repeat, but you are wrong... The link was from another board... so?

http://www.bayarea4x4.com/forums/index.php?topic=4279.0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>