Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   all black rims? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7319)

yodawagon 02-07-2006 08:12 AM

i like this all black look. anyone know what kind of rims these are? or where i could find all black rims.

yodawagon 02-07-2006 08:12 AM

i like this all black look. anyone know what kind of rims these are? or where i could find all black rims.

TXSUT 02-07-2006 12:18 PM

There have been countless pics of all-black wheels posted here, so it should be pretty easy to do a search on "black wheels" and find what you're looking for.

Arob 02-07-2006 03:58 PM

The all black rims are sweet!

Alex13188 02-07-2006 05:25 PM

hey i saw that truck at the auction. i dont know what kind they are but they are 22's with nittos.

Fubar 02-07-2006 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Fubar 02-07-2006 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Fubar 02-07-2006 05:43 PM

Oh and yes the truck is mine

DDWH 02-07-2006 06:08 PM

Those rims look sharp Fubar! Any issues with the coating?

Fubar 02-07-2006 07:07 PM

No, nothing they are a breeze to clean.

My only complaint and it's entirely my fault is/was not having gone to 37 inch tires with the 18in. rims.

Once aired down there wasn't enough rubber to protect the edge of the rims from a challenging obstacle during last Octobers Moab trip.

I know had I had an extra inch by going with 37's instead of staying with 35's the damage to the edge of my rims would not have happened. The rock that hit the rim would have hit the sidewall had I been running 37's.

Lesson learned and I'm in the process of figuring out some way of justifying buying new tires and replacing the 1 or 2 rims that got dinged.

I know it's just the price ya pay when you play.

I don't do enough off-roading to justify the dings in my mind so they are a constant reminder of my lack of ability & skill but also they remind me of the great time I had and the great friendships that were started.

Just to be clear the dings on the rims are not a reslut of them being teflon or all black just a reslut of my poor choice of a line.

timgco 02-07-2006 07:20 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fubar:
No, nothing they are a breeze to clean.

My only complaint and it's entirely my fault is/was not having gone to 37 inch tires with the 18in. rims.

Once aired down there wasn't enough rubber to protect the edge of the rims from a challenging obstacle during last Octobers Moab trip.

I know had I had an extra inch by going with 37's instead of staying with 35's the damage to the edge of my rims would not have happened. The rock that hit the rim would have hit the sidewall had I been running 37's.

Lesson learned and I'm in the process of figuring out some way of justifying buying new tires and replacing the 1 or 2 rims that got dinged.

I know it's just the price ya pay when you play.

I don't do enough off-roading to justify the dings in my mind so they are a constant reminder of my lack of ability & skill but also they remind me of the great time I had and the great friendships that were started.

Just to be clear the dings on the rims are not a reslut of them being teflon or all black just a reslut of my poor choice of a line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shaggy must have been spotting.

What happened to your brush guard? Or did you not ever have one there? ...thought you did.

yodawagon 02-07-2006 07:21 PM

i used the search, but found alot of stock wheels painted black.

Fubar 02-07-2006 07:30 PM

never had one. thats also on the list of things to get.

SoonerBoarder 02-07-2006 08:04 PM

I have the Teflon coated Mojaves, too. American Racing just came out with a new 20" black teflon wheel, Dominator. That may be what's on the black Hummer above.

DRTYFN 02-09-2006 05:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yodawagon:
i like this all black look. anyone know what kind of rims these are? or where i could find all black rims. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yodawagon 02-14-2006 02:55 AM

DRTYFN, thanks for taking time away from fishing to answer my post. hope it didnt cause any problems with your friends from the mountain. is it true you got your backdoor pushed in while on the mountain?

NewHummerGuy 02-14-2006 11:32 AM

damn Yoda....u got balls thats for sure. No brains. But definately balls.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yodawagon:
DRTYFN, thanks for taking time away from fishing to answer my post. hope it didnt cause any problems with your friends from the mountain. is it true you got your backdoor pushed in while on the mountain?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adam in CO 02-14-2006 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rockcrawler Series 97

CO Hummer 02-14-2006 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yodawagon:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yodawagon 02-14-2006 05:38 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewHummerGuy:
damn Yoda....u got balls thats for sure. No brains. But definately balls.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yodawagon:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just dont understand this rude adittude to newbies. i have a brain, just think that this kind of rudeness is the reason H2 owners are labeled jerks. if i wanted to deal with H2 owners with adittudes id drive to the yuppie part of town.