Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Forum usage and Significance to H2 community (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45129)

iwillnc 09-28-2020 01:32 AM

Forum usage and Significance to H2 community

It always blows my mind seeing this forum empty as it was once the dominant source for all things H2, I hate that new registration was shut down but obviously the forum format is older than hell now (as are most Hummer forums)

I remember getting in on the tail end of the forums heyday and the expertise was unparalleled, now we’re scattered in the wind over 5 different forums which is much too great for the amount of trucks produced and left. The unfortunate fact is this post probably won’t be read by remaining members for a couple months as there’s nothing other than a rich source of data left to come here for.

I can’t even remember how to get to the back end of the forum anymore which is where the real fun existed.

Being here feels like finding a old house deep in the woods and writing notes on the wall, coming back every couple years to new messages from a long forgotten friend. Eerie almost.

KT2T 09-29-2020 01:47 AM

Re: Forum usage and Significance to H2 community

You're not alone. :beerchug:

iwillnc 09-30-2020 01:19 AM

It logs me out before I can even post.

It definitely sucks, my truck is getting some brake lines replaced right now, haven’t failed just want to be safe. But I wish we had some community here still.

KT2T 09-30-2020 01:54 AM

I'd definitely contribute time to moderate as well as a recurring buck or three to revive this forum. Of them all, I always felt like this one was best, or at least best for me. No overzealous mods shutting things down, say whatever you want, just my kind of place.

iwillnc 10-02-2020 06:25 PM

Yes this one was absolutely the best.

I don’t think it will ever come back unfortunately.

One the forum is outdated and based on a 1990s platform which simply is not going to be protected or have the features needed to work in the modern world if opened up.

Second and the biggest issue is that there are way to many Hummer forums for the number of trucks that have been built.
I mean seriously there are too many forums on the internet to support the number of trucks produced. There hasn’t been a good H2 forum since this one shut down because the population is spread so thin.

HummBebe 10-12-2020 08:42 PM

So - I agree, especially since I have and H2 too!!

:grouphug:

CBR_Raven 10-26-2020 02:49 PM

I actually didn't even know there were other Hummer forums out there. This one was always it for me. Hopefully we can wake things up around here with the new Hummer EV arriving soon.

DRTYFN 12-27-2020 06:07 PM

Ahhhh... back in the day....:clapping: :beerchug: :jump:

The Green Lantern 02-27-2021 06:50 PM

It's Facebook's fault! It's like the song "Video killed the radio star"! :popcorn:

Joe 03-25-2021 04:56 PM

Anyone ever try and contact the owner and buy out the site to give it new life? Cant imagine much value in traffic these days but the vast content library probably still brings folks. Plus if updated and reactivated might find a nice niche base again.
Agreed sad overall. Great past source for my H2 owning days. Oddly found my way back her because I am considering buying my third H2.