Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   H2 vs JEEP End all showdown in MOAB VIDEO! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995)

DRTYFN 07-25-2005 07:32 PM

http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/...k_spyshots.asp

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots/S...gler.S178.A8684.html

PARAGON 07-25-2005 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2 Rubi's R more fun:
As far as the google search, try serching "Jeep TJ" which came out in '97, to narrow the field.

Or, if you are up to it, try "Jeep Rubicon" which came out in 2003. Please, please try Jeep Rubicon! That good enough for ya?
What is this all about?

Ok, I did the search, what's the point:



http://images.google.com/images?q=jeep+rubicon

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 07:34 PM

You are talking about spy photos with all the black rags on top, and a lot of speculation.

The engine MAY be the small 3.7l from the Liberty, or another mid-sized V6. The designation MAY also be JK or TK, as thatis not clear yet either.

NJ H2 07-25-2005 07:35 PM

OK ... let me re-phrase.
If someone were to give you a choice of a new Jeep or a new H2 (for FREE to own and drive) and the price of gas was no object because they also gave you an unlimited gas card for as much free gas as you need for that specific truck, what do you honestly think anyone would take?
(and don't give me a stupid answer like:
I would sell the H2 and build a new jeep.

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NJ H2:
OK ... let me re-phrase.
If someone were to give you a choice of a new Jeep or a new H2 (for FREE to own and drive) and the price of gas was no object because they also gave you an unlimited gas card for as much free gas as you need for that specific truck, what do you honestly think anyone would take?
(and don't give me a stupid answer like:
I would sell the H2 and build a new jeep.

LMFAO, so if the planets aligned, there was peace on Earth, and Santa Claus really did exsist? Come on man, get in touch with reality.

Even playing your silly little game I would do exactly as you said. Sell the H2 and with the extra money, build a wicked Jeep. Unlike you I do not need DVD players, 5000w stereo systems, warming seats for my senstive bottom, etc.

DennisAJC 07-25-2005 07:42 PM

Is that the best you guys can come up with??????? It's too wide????It's too heavy???

Those qualities RARELY apply in real off road situations. Did nature specify a width JUST for fawking Heeps??

How about, Jeeps are too tiny, too guttless, too fragile???

Did you think the US Military Machine said, "What if we come between two trees and it's too narrow for the Hummer????"

Bottom line is JEEP will ALWAYS be chasing HUMMER. Jeep will always be one step behind and it pisses you off. The HUMMER grill fiasco always brings a grin to my face.

DrMoab 07-25-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:

BTW, Jeep has yet to release the model designation of the new Jeep. Speculation is the TJ designation may end and a new one is forthcoming perhaps
Dude, what are you talking about. The TK is the 2007 model of the Wrangler. It's the all new designed and is being tested as we type. It won't have 6 banger anymore, will not have removeable tops and...... I can't remember off the top of my head the other stuff.

It's not brand new information. It's been known for a little while. Do a search for 07 TK or the like, I am sure this already a bunch of stuff out on it. [/quote]
Get his facts strait? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. It still has a six banger in it...Just not an inline six. It will still have a soft top. They are just comming out with a hard top version also.

You are right...the info has been out for a long time. However its all info on the prototype The info on the production version has not been released yet.

I have to say though its a shame what DC is doing to jeeps.
They are making them more and more like Hummers and Tahoes and VWs everyday.

hoss75 07-25-2005 07:48 PM

Quote:

The truth is anyone can have a Jeep including lot's of High School Grads, but if given the choice of a Hummer or a Jeep to keep and drive I can tell you anyone and I mean anyone including all you Jeepers would take the Hummer.


Thanks but I'll stick with my Liberty.. small and agile enough to follow a Wrangler with most of the creature comforts and highway friendliness of your H2s.

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Is that the best you guys can come up with??????? It's too wide????It's too heavy???

Those qualities RARELY apply in real off road situations. Did nature specify a width JUST for fawking Heeps??

How about, Jeeps are too tiny, too guttless, too fragile???

Did you think the US Military Machine said, "What if we come between two trees and it's too narrow for the Hummer????"

Bottom line is JEEP will ALWAYS be chasing HUMMER. Jeep will always be one step behind and it pisses you off. The HUMMER grill fiasco always brings a grin to my face.

Are you comparing an H1 with your silly little H2? You have got to be kidding me right? Fragile? can you say I. F. S.? SNAP! I was able to break 2 H-1's in the military also. Its no secret the H-1 front end was weak.

As far as chasing a Hummer H2 or H3 when they arrive, lets take out a stock Hummer and a stock Rubicon, and see who really goes where and who doesn't. There is your challenge: Stock vs Stock.

ANY of you up for it?

DrMoab 07-25-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Is that the best you guys can come up with??????? It's too wide????It's too heavy???
I guess it depends on the type of wheeling you are doing. Wide and heavy are constanly a battle in the fourwheeling world I play in. Even in an XJ I find situations where I wish I was narower or lighter then I am.
Ask the guy I pulled out of the snow.

Quote:

How about, Jeeps are too tiny, too guttless, too fragile???
Too gutless or fragile? Wanna race? Stock vs Stock? Whats your 0-60 times?
Too fragile? How many tie rods have you broke?



Quote:

Bottom line is JEEP will ALWAYS be chasing HUMMER. Jeep will always be one step behind and it pisses you off. The HUMMER grill fiasco always brings a grin to my face.

Then why are YOU guys sitting here telling us...no wait whining to us about how picked on you are in the 4wd world? Seems to me that you guys are the ones always chasing...Reputation anyway...I think the fact that Jeep has...and always will be the pillar in the off-road world pisses you guys off so much you have to make silly little videos.

PARAGON 07-25-2005 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2 Rubi's R more fun:
You are talking about spy photos with all the black rags on top, and a lot of speculation.

The engine MAY be the small 3.7l from the Liberty, or another mid-sized V6. The designation MAY also be JK or TK, as thatis not clear yet either.
Guys this isn't what-if stuff. No more soft-top. It will have a base engine the same as the Liberty but will have an optional small V-8, not a V-6. It doesn't matter what they call it once it starts production. It's known now as the TK and it's not a prototype, that was last year. This thing is in testing now and will hit the streets next year.

DrMoab 07-25-2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:
] Guys this isn't what-if stuff. No more soft-top. It will have a base engine the same as the Liberty but will have an optional small V-8, not a V-6. It doesn't matter what they call it once it starts production. It's known now as the TK and it's not a prototype, that was last year. This thing is in testing now and will hit the streets next year.
Back it up!

DRTYFN 07-25-2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:

So what's going to make you happy? What should we drive? Tell us, you ****ing know-it-all bitch!!! Oh yeah, and you're full of **** on just about everything you just said. If you'd like I'll point them out for you so the next time you spout off you'll at least know a couple of things not to say.
Keep it up....you are really showing the rest of us non-hummer drivers the attitude you guys truly have.

If you could get over yourself for just long enough to read my post again...without thinking that everything a non-hummer driver says is out to hurt you or something... You might have noticed that nowhere in my post did I say you should drive anything else then what you drive.
I was just making the point that I...me...personaly have no use for one.

If you still read on you might notice that I said I think Hummers have thier place in the off road world.

You want to show me what they can do...OK Show me a Hummer fitting through trees a CJ will barly fit through. Show me a Hummer that will follow a light weight jeep over top of spring time snow( and I can prove this can't happen)

Come on...I dare you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never did give a straight answer. Maybe you're not straight and are incapable of giving a straight answer.

I apologize to 2 Rubi for jabbing you for not answering. My bad.

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 07:59 PM

No problem bud. Over and done with.

Anyone near Central Cali, lets go wheelin! I have not been out for a couple weeks!

ROX 07-25-2005 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2 Rubi's R more fun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NJ H2:
OK ... let me re-phrase.
If someone were to give you a choice of a new Jeep or a new H2 (for FREE to own and drive) and the price of gas was no object because they also gave you an unlimited gas card for as much free gas as you need for that specific truck, what do you honestly think anyone would take?
(and don't give me a stupid answer like:
I would sell the H2 and build a new jeep.

LMFAO, so if the planets aligned, there was peace on Earth, and Santa Claus really did exsist? Come on man, get in touch with reality.

Even playing your silly little game I would do exactly as you said. Sell the H2 and with the extra money, build a wicked Jeep. Unlike you I do not need DVD players, 5000w stereo systems, warming seats for my senstive bottom, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I owned a pickup and was about to buy and old ratty Jeep to fix up,(cuz none of em are worth a **** anyway) so I could off-road. Instead I spent the money on a Hummer H2. And I love the heated seats, my kids go everywhere and really dig the DVD, so there. I actually upgraded when I bought it. And the H1 used to be a gutless, rideless piece of tankage that I don't care for. Except now.....

So see you on the trail! I'll be the one with the seat heaters on all nice and dry, and I'll have hot steamy coffee for you folks diggin yourselves out. Can't miss me. I'm the one following you up the trail in the Stealth Gray, and just in case you get stuck I'll have my winch on so we can get you back on the road. So be nice or no cookies for you.

2 Rubi\'s R more fun 07-25-2005 08:00 PM

BTW, what kind of winches are those and what weight rating?

PARAGON 07-25-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrMoab:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

BTW, Jeep has yet to release the model designation of the new Jeep. Speculation is the TJ designation may end and a new one is forthcoming perhaps
Dude, what are you talking about. The TK is the 2007 model of the Wrangler. It's the all new designed and is being tested as we type. It won't have 6 banger anymore, will not have removeable tops and...... I can't remember off the top of my head the other stuff.

It's not brand new information. It's been known for a little while. Do a search for 07 TK or the like, I am sure this already a bunch of stuff out on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Get his facts strait? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. It still has a six banger in it...Just not an inline six. It will still have a soft top. They are just comming out with a hard top version also.

You are right...the info has been out for a long time. However its all info on the prototype The info on the production version has not been released yet.

I have to say though its a shame what DC is doing to jeeps.
They are making them more and more like Hummers and Tahoes and VWs everyday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have no idea what the hell you said here. But let me say this: The new TK will not have a 6 cyl., V or inline. No removable tops, hard or soft like the current and past wranglers. It will have a front section that will open up over the front seats ONLY. The rear will have a full solid roof and solid, attached, part of the body, sides and rear glass with an integrated lift/tail gate. This is not the prototype information and has not been out for "a long time." It's been leaked for a month or so.

You guys are some goofy ones. This stuff has to be leaked out so that the aftermarket manufacturers can start making up stuff since the whole vehicle is redesigned. That's how this kind of stuff gets leaked out. Sheesh, talk about touchy.

DrMoab 07-25-2005 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DRTYFN:
You never did give a straight answer. Maybe you're not straight and are incapable of giving a straight answer.

I apologize to 2 Rubi for jabbing you for not answering. My bad.
Yes I did...I said that Hummers have their place. If you want one and it fits your needs...fine. I won't hold it against you.
I bet in this thread I have said it five times...I will wheel with anyone anytime and anywhere(as long as they can keep up)
For myself I have a strong brand loyalty but I don't try to impose that on anyone else.

If we met on the trail I would never ever in a million years turn my nose up at you because you are in an H2. Nor would I laugh harder if you rolled it or be one of the idiots who stand and cheer when you guys break.

All I said is that I...me personaly have no use for a Hummer. If it bothers you that someone feels that way then maybe you need to see a shrink!

Straight enough for ya?

DrMoab 07-25-2005 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:
] I have no idea what the hell you said here. But let me say this: The new TK will not have a 6 cyl., V or inline. No removable tops, hard or soft like the current and past wranglers. It will have a front section that will open up over the front seats ONLY. The rear will have a full solid roof and solid, attached, part of the body, sides and rear glass with an integrated lift/tail gate. This is not the prototype information and has not been out for "a long time." It's been leaked for a month or so.

You guys are some goofy ones. This stuff has to be leaked out so that the aftermarket manufacturers can start making up stuff since the whole vehicle is redesigned. That's how this kind of stuff gets leaked out. Sheesh, talk about touchy.
I said it once and I will say it again...
Back it up. Prove it. Send me a solid link to something I can read for myself.
Something that is varifiable by DC.
If you can not do this then SPOBI!!

I was hoping JP had the article online but its not.
They talked to a DC rep who said basicly everything you said is false. Rumors abound but there is no varifiable truth to what you say...Other then the fact that the I6 is going away.

Everything else is complete BS unless you can get us a varifiable link to some solid info.

So post it up man.

PARAGON 07-25-2005 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrMoab:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
] Guys this isn't what-if stuff. No more soft-top. It will have a base engine the same as the Liberty but will have an optional small V-8, not a V-6. It doesn't matter what they call it once it starts production. It's known now as the TK and it's not a prototype, that was last year. This thing is in testing now and will hit the streets next year.
Back it up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Do a little looking on the internet, you can find it and easily read between the lines. Also, there are a couple of people who work for somebody on this forum, PM them and ask them some "very general" questions. They probably won't answer or respond to you seeing how you guys have acted but, hey, it's worth a try.

But, fine, let me rephrase the question. If DC were to do that to the wrangler, what's up with that?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.